After playing 2 hours straight of BF 4 Beta, Black Ops 2 is even more enjoyable.

#1DeathChaos25Posted 10/6/2013 5:31:03 PM
Seriously, my friends have always told me how "Battlefield S***s on CoD" and that kind of stuff, so with the Beta of Battlefield 4 out, I decided to give it a try.

But after 2 hours, this left me with mixed feelings, so much that I don't know whether it's the worst best FPS experience, or the best worst FPS experience,

Firstly, I know it's a beta, but the amount of bugs I encountered was just plain BS.

Draw distance problems, graphical glitches, going through floors and walls, dying and my body flying of to God knows where preventing my squad mate from using his defib, My Xbox crashing 7 out of 10 times whenever I went near the A flag in Conquest, etc.

These were just the beggining.

The Gameplay felt kinda slow compared to CoD, even on Domination where the Map is considerably smaller.

It took me around a whooping 30 to 45 seconds just to get to the middle of the map, to kill one dude, wait 15 seconds for one of his teammates to show up in a Helicopter to kill me, and 50 more to get from one side of the map to the other.

I know maps are supposed to be big, but for the amount of people on the consoles, I think their too big and make everything too slow paced.

Most I saw in a match (which all last around a whooping 18 to 20 minutes) was one dude go 15 -7, and even THAT seems too low.

The only thing I enjoyed about the Beta was either Driving the vehicles, messing around with my friends in said Vehicles, and the Hit Detection, which is 10x better than BO2's non-existant one, but it didn't really matter anyways.

After around the 10th freeze for trying to get A flag, I just said "F*** this S***" and just went back to playing BO2, and I've never though I'd be so happy to see a 2 bar lobby, at least there I could go 26 - 8 and stuff, and could shoot at people in less than 15 seconds.

Tl;DR People say Battlefield is better, I tried out the Beta of 4, had a horrible experience, and now I appreciate Black Ops 2 way more than I initially did.

More Lazy TL;DR 80/80
/BlogFaqs
---
Xbox live & PSN - DeathChaos25
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b97a07f0f28c3675dd
#2bloodreignnPosted 10/6/2013 5:36:40 PM
I feel ya. I've died on the beta because the enemies' bodies didn't load in time, so I couldn't see them. And the AK12 is stupidly OP.
---
Gamertag - xbloodreignn
#3fatclemenzaPosted 10/6/2013 5:38:43 PM(edited)
First, you're playing a Beta, i.e. an old version of the game for you to test and find bugs they might have missed, or maybe even already fixed in the launch version. Its not a demo, and its not going to be anywhere near perfect.

Second, BF isn't CoD (at least it wasn't before BF3). Its not going to play the same way as Nuketown 24/7.

Third, you're not only playing BF on consoles, but on 8 year old consoles with hardware that can barely run the Beta, let alone the full game. BF is a PC franchise. Its never been as good on consoles, and probably never will be.

tl;dr you don't know what you're talking about and you should quit
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#4slaveanselmoPosted 10/6/2013 5:39:21 PM
Its more like an Alpha than a Beta on console.

Way to base how good a series is off a beta that shouldn't even bother being released on current gen..
---
I don't have anything witty to put here.. check back later..
#5kushahilicPosted 10/6/2013 5:40:07 PM
DeathChaos25 posted...
Seriously, my friends have always told me how "Battlefield S***s on CoD" and that kind of stuff, so with the Beta of Battlefield 4 out, I decided to give it a try.

But after 2 hours, this left me with mixed feelings, so much that I don't know whether it's the worst best FPS experience, or the best worst FPS experience,

Firstly, I know it's a beta, but the amount of bugs I encountered was just plain BS.

Draw distance problems, graphical glitches, going through floors and walls, dying and my body flying of to God knows where preventing my squad mate from using his defib, My Xbox crashing 7 out of 10 times whenever I went near the A flag in Conquest, etc.

