Do you need the DLC to play with a friend who has it?

#1rotativesPosted 11/7/2013 4:03:34 PM
Just wondering. I know for MW3 if someone in your party didn't have the DLC, it would be automatically disabled. I have all of the map packs and I haven't found a way to disable it - my friend wants to get this game to play with me but they aren't going to bother if they have to buy the maps.
#2Jumpman_8891Posted 11/7/2013 4:21:56 PM
It'll simply search for the maps that shipped with the game, so you'd be fine.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#3FeelMyBladePosted 11/7/2013 9:16:00 PM
No, you don't need the DLC to play with friends that have it.

The game will just search for maps that all of the players in the party has.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Currently Playing: Blops 2, GTAV Online.
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-45
#4drasTIC_TACticsPosted 11/8/2013 2:25:03 PM
that's what it always said, but recently i've been playing in a party where me and one other person have all the dlc, while a couple of others didn't and it still gave us dlc maps. when that happens, the non-dlc friends get kicked when the match starts. we learned to back out after the first two times, but i still think it was dumb that happened
#5ChromicPosted 11/9/2013 1:46:27 PM
drasTIC_TACtics posted...
that's what it always said, but recently i've been playing in a party where me and one other person have all the dlc, while a couple of others didn't and it still gave us dlc maps. when that happens, the non-dlc friends get kicked when the match starts. we learned to back out after the first two times, but i still think it was dumb that happened

This happened to me when Vengeance came out. I would get kicked out when the match starts.