How do you fight the overabundance of SMG users?

#1sbn4Posted 1/26/2014 2:33:04 AM
I am finding that SMGs are starting to get really annoying. I'm getting a little sick of all the SMG character models running around. I'm trying to experiment with different LMGs and ARs and I'm finding it difficult because SMG users just zip around like greased lightning. If they use lightweight, its even worse.

I find the only way to combat them is the Remington. SMGs users are too fast and they seem to even beat me in mid range where an AR should dominate. Many of the SMGs have really high magazine capacity so its easy to spray with them as well. So many SMG users have terrible aim.

Is there anyway to fight them outside of a shotgun? I primarily play Kill Confirmed if it helps.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2f3rtilizerPosted 1/26/2014 2:45:04 AM
lol use the FAL
use the AN94
use C4

camp in the back
quickzoomer them

outgun them
use a SMG and learn to aim

all in the order of viability, smg's really aren't that great in this game
---
People are so jaded by anonymity they sometimes forget that even they are an actual person. --deuric
#3AbsoluteZeroX19Posted 1/26/2014 7:01:17 AM
Build a class that's completely and totally meant to counter SMG users.Use an LMG or an AR, fight at medium and long ranges. Stay away from Close-quarters gunfights. Just play smart and make sure you keep them at an arms reach, I'm sure you'll do good.
---
"You only need to be 1 step braver. The rest will take care of itself."
-- Twitter: @eon_asilo -- PSN: gdm0303 -- Currently Playing: COD: MW3; BO2
#4FeelMyBladePosted 1/26/2014 7:44:17 AM
Most assault rifles are a good choice.

The best way to fight against SMG users is to be prepared. Learn how your opponents rush, anticipate where they are coming from, and control choke points. If they are rushing you, take cover and watch out for flanks. Keep a good distance, and have a good coverage with teammates.

The rest is all aim and reaction.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Call of Duty Master Race!
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs: 48
#5sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 10:26:38 PM
The thing is, I generally like to run around like an SMG user, but I don't really like many of the SMGs in this game. And since I play KC I need to grab tags so camping and playing defensive isn't going to work. I like several of the ARs and the LSAT, but I notice if I'm trying to be aggressive I get outgunned by SMGs quiet a bit.
---
#6f3rtilizerPosted 1/26/2014 10:51:21 PM
sbn4 posted...
The thing is, I generally like to run around like an SMG user, but I don't really like many of the SMGs in this game. And since I play KC I need to grab tags so camping and playing defensive isn't going to work. I like several of the ARs and the LSAT, but I notice if I'm trying to be aggressive I get outgunned by SMGs quiet a bit.

I don't think anything outguns the FAL

you could always use the kap 40, it outguns most SMG's at close range as your secondary...

also, it's perfectly possible to rush with something like the AN-94...you have to be a little more accurate with SMG's
---
People are so jaded by anonymity they sometimes forget that even they are an actual person. --deuric
#7FeelMyBladePosted 1/27/2014 12:07:55 AM
sbn4 posted...

I wouldn't recommend engaging them in close quarters. Try to avoid bum-rushing them in close quarters, take it slow if necessary. If your team is rushing SMG users, be sure to go in groups to cover each other.

You can still play offense against SMG users. But you have to prepare yourself. Anticipate them or know where they are coming from. If you know they are rushing a certain spot, you can aim down sight in that general location.

Also quickdraw is a good attachment if you don't have that.

Stay out of open areas. Stay close to cover, and make it harder for them to hit you.
---
Best CoD4 player here. Call of Duty Master Race!
Rarity is the best Pony. Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs: 48
#8Silver17Posted 1/27/2014 5:26:48 AM
For Starters - *Learn the maps*

Sure SMGs dominate on some maps, but they also suck on others.

For instance:

Hijacked and Raid are 2 maps where SMGs generally dominate.

Carrier and Slums are 2 maps where SMGs generally suck...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
#9Silver17Posted 1/27/2014 5:34:27 AM
sbn4 posted...

Stop playing KC for a while, and start playing more FFA.

Ideally you want to get more practice in 1on1 situations, and FFA is more likely to have 1on1 gun situations...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
#10sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 7:07:49 AM
Is it wrong that I don't like the AN94 so far? I mean I see it all the damn time and it kills me often. But if I ever pick it up (I prestiged and don't have much experience with it), I do bugger all with it. What's so good about it? I will give the FAL another try though. I do remember doing well with it when I did use it. What's a good FAL and LSAT setup?

And yes, I use quickdraw on all my rifles. I'm actually hopelessly addicted to it. I understand quickdraw and stock are the best attachments for an AR. I personally enjoy the MTAR, M27, and M8 at the moment.

I will also try different modes as KC and Domination are my main two. I specifically avoided TDM and FFA because I remember how slow they were in the original BO. Thank you everyone.
---