>Starts up Black Ops 2

#21darkshadowmasterPosted 10/11/2013 7:00:43 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
That feel when kids don't realize Ghosts has dedicated servers, try to DDOS it, and get an angry letter from the company/companys lawyers.

People get DDOS'd from in league all the time and it's dedicated servers.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#22Andrew_RyannPosted 10/11/2013 9:34:14 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
That feel when kids don't realize Ghosts has dedicated servers, try to DDOS it, and get an angry letter from the company/companys lawyers.

If they're true dedicated servers, then what information do the clients have to pass directly to each other? It should all go in/out of the server; all you should be able to see is the servers IP. I'm going to assume that some remnant of the P2P garbage is still running in the background because once again Treyarch fails at anything involving technical expertise. I have more faith in IW/Microsoft cloud to get it right.
#23darkshadowmasterPosted 10/11/2013 10:10:56 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

If they're true dedicated servers, then what information do the clients have to pass directly to each other? It should all go in/out of the server; all you should be able to see is the servers IP. I'm going to assume that some remnant of the P2P garbage is still running in the background because once again Treyarch fails at anything involving technical expertise. I have more faith in IW/Microsoft cloud to get it right.

That's what I figured as well, however if you open C&A you can see everyones IP. You can determine who's on what team by how your team will have a higher packet count due to VOIP.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#24JohnWall32Posted 10/11/2013 1:35:11 PM
Next time mute him and learn to shut your own mouth.
#25gdogghenriksonPosted 10/11/2013 3:24:39 PM
Andrew_Ryann posted...

LOL @ thinking dedicated servers = no more DOS'ing
#26Glenn The GreatPosted 10/11/2013 5:22:51 PM
Reminds me of bridging in Halo 2.
---
gt: Raknizzle
PSN: Tubascaba
#27BALLGAMEDPosted 10/11/2013 10:21:43 PM
There's many free simple DDoS programs (or at least there were).

Get a list of highly anonymous high speed proxies, the program will log into them all or just keep cycling through them at high speeds sending or requesting whatever size packets you want.

I'm talking this was way back though, back when some of these simple programs only allowed something like 32000 lines to be entered into them. Anything higher than that and it would just crash the program.

Once the proxies were logged in, it didn't matter what your up/down speed was since it matters how fast the connections are from those proxies. The program would just tell that proxy to 'go' and send or request it's information from whatever IP/server was entered. It's stupidly easy to do honestly.

I mean, you can do it right from your browser if you know how to enter proxies for security purposes.
http://spys.ru/en/anonymous-proxy-list/

Use one of them, check it against whatsmyip.com . Basically looks like everything you're doing comes off of that IP address instead of your own.

You can also go right into your internet settings on your computer and have it logged in through a proxy so everything you do just gets mirrored off another IP, but done on your computer.

I've got a ton of saved files from VB6 and C++ that I can just toss into already existing programs that were made (script kiddie stuff haha) and do all sorts of cool things :).

Hell, there used to be something where you could just send a request to a computer to calculate infinity or do something (I forget what) to 2^32 and it would just crash since it couldn't handle a number that high for a specific protocol lol.

TL;DR
---
B A L L G A M E D
GG Treyarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI