So, this game is bad huh?

#1TheMonkeyBombPosted 9/6/2013 7:04:30 AM
Go play MW2, or go hop on MW3. Not too long ago, I would usually get great lobbies in MW2 where people didn't abuse cheap setups, but it's extremely bad now. In fact, it was always bad. Maybe I've gotten pretty lucky with lobbies in the past. However, it makes me realize that Black Ops 2 isn't so bad after all. I was so horribly wrong.

What about MW3? Oh boy, that game is crazy terrible. Deathstreaks, sitrep, and support. Easily the worst COD.

All this game has is the poorly designed networking, (more so than the previous call of duty games) otherwise it's not so bad if you adjust your playstyle to compensate. This game is right up there with Call of Duty 4. Again, this is just my opinion. I'm aware that I wouldn't have said the same thing a few months back

The snipers aren't even close to as bad as people claim they are. If you complain about somebody getting ONE lucky kill, then you're playing the wrong franchise. Not trying to offend anybody here, I know that snipers can be annoying.

There really isn't a gun that is "OP" in this game. I define pre-patch Model 1887's and noob tubes as overpowered. Guns like the COD4 M16, UMP45, MSMC, aren't even close to that.

All I wanted to do is give this game some love since everybody gives this game so much hate.

What do you guys think?
#2Astro_B0mbPosted 9/6/2013 7:06:11 AM
Bottom 3 cod game with mw2 and mw3.
---
#lilbismyfriend2013
#3RKO_ON_RAWPosted 9/6/2013 7:24:35 AM
I think the common trend is that whenever someone has a good week or a handful of good games because the connections are in their favour, they act like this is the best game.

When the connections are against them, it's the worst game ever.

At the end of the day, the game is not a competitive game to be honest. You can't have a fair competitive match when you don't even know if you are beating the other team or if the connection is.

MW2 had great hit detection and less complaints of lag/lag comp because it did infact run better for the majority of people.

The popularity of the series has picked up too much and there's far too many people playing that don't even have half decent internet. This causes a lot of the issues I think.

Plus, this game has other issues as well such as the extremely limited field of view. The field of vision is not 'realistic'. In real life, a person doesn't see in a narrow cone of vision limited to mostly things that are infront of them. People at least expect this part to adhere to reality. This leads to BS moments that leave you wondering where the hell did he come from.

Then there's also that issue where people running past corners can sometimes see you slightly earlier than you can see them.

Looking across consoles - PS3 vs XBOX 360. PS3 has always been given the inferior version of this game. PS3 was criticized for being 'difficult to develop for'. Now that they've made the next gen (PS4) more like a PC and easier to develop for apparently, they've thrown dedicated servers into the mix ONLY for 360.

I realize I'm getting off-topic here but just wanted explain the issues with the series. Dedicated servers only for 360 is just another way to divide the cod community. I'll be getting a PS4 and surely won't be getting another call of duty game because these guys obviously have made their bias clear as can be.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#4TheMonkeyBomb(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 7:38:04 AM
RKO_ON_RAW posted...
I think the common trend is that whenever someone has a good week or a handful of good games because the connections are in their favour, they act like this is the best game.

When the connections are against them, it's the worst game ever.

At the end of the day, the game is not a competitive game to be honest. You can't have a fair competitive match when you don't even know if you are beating the other team or if the connection is.

MW2 had great hit detection and less complaints of lag/lag comp because it did infact run better for the majority of people.

The popularity of the series has picked up too much and there's far too many people playing that don't even have half decent internet. This causes a lot of the issues I think.

Plus, this game has other issues as well such as the extremely limited field of view. The field of vision is not 'realistic'. In real life, a person doesn't see in a narrow cone of vision limited to mostly things that are infront of them. People at least expect this part to adhere to reality. This leads to BS moments that leave you wondering where the hell did he come from.

Then there's also that issue where people running past corners can sometimes see you slightly earlier than you can see them.

Looking across consoles - PS3 vs XBOX 360. PS3 has always been given the inferior version of this game. PS3 was criticized for being 'difficult to develop for'. Now that they've made the next gen (PS4) more like a PC and easier to develop for apparently, they've thrown dedicated servers into the mix ONLY for 360.

I realize I'm getting off-topic here but just wanted explain the issues with the series. Dedicated servers only for 360 is just another way to divide the cod community. I'll be getting a PS4 and surely won't be getting another call of duty game because these guys obviously have made their bias clear as can be.

Don't get me wrong, this game does have its issues. It can be frustrating to have a streak of bad luck or terrible connection in lobbies. This was just to the people that kept praising a couple of select COD's when they're arguably worse than this is. (Again, not trying to offend anybody)

This is what I like to see, some good mature discussion. Let's see if it keeps up.
#5RKO_ON_RAWPosted 9/6/2013 7:39:56 AM
^I meant only for XBOX one there. I mistakenly said 'only for 360'.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#6Hypnotiq360Posted 9/6/2013 8:20:51 AM
I believe this game would have been up there with cod4 if connection didn't play such a huge role in how well it played. Loved the scorestreak system, pick 10, weapon balance (minus FAL and KAP pre patch/s) and of course the glorious mute all button (literally my favorite addition to the game). Having said that this is probably my least favorite cod (MW3 is a close second) simply because of the connection issues. Every person I've talked to whom has played on LAN said the difference in how this game plays is unbelievable. I have had games where I am absolutely wrecking kids and I have games where I scratch my head wondering where my bullets go.
---
XBL- dM Apollo
PSN- ii_Rec
#7AxCUNNINGxSTUNTPosted 9/6/2013 8:39:07 AM
Kind of stopped reading at bad networking, because that is one of the main points an on-line game has to manage, as well as decent hit detection, which is also poor in this game.

Also the maps are terrible in BLOPS ll, with too many small maps.

Haven't played MW2 in a while, but MW3 is still fun. Maps again are poor, but still better than this game.
#8Webmaster4531Posted 9/6/2013 8:52:43 AM
AxCUNNINGxSTUNT posted...
Kind of stopped reading at bad networking, because that is one of the main points an on-line game has to manage, as well as decent hit detection, which is also poor in this game.

Haven't played MW2 in a while, but MW3 is still fun. Maps again are poor, but still better than this game.

I still haven't seen any really good proof there is problems with hit detection or the problem is extremely rare. Get hit markers and your opponent not dying isn't bad hit detection that's just lag and p2p hosting.
---
Ad Hominem.
#9WorstSniperEverPosted 9/6/2013 10:04:19 AM
I went back to MW3 a little while ago... terrible.
Personally...

MW2>Blops2>Blops>MW3

I put MW2 at the top because I honestly believe it is the best, flawed only by the constant tubing. It also seemed like the hardest game to actually get good at lol.
The first Blops just feels really hollow to me, I can't think of a better way to describe it.
And MW3 was killed by terrible map design. For all the hate the Blops2 maps get, MW3 was a million times worse.

Just my opinions though.

&SniperOut
---
Sniper is becoming one of my new favorite posters. He's a wordsmith that verbally slaughters others, but in a more passive and logical way. - Lerthyr
#10PistonsFan213Posted 9/6/2013 10:09:38 AM
Webmaster4531 posted...
AxCUNNINGxSTUNT posted...

I still haven't seen any really good proof there is problems with hit detection or the problem is extremely rare. Get hit markers and your opponent not dying isn't bad hit detection that's just lag and p2p hosting.

There are literally thousands of proof videos showing the lag comp...
---
Gamertag: Divine Khaos21
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2, Halo 4, NBA 2K13, Borderlands 2