Ok this game is starting to get unbearable...

#1sbn4Posted 11/30/2013 1:53:18 AM
I am still relatively new to this game, so I'm asking here before I make a rash decision to quit. There are many things in this game that I like. But the lag is absolutely killing me here.

I heard people say snipers and shotguns are ridiculous in this game and that ARs and SMGs aren't really viable with the connections. Its seems like its true. I've had many instances where I get 4-5 hitmarkers, then I die instantly (even to ARs). There are times when I can't even do anything at all. I'm dead before I can't even pull up my gun. Many times I start out 0-7. I'm an above average CoD player so I'm not awful or anything. Hell, I had an instance where I snuck up on a guy, fired 4 shots with the KSG, didn't get so much as a hitmarker, he turned and dropped me in under a second. If its not that, I feel there are many times where I can't even get a rhythm going. I kill one or two guys, and some guy in my blind spot comes out of nowhere and kills me. This happens very often. In the original Black Ops I can get blackbirds fairly consistently without camping.

I upgraded my connection, so that shouldn't be the issue. Does this game have lag compensation? Because I really want to like this game. As I said, I enjoy several things about this game. Is there anything I can do to enjoy my experience more?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2FeelMyBladePosted 11/30/2013 5:18:25 AM
When searching for a public game, you can press X to select the search preference.

Set it to best. I had no problems with connections after that.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Currently Playing: Blops 2, GTAV Online, Pokemon Y.
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-45
#3fatclemenzaPosted 11/30/2013 8:11:43 AM
I heard people say snipers and shotguns are ridiculous in this game and that ARs and SMGs aren't really viable with the connections.

lol.

And the KSG isn't much of a beginner weapon. Stick with SMGs and Stock ARs. I can suggest some classes if you'd like.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#4sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 10:09:23 AM
I will try the connection thing next time I'm online. Thanks.

The thing is, I like shotguns. While people say the Remington is overpowered, I find it really inconsistent. I like the KSG so far, but it seems like the shots just disappear after 5 feet.

And suggest away. Been pretty much using the Vector (the 50 round SMG), type 25, LSAT, and the KSG.
---
#5fatclemenzaPosted 11/30/2013 2:57:48 PM
As much as I hate giving life to another 870 that knows what they're doing...

R870 w/ Laser + Long Barrel
Lightweight + Flak Jacket
Dexterity + Tac Mask
10th point to either an EMP or a sidearm. I use an EMP just because its a good way to break setups (i.e. any house in Standoff).

With the 870, you should ADS whenever you can to extend the OSK range, but the Laser lets you hipfire much further than normal, which is how a shotgun is optimally used. Having to ADS makes your TTK slower.

For subs, the best ones are the MSMC, Skorpion and MP7.

MSMC w/ any 2 attachments. I've used everything on it and the best for me are Long Barrel + Quickdraw
Lightweight + Flak Jacket
Toughness
Dexterity + Tac Mask

Looks a lot like the 870, but with Toughness. Never go without this perk unless you're using the 870. I don't run anything higher than VSAT, so the starting ammo is more than enough for me.

If you want to use an MP7 or Skorpion, just drop Flak or Tac Mask for Scavenger. On the Skorpion I would devote one attachment to Extended/Fast Mags, and the other to Quickdraw or Laser. On the MP7, I go Laser + Quickdraw for the most flexibility.

ARs are slightly different. They aren't worth much without Adjustable Stock since this game doesn't have as many long-range engagements as older CoDs. All of my ARs run Reflex and Stock, some with Quickdraw as well. All of them have Toughness. This leaves you with 4 (or 6 without QD) points to do whatever you want with. The FAL, M8 and AN-94 are the best ARs. So a few example classes I use are:

M8 w/ Stock + Reflex
Flak Jacket
Toughness + Scavenger
Tac Mask/Dexterity

FAL w/ Stock + Reflex + Quickdraw
Flak Jacket
Toughness
Dexterity + Tac Mask

I think I have alternate classes with Lightweight over Flak or Tac for lobbies with players that go light on equipment.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#6f3rtilizerPosted 11/30/2013 3:34:08 PM
^thanks clem another tryhard
---
Too much fertilizer is no good for plants. Too much f3rtilizer is no good for gamefaqs. I will keep this in mind as I post more moderately from now on. :)
#7sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:18:07 PM
Thanks clemenza. But ever since CoD4 I have been a huge ex con fanboy. I think I have some variation of it on all classes ever since CoD4.

But the 870 seems like garbage. Maybe I'm using it wrong. I've tried ADS and hipfire. Sometimes this thing destroys and other times, my shots just dissipate after like 5 feet. Then I have an ADS kill with the KSG that seemed like 20 feet away. Then I don't even get hitmarkers point blank. I'm just really confused. The shotguns seems really inconsistent here.

But is toughness that important? I mean, will I be losing gun battles without it or something? I find the perks that are in tier 1 and 3 to be the most important. I generally run flak jacket/hardline/lightweight and ex con and engineer respectively. There is far too much crap like shock charges, bouncing bettys, sentries all over the place. I find engineer to be really useful.

I also did change my preferences to best. I have noticed some improvement, but there are still issues. I've been way more successful in games, but I wish I would stop getting Hijacked or Nuketown all the damn time. Spawns on those maps kind of suck.
---
#8ChromicPosted 11/30/2013 11:49:07 PM
Are you using wired or wireless? I personally find wireless makes the game lag too much, so I dug up my Ethernet Cord from my Cord box, plugged it in and connections are perfect.
---
Xbox GTs - xbloodreignn
DogeSwaf69 (Swaf is an inside joke)
#9FeelMyBladePosted 12/1/2013 1:12:13 AM
Toughness and tac mask are pretty cruicial. Same with Flak Jacket.

Engineer has it's uses sometimes, but IMO it isn't as helpful as Tac Mask.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Currently Playing: Blops 2, GTAV Online, Pokemon Y.
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-45
#10sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 3:02:22 AM
I'm seeing the uses of Tac Mask. I run right through shock charges which is awesome. I find flak jacket, tac mask, and ex con are mandatory for me. I'll take your guy's word and keep using toughness. I don't notice much of a difference without it. I really like the class building in this game. Its pretty interesting.

I'll try to use a wired connection next time I play, thank you. But I had a pretty rough experience just now. I tried several lobbies and I wasn't having much luck. Some of the issues in this game are becoming more frequent. Target Finder is the ultimate cheese attachment. No idea why they thought this was a good idea. Snipers/shotguns are getting more annoying as are the spawns. Even with the Remington, my shots don't register sometimes. I constantly get team-mates hiding behind riot shields, claymores, those spinning things (I think its called trophy system), and contributed crap to the team in objective modes.

I personally think this game is in many ways a huge improvement of MW2 and MW3. But these few things really are beginning to hurt the game for me.
---