Hot Topic: Let's break down Quickscoping.

#11supercoolisaacPosted 9/7/2013 7:52:28 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
Attn people claiming quickscoping is easy and takes no skill: Please tell me your k/d with each sniper rifle and your overall k/d.

Thank you.

---
Lerth: I'm righty and fatclemenza is on lefty duty when it comes to supercoolisaac's bathroom breaks. Clem: Together we are the triforce of circlejerk.
#12Astro_B0mbPosted 9/7/2013 8:13:21 AM
TC is forgetting that every gun has a faster TTK than the time it takes a sniper to scope in.
---
#lilbismyfriend2013
#13HamJabroniPosted 9/7/2013 8:23:19 AM
all the quickscoping haters shut up after my vid

got em
---
"Accepted disgrace in the place of honor... Hate in the place of love... And still he died with a smile on his face, fooling you to the very end."
#14BlocktopusPosted 9/7/2013 8:33:57 AM
standing still takes skill 'cause we know how much of the cod community are hyperactive kids with adhd that only use the msmc
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#15EdwardDarkstarPosted 9/7/2013 9:03:47 AM
TC can believe what he wants.
People that try quickscoping know that it's no where near as 'simple' as TC claims.
One example:
Spray and pray- every gun can do it well except for snipers, the only ones that have a chance of doing so are the semi autos.
---
A beast of the night... I am DARKSTAR!
You may shake in terror now.
#16InjusticeRebornPosted 9/7/2013 10:03:37 AM(edited)
HamJabroni posted...
all the quickscoping haters shut up after my vid

got em

What? All I got from the video was the guy playing said it was more difficult to quickscope with Aim Assist off.

But to break this whole thing down:

1) from what I remember, TC says (or someone else says), that quick scoping is 'all aim assist'.

2) you post that link to a video to somehow prove him wrong.

3) quickscoper from video says, even though it is doable, it is more difficult, and somehow blames his not winning at FFA down to aim assist being off. With the words "I don't often lose FFA" (referring to his past games where aim assist is on) and "since taking aim assist off, I was getting close to winning", oh and let us not forget "I stopped playing after half an hour because I didn't like losing and I didn't like the fact I wasn't good at sniping (compared to when aim assist was on)".

So what have we here? A quickscoper of whatever worth, tries quickscoping without aim assist, shows it is possible without aim assist, but says it's more difficult without aim assist.

So, though it isn't 'all aim assist', and though it does require 'some skill', according to your video, aim assist does do something in a quickscoper's favour?

Is that right?

Edit: Because of said video, can we put an end to the reflex argument that aim assist isn't a factor now?
#17fatclemenzaPosted 9/7/2013 10:21:20 AM
^The point is that quickscoping is clearly not all aim assist since its still entirely possible with it disabled. However, just like with every other gun in the game, scoring hits is easier with aim assist on. That's just how consoles work.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#18bnorton96Posted 9/7/2013 10:21:58 AM
Wouldn't turning aim assist off while playing with any weapon be a little harder?...
#19BIueberriesPosted 9/7/2013 10:23:17 AM
BIueberries posted...
Donuts_R_Good posted...
I'd love to see the quickscoper use their "skill" if aim assist was completely off.

Oh wait, they wouldn't be able to, because that's all quickscoping is. Aim assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjHIP31onyE

inb4pchasaimassist
#20supercoolisaacPosted 9/7/2013 10:25:48 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Attn people claiming quickscoping is easy and takes no skill: Please tell me your k/d with each sniper rifle and your overall k/d.

Thank you.

---
Lerth: I'm righty and fatclemenza is on lefty duty when it comes to supercoolisaac's bathroom breaks. Clem: Together we are the triforce of circlejerk.