Hybrid Optic is the best sight for most assault rifles

#1BgSoAPosted 9/20/2013 6:34:43 AM
The ability to switch between a close range red dot, and a mid range ACOG is very useful. I love the extra zoom I get with the ACOG on my long range and precision weapons. It's better imo than the TF because you don't lose as much peripheral vision, and you're not vulnerable to CB users. Also it just looks good.

Not every AR likes this sight though. The MTAR, Type 25, and AN-94 lack the range to make an ACOG overly useful. I also dislike it on the M27, but at least it has low enough recoil that an ACOG is sometimes useful.

It's best I've found on the Swat 556, and M8A1, both of whom often need to switch between CQC and mid range firing. It's less useful on the FAL OSW than the SMR, but is excellent on both. The SCAR-H also benefits greatly, due to its extremely high range. The slight center speed increase is also nice due to its recoil.

I say it's best for rifles because LMGs can use variable zoom, or dual band. The TF is also amazing on LMGs because they have enough rounds to spray a potential CB user and not be instantly vulnerable.

Opinions on the Hybrid Optic?
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#2werkz_destroyzPosted 9/20/2013 6:49:23 AM
Red dot says hi.
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#3darkshadowmasterPosted 9/20/2013 6:54:49 AM
******* LOVE the Hybrid for my FAL. Such a massive improvement on it from MW3.

If I even use on on the weapon it's either that or the MMS.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#4BlocktopusPosted 9/20/2013 7:09:04 AM
sight attachments suck unless it's red dot sight because some guns have horrible iron sights
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#5Webmaster4531Posted 9/20/2013 7:09:59 AM
werkz_destroyz posted...
Red dot says hi.

The hybrid site has a Reflex Sight so no need to say hi.
---
Ad Hominem.
#6f41lurizerPosted 9/20/2013 8:43:24 AM
*gets into close range gunfight*
*acog appears*
*cant aim fast enough with acog and dirs*

Next life:
*sees enemy at range*
*has to switch to acog*
*starts shooting*
*a wild remington user appears*
*repeat step 1*

NO i do not like this sight
---
My 1st double swarm nuclear http://youtu.be/PJzX2zWbWk0 gt: f41lurizer
the knifes in this game are coated in a very potent poison called bull **** - thebest99
#7BgSoA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:13:57 AM
f41lurizer posted...
*acog appears*

Next life:
*sees enemy at range*
*has to switch to acog*
*starts shooting*
*repeat step 1*

I will concede this does happen, and it takes practice to know which sight to use at which time. But once you learn how, it really is awesome.

Also your second example of the 870 guy is invalid; he'd drop you even if you had a Red Dot.
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#8darkshadowmasterPosted 9/20/2013 9:42:08 AM
f41lurizer posted...
*acog appears*

Next life:
*sees enemy at range*
*has to switch to acog*
*starts shooting*
*repeat step 1*

This is why I actually like it.

I've gunned down multiple people close range with the RDS & switched to the ACOG while still firing to gun down people from range trying to pick stragglers off. I have no issue at all strafing + firing + changing scopes all at the same time.

However, I only seem to be able to do this consistently with the FAL
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.