I give this DLC 8/10

#1thebest99Posted 8/27/2013 11:06:39 PM
I like the maps but I'm a not a huge fan of Dig, it feels like downturn and aftermath merged with a pile of ****. Well I was never a huge fan of Courtyard in the first place but I don't much like the map.

I guess you could say

I'm not really digging it

YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
---
New Commentary! 8/19/13-http://youtu.be/L8Ui-wzqLyE
#2Silver17Posted 8/27/2013 11:24:59 PM
^ I agree.

I like the new Stadium reskin.

POD feels like a map in the OG BO rotation. (and I mean that in a good way)

Frost is one of my favorite DLC maps. I wish Frost was a stock map or DLC 1 at the very latest. It just sucks to have to wait this long to play it. :(

^ All 3 of those maps IMHO are solid, but Dig's reskin, I'm just not feeling at all. There's even a walkway to the side that they closed off too. I know they said that they paid "Homage" to Courtyard, so it's not gonna be an exact reskin, but I would have rather had Castle or a new map instead of Dig.

Overall, I agree this DLC is an 8/10 with the only negative being Courtyard's reskin...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#3FeelMyBladePosted 8/27/2013 11:33:25 PM
My favorite is Pod.

That is a map done right. :)
---
Getting: CoD Ghosts, GTA5, Titanfall
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
#4WelcommattPosted 8/28/2013 12:26:08 AM
Dig is just so bland. It feels like a flat map with beige rocks and bricks dropped everywhere. Frost and pod actually were good, which brings it up to a grand total of 4 maps I enjoy from this game (studio drone being the others). Takeoff could have been good if there was just less crap blocking the way, big sight lines blocked by the random structures, and it seemed like there wasn't a single place to snipe from because all the high ground had 3+ entrances so I never felt safe sitting still.
---
"Hodor" -Hodor
#5DawgwoodPosted 8/28/2013 3:55:24 AM
It's a good dlc, I like it a fair amount more than the last one. The Stadium re-skin is good, I do like Dig (I loved Courtyard though), and Pod really surprised me (I thought it would be horrible, but I think I like it best).

Frost reminds me of a poor man's Berlin Wall though, not super keen on it. I had a good experience on Dig with everyone moving around and what not, but Frost was nothing but people camping on both sides of the bridge.
---
I've made a huge mistake...
#6BlackOps06Posted 8/28/2013 5:34:39 AM
Agreed with liking everything but Dig. Dig just feels too chaotic. If you're not on the extreme perimeter you'll get shot from every direction imaginable, and it looked way cooler when it was set in Japan. I know it'd be lazy to not reskin it, but I kind of wish they just left it as is was in WAW minus changing the factions to SDC vs. SEALS. Pod I haven't played enough but seems good. Really like Frost and Takeoff. Origins is great so far.
#7jab1967Posted 8/28/2013 6:18:14 AM
I like the DLC in general. Good way for BO2 to wrap everything up.

Would've liked another weapon...but oh well.

This will hold me over until GTAV is released next month.
#8Silver17Posted 8/28/2013 2:27:56 PM
jab1967 posted...
I like the DLC in general. Good way for BO2 to wrap everything up.

Would've liked another weapon...but oh well.

This will hold me over until GTAV is released next month.

^ Yeah I could have gone for some MW3 Dual FMG9's (launch version) DLC in this game... J/K ;)
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#9timilayas99Posted 8/28/2013 2:35:02 PM
I would give Origins a 10/10.
---
Go away.