#151RawringAirPosted 1/29/2014 5:03:12 AM
why is this topic alive
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#152LivingInPapayaPosted 1/29/2014 5:08:35 AM
RawringAir posted...
why is this topic alive
he says, bumping it to the top of the board.
---
You paid for your whole seat... but you'll only need the EDGE.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#153f3rtilizerPosted 1/29/2014 5:35:20 AM
LivingInPapaya posted...
RawringAir posted...
why is this topic alive
he says, bumping it to the top of the board.

To get in the spirit, to 500!
---
People are so jaded by anonymity they sometimes forget that even they are an actual person. --deuric
Broken Play/Charge kit? Try: http://tinyurl.com/jw7hsdo
#154Silver17Posted 1/29/2014 8:25:22 PM
RawringAir posted...
why is this topic alive

Why not... ;)
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
#155Silver17Posted 1/29/2014 8:35:52 PM
LivingInPapaya posted...
Silver17 posted...
With the exception of my S&D class slot, Scavenger is the "only" perk that I have on each and every class (including the CAC pack) in the game.

Funny. I never ever use a class without Flak Jacket, Toughness and Tactical Mask.

I got some friends that ask me to play HC from time to time, so toughness in that instance is never used.

FJ are TM both important, but if nobody is using lethals/tacticals then I'll switch over to Ghost/HL and Dexterity.

Sometimes even Dead Silence just so my muppet mouth soldier doesn't randomly yell "EMEMY!.... WITH WEAPON!" while I'm flanking with a teammate...
---
#156Silver17Posted 1/29/2014 8:42:06 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Silver17 posted...

With the exception of my S&D class slot, Scavenger is the "only" perk that I have on each and every class (including the CAC pack) in the game.

^ It's worth it just for the BB refill kills alone.

Anywhoo..

Just curious, what are you sacrificing scavenger for?...

Toughness, Primary Gunfighter. Basically protection perks or perks that enhances your gameplay.

I don't really find Scavenger that useful. Unless, if on average (per life), you happened to use more ammo than you start out with. That means, every time you die before the amount of starting ammo is used up, will make scavenger a wasted perk. I can probably get 5 to 10 kills (depending on how things go) before using up all the initial ammo for the M8. Probably more with the SWAT. I just don't see myself averaging a 5+ kdr.

And it depends on who you play against. If you play against more competitive players, I wouldn't expect myself to use up all the initial ammo to make it worth investing in Scavenger.

With the exception of an equipment/explosives/crossbow class, or if you plan on going for very long gun-streak. That is when I believe Scavenger does become very useful.

Just my own personal preference though.

If you're going for dat nuke, you're gonna wanna have that peace of mind without scrambling for guns on the ground. Silenced weapons for nukes helps a lot, and once again you're at the mercy of what somebody else is using...

(Along with the Bouncing Betties and shock charges being refilled which we already discussed)
---
#157FeelMyBladePosted 1/30/2014 9:33:15 PM
Silver17 posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...
Silver17 posted...

^ It's worth it just for the BB refill kills alone.

Anywhoo..

Just curious, what are you sacrificing scavenger for?...

Toughness, Primary Gunfighter. Basically protection perks or perks that enhances your gameplay.

I don't really find Scavenger that useful. Unless, if on average (per life), you happened to use more ammo than you start out with. That means, every time you die before the amount of starting ammo is used up, will make scavenger a wasted perk. I can probably get 5 to 10 kills (depending on how things go) before using up all the initial ammo for the M8. Probably more with the SWAT. I just don't see myself averaging a 5+ kdr.

And it depends on who you play against. If you play against more competitive players, I wouldn't expect myself to use up all the initial ammo to make it worth investing in Scavenger.

With the exception of an equipment/explosives/crossbow class, or if you plan on going for very long gun-streak. That is when I believe Scavenger does become very useful.

Just my own personal preference though.

If you're going for dat nuke, you're gonna wanna have that peace of mind without scrambling for guns on the ground. Silenced weapons for nukes helps a lot, and once again you're at the mercy of what somebody else is using...

(Along with the Bouncing Betties and shock charges being refilled which we already discussed)

Might as well go for it.

I don't really use all my 10 custom classes every day.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Call of Duty Master Race!
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs: 48
#158FeelMyBladePosted 2/1/2014 7:38:46 PM
Hardwire might as well be an important perk now that there are more people spamming emps.

I am still debating on whether to invest in a wildcard + hardwire, or two emp grenades to spam back back at them.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Call of Duty Master Race!
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs: 48
#159f3rtilizerPosted 2/1/2014 8:32:43 PM
I used to be of the church of scavenger on every class. If you aren't too confident in your gunskill and ability to adapt and maneuver the maps, it's a must have perk. You want to keep your gun that you are comfortable with, and fight at the range your gun will do the best with.

If you take off scavenger for something like perk 3 greed, so you have p1g and p3g + toughness, you can have the two best perk loadouts in the game (lightweight flak toughness dex tac mask) in one class. Then your starting weapon will get you on a streak, where you can pick up other weapons at your leisure, but your perks are what carry you.

Now my most used classes usually don't have scavenger. If you are doing something where you NEED your gun, and only your gun (ie nuked out), then it makes perfect sense to run scavenger.
---
People are so jaded by anonymity they sometimes forget that even they are an actual person. --deuric
Broken Play/Charge kit? Try: http://tinyurl.com/jw7hsdo
#160Silver17Posted 2/2/2014 10:54:21 AM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Hardwire might as well be an important perk now that there are more people spamming emps.

I am still debating on whether to invest in a wildcard + hardwire, or two emp grenades to spam back back at them.

Nobody really uses emps that much in FFA.

Just setup one class with Hard Wired if you need it.

Use Toughness + Scavenger, and (well just use the class that I had in my "NO thread" - since IMO the best setup for it) if somebody starts spamming EMPs, then switch over to HW.

Keep finding the emp spamming troll the rest of the match, and go medieval on dat ass. Sometimes they will rage quit if they die too much, and if they don't find a new FFA lobby afterwards.

Rinse, Wash, & Repeat... :)
---