How is sound whoring fun?

#1ZephyrSSXPosted 10/22/2013 10:15:12 AM
You literally sit around a corner until you hear a guy and then pop out and shoot him.

I have tried my hardest to see the entertainment value and I'm making out like Stevie Wonder.

It's far more fun to actually, you know... play the game. Move around, out play people, etc. Sound whoring is seriously for bads.
---
How is pulling over and drinking my own piss a hazard to other people? I'm not sure you're totally on the same page as the rest of us. - Mr Sasquatch
#2NaTesHoTPosted 10/22/2013 10:22:33 AM
You can sound whore and move...
#3gwetmore2345Posted 10/22/2013 10:26:54 AM
I would have to agree with OP. Sitrep Pro completely ruined SnD in MW3 for me personally. Thankfully Awareness is as powerful in BO2 but still pretty annoying when you have folks using it. In my opinion there should be a counter to every perk in the game, and a perk like Sitrep/Awareness essentially makes Dead Silence useless. I'm hoping for the best in Ghosts regarding Sitrep/Dead Silence.
#4gwetmore2345Posted 10/22/2013 10:27:54 AM
gwetmore2345 posted...
Thankfully Awareness ISN'T as powerful in BO2 but still pretty annoying when you have folks using it.

Fixed
#5darkshadowmasterPosted 10/22/2013 12:35:51 PM(edited)
NaTesHoT posted...
You can sound whore and move...

This is why I loved sound whoring.
In MW3 I was Jaws hunting his prey.

*Realized I'll probably be hated on for liking MW3 footsteps*
I also thought the loudness of them on MW3 was overkill when I could tell where you were from your footsteps damn near on the opposite side of the map. However BO2 they were almost non-existent. Sometimes they worked, but most of the time they didn't. I would be content with the volume of footsteps on BO2 if they were CONSISTENT rather than one minute you could here someone running behind you with explosions going off and the next you would be knifed from someone that just ran full sprint on a metal bridge while you had on awareness & they weren't using dead silence but yet made absolutely no noises.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#6ih0tfireiPosted 10/22/2013 12:41:08 PM
gwetmore2345 posted...
I would have to agree with OP. Sitrep Pro completely ruined SnD in MW3 for me personally. Thankfully Awareness is as powerful in BO2 but still pretty annoying when you have folks using it. In my opinion there should be a counter to every perk in the game, and a perk like Sitrep/Awareness essentially makes Dead Silence useless. I'm hoping for the best in Ghosts regarding Sitrep/Dead Silence.

That's because sit rep pro had no counter. If dead silence actual countered it, there is no issue. Cod 4, MW2 and the first black ops had good footsteps. Although blops had some terrain audio issues where footsteps became inconsistent.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
NNID - Hotfire
#7AlexanaxelaPosted 10/22/2013 1:01:54 PM(edited)
gwetmore2345 posted...
In my opinion there should be a counter to every perk in the game

that sounds terrible. A perk to make enemies not run as far? A perk to make streaks cost more for the enemies? A perk to make the enemy unable to pick up replenish ammo? Etc? No, every perk doesn't need a counter perk
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#8fatclemenzaPosted 10/22/2013 1:12:15 PM
footsteps are fine, footstep increasing perks are dumb. As long as there's a way to counter being heard, I never saw a problem with it (i.e. pre MW3)
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#9gwetmore2345Posted 10/22/2013 2:00:45 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
gwetmore2345 posted...
In my opinion there should be a counter to every perk in the game

that sounds terrible. A perk to make enemies not run as far? A perk to make streaks cost more for the enemies? A perk to make the enemy unable to pick up replenish ammo? Etc? No, every perk doesn't need a counter perk

My wording wasn't the best but you clearly knew what I meant, so don't be facetious. There is a counter to most scorestreaks, counter to thermal, MMS, TF sights, counter to EMP grenades, etc. but Sitrep Pro made Dead Silence absolutely useless in MW3.

If the same is true in Ghosts I'll be staying away from public lobbies and focusing more on the Clan v Clan playlist that has MLG rules which will most likely ban Sitrep as it was in MW3.
#10AlexanaxelaPosted 10/22/2013 2:30:49 PM
sounded like you were talking about perks countering perks to me
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.