"bring black black ops sniping"

#1Emo Preppy KidPosted 8/20/2013 9:44:45 AM
why do i have a ~1.85 kd in black ops 1 using only the l96/PSG and a 1.49 in this game using only the ballista/DSR?

am i the only one who thinks sniping is more difficult in this game? array, jungle, villa, WMD, grid - all those maps had long, unbroken lines of sight and/or high perches from which to snipe. meanwhile in this game it seems, at least to me, that the long lines of sight that do exist are broken up by random clutter and the few perches are both obvious and highly exposed.

maybe it's due to the fact that i don't "quickscope" in the traditional sense but i've always been baffled by the hate for smokers and especially the quote in the topic title which i hear constantly
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.
#2SnickleseedPosted 8/20/2013 9:46:06 AM
if you don't quickscope in this game you're doing it wrong
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#3Astro_B0mbPosted 8/20/2013 9:47:51 AM
Because blops1 had functional ads delay and that instant sway when you scoped in. Still the game I have the most sniper kills in tho
---
#lilbismyfriend2013
#4Emo Preppy Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 9:50:15 AM
Astro_B0mb posted...
Because blops1 had functional ads delay and that instant sway when you scoped in. Still the game I have the most sniper kills in tho

zoom+hold breath simultaneously. accurate shot after maybe half a second

same way i snipe in this game. maybe i'd do better if i eschewed the breath holding entirely
---
#5Astro_B0mbPosted 8/20/2013 10:02:37 AM
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...

same way i snipe in this game. maybe i'd do better if i eschewed the breath holding entirely

Those things I listed are why anti-quickscopers want the blops1 sniping style to return because it made quickscoping "harder." Didnt affect anyone once they got used to it tho
---
#lilbismyfriend2013
#6Emo Preppy Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 10:10:03 AM
Astro_B0mb posted...
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...

Those things I listed are why anti-quickscopers want the blops1 sniping style to return because it made quickscoping "harder." Didnt affect anyone once they got used to it tho

oh, i mean, i understand why they say it and what they mean by it. i'm just saying that, as someone who exclusively snipes in both games, i don't think it was truly any harder in BO1. maybe even easier given the maps
---
#7Edavy89Posted 8/20/2013 10:14:52 AM
Astro_B0mb posted...
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...

True, but at least then quick-scopers had to do something *something*. I'm not personally anti-quick scoping, but it really is too easy. the only real skill involved in a shooter is your ability to aim quickly and accurately, when a shooting tactic uses an in-game assistance mechanic to do 95% of that for you is the problem. Sure, some quick scopers are much much better than others, and i'm not denying that it takes some skill, just that aim assistance effects it WAY too much. When you can pop out from cover, tap LT and then RT almost at the same time and get one hit kills without actually registering the enemy in view it's a problem.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#8HamJabroniPosted 8/20/2013 10:35:49 AM
Edavy89 posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...

True, but at least then quick-scopers had to do something *something*. I'm not personally anti-quick scoping, but it really is too easy. the only real skill involved in a shooter is your ability to aim quickly and accurately, when a shooting tactic uses an in-game assistance mechanic to do 95% of that for you is the problem. Sure, some quick scopers are much much better than others, and i'm not denying that it takes some skill, just that aim assistance effects it WAY too much. When you can pop out from cover, tap LT and then RT almost at the same time and get one hit kills without actually registering the enemy in view it's a problem.

Ahh another person saying you just ads and the game just aims for you. The ignorance...
---
"Accepted disgrace in the place of honor... Hate in the place of love... And still he died with a smile on his face, fooling you to the very end."
#9DawgwoodPosted 8/20/2013 10:44:04 AM
They should just make it so if a person attempts to quickscope, the gun blows up in their hands and they are forced to play the rest of the round without a weapon of any sort. In the post game lobby, an electroshock wave is then sent through the controller that stuns and immobilizes the player for 15-20 minutes...thus giving them a well needed time out.
---
I've made a huge mistake...
#10supercoolrubenPosted 8/20/2013 10:50:45 AM
They should just make it so if a person attempts to quickscope, the gun blows up in their hands and they are forced to play the rest of the round without a weapon of any sort. In the post game lobby, an electroshock wave is then sent through the controller that stuns and immobilizes the player for 15-20 minutes...thus giving them a well needed time out.

overreact much?
---
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.625GHz | 2x7970 | Corsair 650D | Custom Watercooling | 2x U2312HM | http://imgur.com/a/IlgFJ