Migrated from Ghosts to give this game a second chance

#21LivingInPapayaPosted 1/24/2014 8:39:40 AM
Jake2701 posted...
People need to stop lying to themselves and just admit that Ghosts is bad. I was in denial when it first came out for a couple of weeks but honestly the game is awful. Not a single person on my friends list even plays it anymore and quit playing it two or three weeks after they got the game. I've gone back to Black Ops II and honestly probably won't play Ghosts again.

So everyone who likes Ghosts is lying to themselves. That sounds like totally sound logic.
---
You paid for your whole seat... but you'll only need the EDGE.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#22Zero IXPosted 1/24/2014 9:32:18 AM
Metacritic user scores of 4.5 and 2.3 would indicate that both games are barely-playable garbage—a slightly more polished turd is still a turd. Neither of those scores are meaningful in judging the actual quality of each game so much as the lengths Internet trolls are willing to go.

The Call of Duty franchise is far more polarized than it ever should be.
---
Mander1861 is GameFAQs's Most-"Liked" & Respected Poster
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
#23Jake2701Posted 1/24/2014 11:20:41 AM
LivingInPapaya posted...
Jake2701 posted...
People need to stop lying to themselves and just admit that Ghosts is bad. I was in denial when it first came out for a couple of weeks but honestly the game is awful. Not a single person on my friends list even plays it anymore and quit playing it two or three weeks after they got the game. I've gone back to Black Ops II and honestly probably won't play Ghosts again.

So everyone who likes Ghosts is lying to themselves. That sounds like totally sound logic.

I wouldn't say everyone because some people do genuinely like the game but in my opinion Black Ops II is far superior to Ghosts.
---
Jake2701
#24flame030191Posted 1/24/2014 12:43:28 PM
Jake2701 posted...
LivingInPapaya posted...
Jake2701 posted...

I wouldn't say everyone because some people do genuinely like the game but in my opinion Black Ops II is far superior to Ghosts.

I have 50 people on my PSN friends list.

Most plays Ghosts, I'd say a little over half of them in fact, whether it's the PS4 or PS3 version. A good portion of the remainder plays Battlefield 4. The last bit (probably about 7 or 8) seems spread between GTA5, AC4, and random PS Vita games.

On Xbox 360, the only person I've seen on my friends list who's touched BOps2 since Ghosts has released is f41l, who seems to jump between it and Ghosts. Everyone else plays Ghosts or BF4.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Flame Guy
Welcome to GameFAQs where anyone who proves you wrong is an ignorant troll.
#25WorstSniperEverPosted 1/24/2014 7:47:12 PM
flame030191 posted...
Jake2701 posted...
LivingInPapaya posted...
Jake2701 posted...

Most plays Ghosts, I'd say a little over half of them in fact, whether it's the PS4 or PS3 version. A good portion of the remainder plays Battlefield 4. The last bit (probably about 7 or 8) seems spread between GTA5, AC4, and random PS Vita games.

On Xbox 360, the only person I've seen on my friends list who's touched BOps2 since Ghosts has released is f41l, who seems to jump between it and Ghosts. Everyone else plays Ghosts or BF4.

That's funny. Everybody on my 360 Friends list has been playing Blops2, MW2, or MW3 and hasn't touched Ghosts since it was released - except for f41l, who goes between Blops2 and Ghosts.
---
"I dream of a kinder, gentler internets." - jmgordon99
#26LivingInPapayaPosted 1/24/2014 7:48:48 PM
Zero IX posted...
Metacritic user scores of 4.5 and 2.3 would indicate that both games are barely-playable garbage—a slightly more polished turd is still a turd. Neither of those scores are meaningful in judging the actual quality of each game so much as the lengths Internet trolls are willing to go.

The Call of Duty franchise is far more polarized than it ever should be.

You're not entirely wrong. The CoD series, admittedly, has a pretty negative effect on the games industry - a lot of games want to be CoD really bad and suffer for it.

Metacritic is a popular platform and they're given a lot of scores - it is likely that a lot of people who write a review are biased or tilted, but that would happen to both games, not just one of them.

