CoD: A bad influence on gaming?

#1Ace_of_DuskPosted 10/19/2013 6:11:47 PM
Do you think CoD has set a bad standard for gaming? - Results (111 votes)
Definitely, CoD has set a standard to where if something doesn't play like CoD people won't buy it because it's new.
31.53% (35 votes)
Yes
14.41% (16 votes)
Kind of
15.32% (17 votes)
Not really
31.53% (35 votes)
No, I think CoD is amazing and innovative with something new each game.
7.21% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
**PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS TOPIC A BATTLE OF OPNIONS!**

[Post your thoughts and opinions if you have more to say about the topic, but respect each other's perspectives. I want this to be a clean and simple poll, nothing fan boy influenced and close minded when commenting on other users comments.]

Now personally, I think CoD started to fall after Black Ops. I enjoyed it up until people started calling themselves gamers for playing CoD once in awhile.

However, I'm asking if you think CoD has made gamers feel like they don't have the patience to want and play something new and innovative like Brothers in Arms.

Or

Do you believe CoD has just been something to play with neutral grounds with no influence on gaming.
---
"MAN I LOVE THE CORPS!"- Sgt. Apone
Xbox Live GT: Ace of Dusk
#2SnickleseedPosted 10/19/2013 6:15:47 PM
Yes, because so many other games try to copy elements from CoD and end up being complete disasters. Halo 4 and Gears of War Judgment are a couple that come to mind
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#3TecmoB0Posted 10/19/2013 6:16:58 PM(edited)
I don't mind someone basically having such a huge influence on the genre. I have a huge problem when the one with the influence is continually releasing a s*** product that spreads itself incredibly thin with a hard on for casuals.
---
Smite ign iDefy
#4FeelMyBladePosted 10/19/2013 6:26:33 PM
No, not really.

Bad gamers is the bad influence on gaming.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Currently Playing: Blops 2, GTAV Online.
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-45
#5majorgalaxyPosted 10/19/2013 6:40:33 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
No, not really.

---
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." - Geroge Orwell
GT:MayorofEarth2
#6f41lurizerPosted 10/19/2013 6:50:30 PM
majorgalaxy posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...
No, not really.

---
My 1st double swarm nuclear http://youtu.be/PJzX2zWbWk0 gt: f41lurizer
the knifes in this game are coated in a very potent poison called bull **** - thebest99
#7metalclashPosted 10/19/2013 7:29:18 PM
Snickleseed posted...
Yes, because so many other games try to copy elements from CoD and end up being complete disasters. Halo 4 and Gears of War Judgment are a couple that come to mind

I voted before reading, I voted kind of and I would have said yes had I read this first.

I almost forgot how CoD completely ruined Halo 4. It's sad, but Halo 3 has more people playing it right now than Halo 4 does. Sure, Halo 3 was just made free but still that's pathetic
---
Anyone else here from Jersey and goes airsofting?
#8spamhairPosted 10/19/2013 9:23:51 PM
I don't think it's a bad influence, but it's not a good influence, either. I think people should chill out on FPS's for a while, until someone comes up with something that actually makes the FPS special.
---
"Hayters gonna hayte," said in response to David Hayter not voicing Snake in MGSV.
#9irishman5705Posted 10/19/2013 10:25:45 PM
metalclash posted...
Snickleseed posted...

I voted before reading, I voted kind of and I would have said yes had I read this first.

I almost forgot how CoD completely ruined Halo 4. It's sad, but Halo 3 has more people playing it right now than Halo 4 does. Sure, Halo 3 was just made free but still that's pathetic

Even before it was free it had a substantially higher population. CoD's massive success has been nothing but a burden to the FPS genre. We now have a glut of "gritty, realistic modern shooters" without one original thought in them, and the formerly great franchises have to pick up traits from CoD in hopes to sell to the masses of casuals.

In short, CoD is a cancer on gaming, and I'd have loved to see what shooters would be today if CoD4 had been a failure.
---
GT: Irish H2
"Oh, my bad, I was high on gamefaqs again" - Oblivion
#10Crafter76Posted 10/20/2013 12:45:27 AM
CoD is perfectly fine. People who take the game too seriously (i.e. How Vahn got death threats over Sniper nerfs) need to quit playing.
---
I forget my passwords a lot. I'm sure it'll happen to this account as well.
GT : xbloodreignn