Nuketown Camper help.

#1Skystrike70Posted 2/12/2014 8:24:02 PM
So yeaahhh...This is a little pathetic but I keep losing to my 12 year old brother in local matches. He will play on no map other than Nuketown. And he always sits in one of the houses and just camps either at the window, which he can kill me out of 50% of the time as I either take aim at him myself or sprint past his spray of bullets into the house, and then he will just wait... I'm far too impatient to outwait him, so I kinda just charge around the bus/truck and wish that this map wasn't so broken that a screenwatcher can literally pick you off from one single vantage point assuming you aren't already at his house...

I mean, this kid screenwatches like there's no tomorrow. I can't sneak up on him, can't catch him by surprise really, so I need a strategy that will work on him.

Does anyone have some kind of strategy that might work against this kind of player? I would provide his class details but he changes every time :/ Also, what I've been relying on for many of my kills are grenades which don't always work and only work once per life, as Scavenger will only allow 'nade refill on non explosive kills.
---
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?
#2f3rtilizerPosted 2/12/2014 8:29:26 PM
I thought you were going to ask how to camp and was going to say "go die".

A few ideas:
Make a class with MK48 or LSAT with FMJ and target finder. Just spray in his hidey hole and he will have a hard time countering you. For ultimate lolz, put down a riot shield by where B dom is and just headglitch him from behind it, if he's not using a AR/LMG/sniper he will have a very hard time killing you.

2x c4 with fast hands

outcamp him

use really really good guns (FAL, MSMC, KAP40). If you are using the KAP/MSMC, try to work to get close to him. You will be able to get decently close to him if you maneuver the map properly.
---
90-2 M27 Nuclear/Triple swarm http://youtu.be/fvi62gA7Tiw
If you watch and have critique of any kind, please PM it to me. Shameless self promotion in this sig
#3Skystrike70(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 8:42:09 PM
f3rtilizer posted...
For ultimate lolz, put down a riot shield by where B dom is and just headglitch him from behind it, if he's not using a AR/LMG/sniper he will have a very hard time killing you.

How exactly is this performed? I never play online due to no XboxGold, so I have never experienced 'headglitching'. Scrolling through the old topics, I don't see any idiot's guides to headglitching out there, so how do I do it? I have no qualms about the morality of it , this guy I'm against is screencheating, what I consider the lowest of the low. And he is all I have to play against...
---
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?
#4Skystrike70(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 8:42:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5FeelMyBladePosted 2/12/2014 9:54:33 PM
Well, you could always punch him in the shoulder.
That's how we handled campers back in Goldeneye 64.
---
An AC-130's an AC-130, but the Care Package could be anything! It could even be an AC-130!
You know how much we've wanted one of those!
#6f3rtilizerPosted 2/12/2014 10:51:13 PM
Skystrike70 posted...
f3rtilizer posted...
For ultimate lolz, put down a riot shield by where B dom is and just headglitch him from behind it, if he's not using a AR/LMG/sniper he will have a very hard time killing you.

How exactly is this performed? I never play online due to no XboxGold, so I have never experienced 'headglitching'. Scrolling through the old topics, I don't see any idiot's guides to headglitching out there, so how do I do it? I have no qualms about the morality of it , this guy I'm against is screencheating, what I consider the lowest of the low. And he is all I have to play against...

If you take cover behind something (for example, on the map raid, in that area with all those pillars, if you go behind a pillar so that just the very top of your head is sticking out, but you can still see/shoot your opponent, this is called headglitching. It's basically cod terminology for "take cover and expose as little of your body as possible". It just so happens that if you plant the riot sheid, it provides a decent amount of cover and has become known as a "portable headglitch", or in laymans terms, "portable cover".
---
If you watch and have critique of any kind, please PM it to me. Shameless self promotion in this sig
#7Silver17Posted 2/12/2014 11:23:37 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...

^ lol Yup

& knock the controller out of his hand too.

If you are afraid that he's gonna rat you out, then do the right thing. Put batteries that are about to die in his wireless controller... ;)
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
#8startedONatariPosted 2/13/2014 8:52:07 AM
Silver17 posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...

^ lol Yup

If you are afraid that he's gonna rat you out, then do the right thing. Put batteries that are about to die in his wireless controller... ;)

those were the days lol.
#9f3rtilizerPosted 2/13/2014 4:15:22 PM
startedONatari posted...
Silver17 posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...

^ lol Yup

those were the days lol.

or give him the broken controller
---
#10Jumpman_8891Posted 2/13/2014 7:55:52 PM
Hands down, the best way to combat LMG campers in Blops 2 is to get decent/good at sniping. In a lobby, if I see a low SPM player with 800,000 kills with a LMG, I pull out a sniper (usually the Ballista) until they rage quit.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.