These were just the beggining.

The Gameplay felt kinda slow compared to CoD, even on Domination where the Map is considerably smaller.

It took me around a whooping 30 to 45 seconds just to get to the middle of the map, to kill one dude, wait 15 seconds for one of his teammates to show up in a Helicopter to kill me, and 50 more to get from one side of the map to the other.

I know maps are supposed to be big, but for the amount of people on the consoles, I think their too big and make everything too slow paced.

Most I saw in a match (which all last around a whooping 18 to 20 minutes) was one dude go 15 -7, and even THAT seems too low.

The only thing I enjoyed about the Beta was either Driving the vehicles, messing around with my friends in said Vehicles, and the Hit Detection, which is 10x better than BO2's non-existant one, but it didn't really matter anyways.

After around the 10th freeze for trying to get A flag, I just said "F*** this S***" and just went back to playing BO2, and I've never though I'd be so happy to see a 2 bar lobby, at least there I could go 26 - 8 and stuff, and could shoot at people in less than 15 seconds.

Tl;DR People say Battlefield is better, I tried out the Beta of 4, had a horrible experience, and now I appreciate Black Ops 2 way more than I initially did.

More Lazy TL;DR 80/80
/BlogFaqs

The fact that your complaining about it being slower paced makes no sense...you should have already know it was going to be like that. The bugs are bad but it's a beta and had you played the bf3 beta you would have expected that....bf and cod are drastically different play styles. Different people like to play different ways and that's why you have people who like cod and who like bf
#6DeathChaos25(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 6:04:04 PM
fatclemenza posted...
First, you're playing a Beta, i.e. an old version of the game for you to test and find bugs they might have missed, or maybe even already fixed in the launch version. Its not a demo, and its not going to be anywhere near perfect.

Second, BF isn't CoD (at least it wasn't before BF3). Its not going to play the same way as Nuketown 24/7.

Third, you're not only playing BF on consoles, but on 8 year old consoles with hardware that can barely run the Beta, let alone the full game. BF is a PC franchise. Its never been as good on consoles, and probably never will be.

tl;dr you don't know what you're talking about and you should quit

Well pardon me for trying out something that isn't CoD and having an opinion bout it, and I know what a Beta is supposed to accomplish, but I never expected it to have such an insane amount of bugs.

kushahilic posted...
The fact that your complaining about it being slower paced makes no sense...you should have already know it was going to be like that. The bugs are bad but it's a beta and had you played the bf3 beta you would have expected that....bf and cod are drastically different play styles. Different people like to play different ways and that's why you have people who like cod and who like bf

I knew Battlefield would be much slower paced, but I never expected it to go at a Snail's pace, most kills I saw in one match was 16, and that was 18 minute's worth of Play Time.

I haven't given up on Battlefield though, but I HAVE given up on the Console Version at least, guess I should follow fatclemenza's advice and play it on PC, maybe there things'll be better, considering there should be more people, and my PC is not too shabby.
---
#7fatclemenzaPosted 10/6/2013 6:08:18 PM
and I know what a Beta is supposed to accomplish, but I never expected it to have such an insane amount of bugs.

the stuff after the comma contradicts what is before it
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#8supercoolisaacPosted 10/6/2013 6:11:36 PM
seriously
---
Lerth: I'm righty and fatclemenza is on lefty duty when it comes to supercoolisaac's bathroom breaks. Clem: Together we are the triforce of circlejerk.
#9Roach_ManPosted 10/6/2013 6:15:13 PM
*Beginning
*They're
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6123995648/hAFD64AB9/
http://i.imgur.com/QQopgNl.gif
#10DeathChaos25(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 6:21:12 PM
fatclemenza posted...
and I know what a Beta is supposed to accomplish, but I never expected it to have such an insane amount of bugs.

the stuff after the comma contradicts what is before it

And I meant what I said.

Not that hard to understand.

supercoolisaac posted...
seriously

?
---