Why does nobody like Select Fire on automatic weapons?

#1scottsadisticPosted 10/15/2013 2:31:25 PM
Seriously I don't get it. Besides people not wanting to take the time to try it. I use it quite often and I get long range kills like you wouldn't believe. Not to mention it controls more. I'm not saying it's super good but I don't see why people think it's so terrible. It really helps on the scar with the crazy recoil it has. The two round burst on the AN destroys snipers.

I really wish I could put it on the HAMR.
---
XBL GT: Hostile SAT COM
If you are better then me, you are a hacker. If you are worse then me, you are a noob.
#2fatclemenzaPosted 10/15/2013 2:35:57 PM
because
-you can manually burst and accomplish the same thing
-there's other attachments with much more tangible benefits
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#3J_MycPosted 10/15/2013 2:35:58 PM
Probably because you can just burst fire yourself without the need of wasting an attachment? At least that's why I don't, plus I like the freedom of being able to just fully fire at times when you need to
---
Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
#4SnickleseedPosted 10/15/2013 2:36:09 PM
because I can do the same thing myself by tapping the trigger? Which is what you'd be doing with SF on anyway
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#5Kyondre6Posted 10/15/2013 2:38:18 PM
fatclemenza posted...

-there's other attachments with much more tangible benefits

mostly this
only auto i'd ever use SF on is the AN94 if I had just started to use it.
---
weezhead posted...
i believe the single slug shotty(name slips my mind) is op because it ohk from way too far away. ohk distance is as far as 4hit ar distance
#6supercoolisaacPosted 10/15/2013 2:38:57 PM
if the centerspeed boost was higher i'd probably use it more.
---
Tetsuo Season
#7f41lurizerPosted 10/15/2013 2:39:38 PM
You use select fire with rapid fire on the scorpion

anyways, it's because you can do the same exact thing with your finger.
Plus, you can spray if you decide to in a close quarters fight without having to switch the switching thingy
---
My 1st double swarm nuclear http://youtu.be/PJzX2zWbWk0 gt: f41lurizer
the knifes in this game are coated in a very potent poison called bull **** - thebest99
#8darkshadowmasterPosted 10/15/2013 2:51:17 PM
Because I can make a weapon burst fire myself which frees me up a slot for something that's actually useful.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#9scottsadistic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 2:56:06 PM
True that you can do it manually. But you won't get three rounds off each time. That's what I want. A definitive burst each time. Plus on most ARs you can trigger finger it enough to where the bursts fire in succession as though it were an automatic. But it also gives you much more control. And F41l, that's just what I use for my rush game. I use ARs with it usually.
---
XBL GT: Hostile SAT COM
If you are better then me, you are a hacker. If you are worse then me, you are a noob.
#10HamJabroniPosted 10/15/2013 3:13:40 PM
scottsadistic posted...
True that you can do it manually. But you won't get three rounds off each time. That's what I want. A definitive burst each time. Plus on most ARs you can trigger finger it enough to where the bursts fire in succession as though it were an automatic. But it also gives you much more control. And F41l, that's just what I use for my rush game. I use ARs with it usually.

-Or I can burst manually and not be restricted to a certain number of bullets a burst.
-I can control the recoil too so that's another reason not to use SF
-If you're just going to spam the trigger that it's almost full auto, why no just remove it and use it full auto?
-Again, just control the recoil
-Most ARs except the Scar and T25 have easy to control recoil
---
Here at SniperCo. we aim to please.
Because we sure as Hell can't aim to hit. -WorstSniperEver.