Is there any hope

#1AzureXIIIPosted 1/20/2014 7:08:09 AM
Gunfights either result in my immediate death or me being very near it with my clip near-depleted. Forget taking more than two dudes at once - pause - it's impossible. Getting shot around corners, bullets failing to properly register, etc.

Is there any point in attempting to do well consistently with a less than stellar connection, or should I just accept that it's time to quit?
---
PSN: AzureXIII
Guy, the true "hero" of SF-lore.
#2Shaun3DPosted 1/20/2014 7:32:09 AM(edited)
You will never do stellar.. one or two games a week you'll get a god mod connection and actually almost believe you've improved..

Zombies is still fun though.
---
Must.......fill......space.......
#3Shaun3DPosted 1/20/2014 7:34:53 AM
Almost forgot. Wallbanging alot with lmgs seems to help balance things out for me
---
Must.......fill......space.......
#4smashthesmurfsPosted 1/20/2014 9:53:03 AM
Well it depends. Is your connection the problem? I've actually been doing really well the past month going with a 1.6 which is really good for me. But when I used to play on poor internet I'd 3 bar consistently and it's very difficult to do well with that connection. I'd pull out maybe a little under a 1.0 but it's way easier with good internet. But if you're talking about poor connections in games because of other hosts then it's really not that bad. You can do well.
---
GT: papa cashwads
#5sbn4Posted 1/20/2014 12:23:30 PM
Same here. I can never get a consistent streak going like in CoD4 or BO1. My personal favorite it when I get like 4 hitmarkers on someone assuming they died, but they don't because I stop shooting.

Most of my deaths seem like utter BS and I'm getting sick of seeing the SMG character model running around everywhere.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6Silver17Posted 1/21/2014 10:19:38 PM
Warm up with combat training every day that you jump on.

Then play some FFA. Chances are that you will get more 1on1 gunfights.

Eventually when you feel like you've mastered FFA, then move onto TDM...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
#7startedONatariPosted 1/22/2014 11:14:51 AM
Silver17 posted...
Warm up with combat training every day that you jump on.

Then play some FFA. Chances are that you will get more 1on1 gunfights.

Eventually when you feel like you've mastered FFA, then move onto TDM...

ffa is the way to go
#8Jumpman_8891Posted 1/22/2014 6:09:06 PM
I feel this way, but in CoD: Ghosts. Taking multiple people in a row out in Blops 2 is pretty regular for me. Quickdraw helps you a lot, if you haven't tried it, try it. And improving your aim is probably the key thing.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#9epicfailtryhardPosted 1/23/2014 3:43:37 AM
don't listen to the crackheads. the only way to do well in this game is to not move. thereby, you can shoot people that aren't shooting back at you. when this is done...it's like, "wow, my connection is good". connection doesn't matter. the netcode in this game is garbage.

seriously, search for the topic "omg...wow...did you read this?". all you need to know.
---
"there's a devil laying by your side. you might think he's asleep but you'd better take a look at his eyes."-loverman, nick cave
#10LivingInPapayaPosted 1/23/2014 4:10:44 AM
epicfailtryhard posted...
don't listen to the crackheads. the only way to do well in this game is to not move. thereby, you can shoot people that aren't shooting back at you. when this is done...it's like, "wow, my connection is good". connection doesn't matter. the netcode in this game is garbage.

seriously, search for the topic "omg...wow...did you read this?". all you need to know.

I dunno, I run around and shoot people like any CoD game and I've never noticed bad connection or hitboxes or whatever... like, maybe I've just been host every game of my life or maybe I have the world's best internet or something but the bullets have always gone where my gun's pointing
---
You paid for your whole seat... but you'll only need the EDGE.
GT - Vanessa Magick