How do you fight the overabundance of SMG users?

#11BgSoAPosted 1/27/2014 9:27:04 AM
sbn4 posted...
Is it wrong that I don't like the AN94 so far? I mean I see it all the damn time and it kills me often. But if I ever pick it up (I prestiged and don't have much experience with it), I do bugger all with it. What's so good about it? I will give the FAL another try though. I do remember doing well with it when I did use it. What's a good FAL and LSAT setup?

And yes, I use quickdraw on all my rifles. I'm actually hopelessly addicted to it. I understand quickdraw and stock are the best attachments for an AR. I personally enjoy the MTAR, M27, and M8 at the moment.

I will also try different modes as KC and Domination are my main two. I specifically avoided TDM and FFA because I remember how slow they were in the original BO. Thank you everyone.

AN94 is good for several reasons.

One, it is a 3 shot kill out to about 30-40 meters if I remember right. This is a pretty solid range and makes it very useful for outdoing anyone with a low damage, low range gun, like smgs, because they'll be doing 19 damage while you're doing 35.

Two, it has very low recoil. I full auto this gun all the time, and find it very easy to keep on track.

Three, it has clear iron sights making optics unnecessary, and freeing up an attachment slot, something you can't really do on the FAL or M8A1 imo.

Four, the first two rounds of this gun come out at 900 RPM versus the standard 600. This means that if your shots are on target, you will kill your opponent very quickly.
#12sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 10:13:29 AM
Thank you. Good to know. I will give this gun a try next time I unlock it. I guess suppressed AN94 is the way to go?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#13smashthesmurfsPosted 1/27/2014 11:19:01 AM
sbn4 posted...
Thank you. Good to know. I will give this gun a try next time I unlock it. I guess suppressed AN94 is the way to go?

That's what I use but you don't need it and it cuts down on range. But I think it's worth it. Probably not very useful on dom or kc though.
---
GT: papa cashwads
#14BgSoAPosted 1/27/2014 1:05:55 PM
sbn4 posted...

Quickdraw, Stock, Fast Mags in my opinion. If you don't want fast mags because you want more perks or a secondary or whatever that's fine, but suppressing it nerfs the range considerably. Suppressors are best on low damage, short range guns, like the MP7, the Vector, the MTAR, and the Type 25.
#15f3rtilizerPosted 1/27/2014 2:12:28 PM
^^TC, I use the AN94 with just stock and quickdraw, then flak/lightweight, toughness, tac mask/dexterity

You don't really want to use a supressor (IMO) after they nerfed the range, because it feels a little like a peashooter --unpopular opinion--

FAL class, I would say same perks as above with red dot and stock
---
People are so jaded by anonymity they sometimes forget that even they are an actual person. --deuric
#16sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 3:41:18 PM
All I can say is thank you to those who recommended or mentioned the FAL. I haven't used the gun much, so all I have is quickdraw. But the last few games I played I did work with that gun. Maybe its beginners luck, but I had 4 good games in a row with the gun. I think my current class setup was similar to fertelizer's but all I had was quick draw and KAP40. I also think I had scavenger so I can resupply C4s and EMPs. Its a good gun. Its pretty fun outgunning SMGs at mid range and even AN94 users.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#17fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2014 3:50:31 PM
There's no reason to use anything besides an SMG Pistol or Shotgun in KC, maybe a few Stock ARs. Anything else you're outclassed

and the FAL is by far the best gun in the game if you can shoot it
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png