Do you need the DLC to play with a friend who has it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Do you need the DLC to play with a friend who has it?
3 years ago#1
Just wondering. I know for MW3 if someone in your party didn't have the DLC, it would be automatically disabled. I have all of the map packs and I haven't found a way to disable it - my friend wants to get this game to play with me but they aren't going to bother if they have to buy the maps.
3 years ago#2
It'll simply search for the maps that shipped with the game, so you'd be fine.
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
3 years ago#3
No, you don't need the DLC to play with friends that have it.

The game will just search for maps that all of the players in the party has.
Best CoD4 player here. Currently Playing: Blops 2, GTAV Online.
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-45
3 years ago#4
that's what it always said, but recently i've been playing in a party where me and one other person have all the dlc, while a couple of others didn't and it still gave us dlc maps. when that happens, the non-dlc friends get kicked when the match starts. we learned to back out after the first two times, but i still think it was dumb that happened
3 years ago#5
drasTIC_TACtics posted...
that's what it always said, but recently i've been playing in a party where me and one other person have all the dlc, while a couple of others didn't and it still gave us dlc maps. when that happens, the non-dlc friends get kicked when the match starts. we learned to back out after the first two times, but i still think it was dumb that happened

This happened to me when Vengeance came out. I would get kicked out when the match starts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Do you need the DLC to play with a friend who has it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived