Ok this game is starting to get unbearable...

#11LivingInPapayaPosted 12/1/2013 7:46:46 AM(edited)
Ghost (or Lightweight)
Flak Jacket
Toughness (unless using Remington)
Dexterity
Tactical Mask

I never leave the cave without them.

Oh, and I'm presuming you know this, but just in case you don't, the KSG doesn't fire buckshot like shotguns always have - it fires a single slug, which in terms of the game engine, is literally a bullet with limited range.

---
You paid for your whole seat... but you'll only need the EDGE.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#12f3rtilizerPosted 12/1/2013 6:25:09 PM
sbn4 posted...
I'm seeing the uses of Tac Mask. I run right through shock charges which is awesome. I find flak jacket, tac mask, and ex con are mandatory for me. I'll take your guy's word and keep using toughness. I don't notice much of a difference without it. I really like the class building in this game. Its pretty interesting.

I'll try to use a wired connection next time I play, thank you. But I had a pretty rough experience just now. I tried several lobbies and I wasn't having much luck. Some of the issues in this game are becoming more frequent. Target Finder is the ultimate cheese attachment. No idea why they thought this was a good idea. Snipers/shotguns are getting more annoying as are the spawns. Even with the Remington, my shots don't register sometimes. I constantly get team-mates hiding behind riot shields, claymores, those spinning things (I think its called trophy system), and contributed crap to the team in objective modes.

I personally think this game is in many ways a huge improvement of MW2 and MW3. But these few things really are beginning to hurt the game for me.

If you haven't noticed the gun flinch, play without toughness for a while. You will notice it. (unless you are playing hardcore).
---
Too much fertilizer is no good for plants. Too much f3rtilizer is no good for gamefaqs. I will keep this in mind as I post more moderately from now on. :)
#13fatclemenzaPosted 12/1/2013 7:26:56 PM
But the 870 seems like garbage. Maybe I'm using it wrong. I've tried ADS and hipfire. Sometimes this thing destroys and other times, my shots just dissipate after like 5 feet. Then I have an ADS kill with the KSG that seemed like 20 feet away. Then I don't even get hitmarkers point blank. I'm just really confused. The shotguns seems really inconsistent here.

But is toughness that important? I mean, will I be losing gun battles without it or something? I find the perks that are in tier 1 and 3 to be the most important. I generally run flak jacket/hardline/lightweight and ex con and engineer respectively. There is far too much crap like shock charges, bouncing bettys, sentries all over the place. I find engineer to be really useful.

This game is very shotgun-friendly. Even though the 870 is statistically worse than most shotguns in previous CoDs, you'll still find yourself in its effective range more often than not. I recall a match on Standoff recently where I got mad and pulled out the 870 after dying to it a few times. I ran back and forth between Kitchen, Kebab, Garden and Bunks (see the link for what I'm talking about http://unofficialcallofduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/map-callouts-bo2-standoff.jpg) and got a Nuclear the first life I took it out with no effort. Granted, these players were likely awful, but it shows how easy it is to play the 870 effectively. Personally, I think Lightweight + Dexterity makes the 870 borderline unfair, but I only pulled it out because the other team was using it.

As far as Toughness, yes, it is necessary because it eliminates a random element from gunfights that you can't control unless you shoot every single opponent in the back, which isn't practical.

Also, a word about Extreme Conditioning. Its almost never worth it except for at the start of matches to get somewhere before the other team. I mentioned this in another topic: Lightweight on its own, versus Extreme Conditioning on its own, cover the same amount of distance in the same amount of time. That means that you get the same benefit from using one or the other when it comes to distance traveled. However, Lightweight works in many other ways. It effects all forms of movement, including ADS strafing, which is a huge advantage in gunfights, as well as eliminating fall damage. ExCon only works when sprinting obviously, which leaves you vulnerable unless you take Dexterity along with it, meaning you can't take Tac Mask. Lightweight is the better perk by far. ExCon is a waste.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#14FeelMyBladePosted 12/1/2013 7:44:18 PM
I used wireless connection for my Xbox and I don't really see much of a difference between wired and wireless.

Wired connection is always better, but it really depends on how good your router is (and your ISP). Most routers these days, don't have that much of a problem with wireless connection strengths, however if your router is pretty old, then it is better to connect wired. But honestly, it doesn't make much of a difference to me.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Currently Playing: Blops 2, GTAV Online, Pokemon Y.
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-45
#15sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 7:58:40 PM
Also, a word about Extreme Conditioning. Its almost never worth it except for at the start of matches to get somewhere before the other team. I mentioned this in another topic: Lightweight on its own, versus Extreme Conditioning on its own, cover the same amount of distance in the same amount of time. That means that you get the same benefit from using one or the other when it comes to distance traveled. However, Lightweight works in many other ways. It effects all forms of movement, including ADS strafing, which is a huge advantage in gunfights, as well as eliminating fall damage. ExCon only works when sprinting obviously, which leaves you vulnerable unless you take Dexterity along with it, meaning you can't take Tac Mask. Lightweight is the better perk by far. ExCon is a waste.

This is good to know. I will definitely give this a try next time. I really like Tac Mask and Dexterity is obviously very useful. But the thing is, I really like flak jacket, but again light weight has its uses. I think I'll have to experiment some more. I notice that half the time I lose track of someone its because they had lightweight. I guess I should fight fire with fire.

I'm also guessing frags aren't as useful as semtex. And are tactical grenades relatively useful here? I haven't had too much of a use for them. I generally use concussion. Haven't tried many of the others.

And as far as my connection goes. I end up getting host about 60% of the time. And my performances vary when I do. I either do amazing, or I do horribly.

I player
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#16epicfailtryhardPosted 12/6/2013 8:55:32 AM
watch drift0r's video (youtube) on toughness. also always use blackhat with engineer. lag compensation? search the topic on here "omg...wow...did you guys read this?"
---
"do you ever think about the other side and who is waiting for you there?"-dawn crosby, the drift
#17f3rtilizerPosted 12/6/2013 4:07:40 PM
fatclemenza posted...
snipppp

I have never seen anybody use those callouts. You watch competitive, have you ever heard any player refer to 'yellow' as 'kebab' or 'top green' as 'top mechanic'?

Also, extreme conditioning is really only helpful in CTF or as an opening class on search if you want to go on the flank(then switch over to a normal class)...
---
GameFAQs user f3rtilizer is a reader of the SPLC-confirmed racist hatesite vdare. Share this in your signature if you oppose racists and those who support them.