Call of Duty has been great.. The next GREAT MASS CULTURE changing game...

#21GiglioroninomPosted 8/26/2013 10:26:22 PM
You really must not be paying attention to the next gen launch lineup.
---
GT: BBY52
#22phillyeagles123Posted 8/26/2013 10:37:14 PM
Damn, have you heard of paragraphs and spacing? No one wants to read a wall of text...
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#23CooLJaY2kay4Posted 8/26/2013 10:45:58 PM
It's going to be Destiny
---
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own." - Solid Snake
#24Devil_wings00Posted 8/26/2013 11:14:29 PM
Oblivion_Slayer posted...
Shooters will always be the most popular genre of game, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Except from 1985 until about half way through the PS2/Xbox era when they weren't ;p
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#25BlocktopusPosted 8/27/2013 11:09:24 AM
have you ever even heard of oddworld stranger?

It was a mostly fps game, unlike no other. Completely unique. what were you saying about fps games running out of themes?
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#26Jack_Crow21Posted 8/27/2013 11:45:31 AM
Majora1988 posted...
Stopped reading at inaccurate Civil War rifles.

The Civil War era marked the beginning of accurate fire on the battlefield, with the adoption of the Minie bullet. Plus the advent of repeating rifles seen near the end of the war.

Breech loaders, and the first metallic rifle cartridges FTW! Sharps rifle, plus the Spencer (so cool in "The Unforgiven") and my favorite rifle of all time, the Henry Repeater! Load on Sunday, shoot all week!
---
Yay nerd fight! Don't forget to bring medkits! - Crack_Fox on Gfaqs
#27DeathChaos25Posted 8/27/2013 11:49:43 AM
TC, your OP needs to be more organized.

I have Hypermetropia (I'm Farsighted), and even without wearing my glasses All I saw was a bunch of black dots together, truly a Clusterf*** for the eyes.

That being said, I didn't even bother getting my glasses, hell, I'm typing this message without my glasses, meaning I can't even differentiate one letter from another as I type, and I am 100% sure that even this post will have a better reader friendly format and less spelling mistakes...

TL;DR I'm farsighted and that unorganized wall of text isn't worth the effort of looking for my glasses and putting them on...
---
Xbox live & PSN - DeathChaos25
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b97a07f0f28c3675dd
#28AphoristicPosted 8/27/2013 12:03:16 PM
The thing is that shooters weren't capable of being mainstream years ago. Controllers didn't have the ability to support them properly. Graphical power wasn't capable of creating an immersive enough world for most people. I personally cannot see them declining in popularity to anything in the best future.

Aside from MOBAs which are already popular, nothing will pass up shooters. MOBAs also cannot be played on consoles as well as on PC. It would take the fall of consoles for shooters to fall in popularity. Even that isn't likely to cause it as PC still loves shooters.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 5327 - 0903 - 9993 (3DS) ]
#29BlocktopusPosted 8/27/2013 10:20:54 PM
Aphoristic posted...
The thing is that shooters weren't capable of being mainstream years ago. Controllers didn't have the ability to support them properly. Graphical power wasn't capable of creating an immersive enough world for most people. I personally cannot see them declining in popularity to anything in the best future.

Aside from MOBAs which are already popular, nothing will pass up shooters. MOBAs also cannot be played on consoles as well as on PC. It would take the fall of consoles for shooters to fall in popularity. Even that isn't likely to cause it as PC still loves shooters.

Wat lol.

Halo and Tom Clancy games were mainstream as hell years ago
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#30MasterSplinterWPosted 8/28/2013 1:54:13 AM
Oblivion_Slayer posted...
Shooters will always be the most popular genre of game, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

on consoles for sure
---
On the 261, just remember that you aren't allowed to make a single assertion, assumption, or declaration without stats, studies, and followup to said studies.