4.5 isn't "barely-playable garbage" at all - 4.5 is "bad". It's almost mediocre.
2.3 is really bad. Probably not 'barely playable', but definitely more on the garbage side.

flame030191 posted...

As you know, this doesn't really indicate how popular Ghosts is - I had a couple of friends delete everyone on their friends list that enjoyed Ghosts because they hated it so much, for all I know you could've done the same. Not that I'm accusing you, I'm just saying it's anecdotal evidence.

On my friends list I have very few people who play Ghosts and a lot of people who play BO2. Probably doesn't have very much to do with the actual game, to be honest - most of my friends I met on BO2 in the first place, so it makes sense.

But it's still interesting that together, the amount of people who play BO2 and Ghosts seems almost... evenly split, which is completely unheard of. The new game is always more popular. MW3 was more popular than BO1 when it came out too - and that was almost as hated as Ghosts.
---
GT - Vanessa Magick
#27FeelMyBladePosted 1/24/2014 9:43:28 PM
My entire clan moved to Ghosts on the Xbox 1. But I still play BO2 on the 360.

There are those who enjoyed BO2 and there are those who enjoyed Ghosts. It is all just a difference of opinion.

The important thing is that you play whichever you enjoy.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Call of Duty Master Race!
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs: 48
#28f3rtilizerPosted 1/24/2014 10:45:46 PM
Whoa we talking about me itt yay
Seriously, guys, bo2 is so much fun now that all the tryhards went to ghosts

I pop in ghosts when I get the need to become angry or soundwhore people
---
People are so jaded by anonymity they sometimes forget that even they are an actual person. --deuric
#29LivingInPapayaPosted 1/24/2014 11:08:16 PM
f3rtilizer posted...
Whoa we talking about me itt yay
Seriously, guys, bo2 is so much fun now that all the tryhards went to ghosts

I pop in ghosts when I get the need to become angry or soundwhore people

Why would anyone play CoD at all if they didn't need to be angry? I swear that's the only reason I play it
---
GT - Vanessa Magick
#30Zero IXPosted 1/26/2014 9:24:06 PM
LivingInPapaya posted...
Metacritic is a popular platform and they're given a lot of scores - it is likely that a lot of people who write a review are biased or tilted, but that would happen to both games, not just one of them.

That's largely beside the point, which is that the overwhelming prevalence of overt bias taints what's already a highly circumspect gauge of public opinion. Ever since MW3, CoD games' Metacritic user ratings typically start out at around 1 or below due to rampant downvoting, and on top of that, the sample size is ludicrously small for one of the largest entertainment franchises in history... both games have less than 2000 user reviews, which is nothing compared to the playerbase. (This isn't even scratching the surface of the practical issues which accompany any "toxic 10" rating system nor all the other variables at play here.)

Anyway, no matter how you slice the cake, both scores are bad, although given the sheer number of chronic malcontents living under the bridges of the Internet, I'm almost surprised they're not lower than they are.

You're not entirely wrong. The CoD series, admittedly, has a pretty negative effect on the games industry - a lot of games want to be CoD really bad and suffer for it.

This is a sidebar so I thought I'd comment on it second, but this sentiment you mention is one which I find to be merely a matter of perspective. For example, lots of gamers think games like Candy Crush or the mobile gaming market are somehow negatively affecting the integrity of "true" games—while it's true lots of first-person shooters attempt to emulate CoD in order to partake in a measure of its success, the franchise has been successful for good reasons.

Also, Ghosts almost always has 80-100k more people playing during primetime as opposed to BO2 not to mention anywhere from 30-50k on the Xbone. This is relatively congruent with the 250-300k that BO2 and MW3 put up during primetime for their first 2-3 months before it leveled off, and neither of those games had the massively popular GTAV (a game which directly targets the same demographic as CoD) to contend with, either.

Well, whatever... at the end of the day, it's my expert opinion that both games have their pitfalls—some exclusive, but mostly shared—and I should probably just play Dota2 instead. ;)
---
Mander1861 is GameFAQs's Most-"Liked" & Respected Poster
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"