Origins Answers, Tips, Guidelines, and Help [FEEL FREE TO ADD!]

#41TheBEST305gamerPosted 8/28/2013 3:48:38 AM
Vincent729 posted...
Is there any way to get a "crawler" or keep one zombie alive for the remainder of a round to go exploring? We tried this last night, and the last zombie or two just randomly died.

Nope. They die out if you go too far, just like in all the other bops2 maps
#42TheBEST305gamerPosted 8/28/2013 3:50:44 AM
For all of you solo players, I find the best spot to be in the crazy place. Just run circles around that one big blue spot with the elemental rocks around it. No need to worry about that big annoying robot there.
#43sorakeyblade715Posted 8/28/2013 4:46:55 AM
banjo0224244 posted...
TANGGOLF posted...
Soul Chests:

These are chests that are similar to the Dogs in Mob of the Dead. Killing zombies near them open them up and souls fly in. It takes quite a bit to fill them. Locations:

1. To the left of the PAP walkway in a muddy area (Also a mech stomp location!)
2. Behind Jugg
3. In an area next to Gen 5
4. Can't remember the location but I know I've seen it.

I believe there are only 4.

Any idea what these do? I had found the one near Jugg earlier today prior to reading anything online and at first I thought it was another Mystery Box. I then saw lights from zombies going into it as I killed them, but I don't think I was able to fill it.

FaithInAll posted...
The "boss" zombies seem to fall pretty quick with just headshots. Intimidating at first but on round 20 they seemed to fall pretty quick to a pap'd mp40 to the head.

Are you talking about the big mech zombie guy with the flamethrower and grabber thing? If so, how did you kill him with non-PAP'd weapons? I go for headshots but he would kill me before I could finish him off. That damn grabber thing would always kill me in one hit when he reeled me in.

I just shot him with a remington repeatedly.
---
xbl PuffDaddyGiant9
#44Leventhan26Posted 8/28/2013 6:33:17 AM
Vincent729 posted...
Is there any way to get a "crawler" or keep one zombie alive for the remainder of a round to go exploring? We tried this last night, and the last zombie or two just randomly died.

easiest way is to have one person train 2-4 zombies in a circle around one of the generators. Don't let them get stepped on and you should be fine. The zombies will die but they will respawn on the map somewhere.

Only problem with this method is someone needs to drag the zombie back when it respawns and one person can't explore.

7/10 we have to do this so someone can go afk, they really needed to add a way to pause the game.

I usually do this with just 2 zombies and have never had the round end, I think it might be able to happen if you are unlucky and have both die at the same time, but it had never happened to us.
#45chicagogr81Posted 8/28/2013 6:59:15 AM
Forget running the last zombie, fall back on the tried and true method of keeping the last zombie stuck in the window. We held one like that for an hour and a half last night while building all the staffs.

Oh, and to the person who was asking about the fire record, the other spot I've found it in the church is in the nook between the tank and the stairs going up to the 2nd floor.
---
JD/MBA/MS --- GT: Arvs23
In My Lifetime: 1 Lombardi Trophy, 6 O'Brien Trophies, 1 Commissioner's Trophy, 2 Stanley Cups
#46SinCityKidPosted 8/28/2013 8:50:29 AM
Shawk3 posted...
Where else can the fire record spawn besides the upper floor of the church? I've been searching forever, can't find it.

I think the other location is hidden behind the tank..........like you have to move the tank out of the way and only then you'll be able to pick it up.
#47supercoolisaacPosted 8/28/2013 9:25:29 AM(edited)
So from what i gather powering up the generators essentially activates power for the area that the generator is in? As in there's no single switch that you flip to turn power on with?

Edit: jk, i missed the part in the OP where you clarified this. derp.
---
Lerth: I'm righty and fatclemenza is on lefty duty when it comes to supercoolisaac's bathroom breaks. Clem: Together we are the triforce of circlejerk.
#48chicagogr81Posted 8/28/2013 9:20:41 AM
I know that a few people have already constructed the ULTIMATE staffs by decoding the puzzles in the crazy place, the rubik's cube puzzle in the staff room, the various tombstones, torches, orbs and panels in the regular map, and finally placing the staffs in the crazy place and killing zombies to power them up to their ultimate incarnations. They're then supposed to be placed inside the giant robots.
---
JD/MBA/MS --- GT: Arvs23
In My Lifetime: 1 Lombardi Trophy, 6 O'Brien Trophies, 1 Commissioner's Trophy, 2 Stanley Cups
#49supercoolisaacPosted 8/28/2013 10:48:07 AM
When you fill a souls chest it disappears. I assume you need to fill them all and then you get something.
---
Lerth: I'm righty and fatclemenza is on lefty duty when it comes to supercoolisaac's bathroom breaks. Clem: Together we are the triforce of circlejerk.
#50VeluxierPosted 8/28/2013 10:49:36 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
When you fill a souls chest it disappears. I assume you need to fill them all and then you get something.

You get a melee upgrade when you do this.
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Animal Crossing: NL
NNID: Veluxier. MH3U Name: Reixulev. HR: 60+.