"HC takes no skill." Question. If it takes no skill do you do better or worse?

#1DepreceV2Posted 10/23/2013 8:46:40 AM(edited)
Better, worse or the same - Results (45 votes)
I do better in Hardcore
40% (18 votes)
I do worse in Hardcore
15.56% (7 votes)
I do the same in Hardcore
44.44% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is something I have always wondered. Everyone says HC takes less skill. I understand why completely because it takes 1-2 bullets to drop someone which = less skill. My question is.. Since it takes less skill do you do worse because people can drop you in one to two bullets which makes it easier for you to die or do you do better because it only takes YOU 1-2 bullets to drop people so you can reposition faster and drop multiple targets at once far easier than you could in core so it makes you better? Or do you do about the same? I'm just curious about this.

BTW, I play the same way and I put up the same numbers from Core to Hardcore. If I would pick I would pick Core simply because I am a little better at it and it is far easier to drop nuclears in Core compared to Hardcore. The only reason I play so much hardcore now is because all my friends switched from Core to Hardcore over time for some odd reason.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2SnickleseedPosted 10/23/2013 8:47:31 AM
I generally do worse because my reaction time sucks
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#3DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 8:51:10 AM
Snickleseed posted...

Yea. I consider my reaction time to be damn near fantastic and that is such a big time influence it is insane. I would even go as far as to say that reaction time is more important than connection in Hardcore.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#4RawringAirPosted 10/23/2013 9:01:45 AM
even if you react first you still die because call of duty
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#5BrostachePosted 10/23/2013 9:06:34 AM
Generally speaking...

If you are a good player, you do worse in hardcore.

If you are a bad player, you do better in hardcore.

I do better in hardcore, simply because its all i play, because all my friends refuse to play core. But if I can talk them into playing a few core matches, they get rinsed while i can still hold mine own since i have pretty good aim, and they have lousy aim.
#6BrostachePosted 10/23/2013 9:13:15 AM
DepreceV2 posted...
Snickleseed posted...

Yea. I consider my reaction time to be damn near fantastic and that is such a big time influence it is insane. I would even go as far as to say that reaction time is more important than connection in Hardcore.

That makes no sense.

If you are on a bad connection, all that does is artificially increase your reaction time. So in a game mode all about reaction time... connection is far more important.

Although i will say, due to the lack of killcams lag based deaths arent nearly as obvious.
#7f41lurizerPosted 10/23/2013 10:03:28 AM
I can do better in hardcore but it really depends more on having competent teammates because idiots running into target finders will quickly be obliterated. In core, you get little things like killcams that help you determine how you are dying and from where. In hardcore, you can die 5 times to a target finder camper with coldblooded before you figure out where he is.

I like hardcore a lot though...
---
My 1stnuclear http://youtu.be/PJzX2zWbWk0 gt: f41lurizer
Get a Q-Troller with custom trigger stops and hair triggers today! vid: http://youtu.be/kBsyFVFXxDg
#8cifer520Posted 10/23/2013 11:09:05 AM
I put up all star numbers in HC but in core I'm just one of those 25 - 8 guys most of the time.
#9X97WizardPosted 10/23/2013 11:25:07 AM
I do better because I don't move, anyway. LMG + Target Finder all day every day.
---
GT - xbloodreignn
#10flame030191Posted 10/23/2013 11:31:46 AM
I do better because it's all I've played on BOps2 for the most part. I'm much more used to popping a few rounds into the enemy and frequently using the start screen to locate enemies.

I play it because it's much more fun and intense than Core. If you get spotted, you're likely dead. If you run out of ammo, better hope that weapon has some decent attachments and a decent amount of ammo. If you're hurt, better find a way to live with it because you're not healing. It seriously a test of reaction time and who is best with their set ups rather than spray and pray then duck and heal like in Core.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame Wii U: That_Guy_Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.