Tell me about the bots

#1KaosKilla22Posted 2/14/2014 9:39:06 AM
Can someone share opinions about the bots? I wish I could get into multiplayer but I currently don't have an internet connection that will allow me to do so. I used to love playing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark with bots when I didn't have friends over to play. I would love to be able to play all the game modes with bots for the time being before I can get mp up and running. Thanks in advance.
#2FeelMyBladePosted 2/14/2014 10:15:32 AM(edited)
Most of them are just simple bots that run around the map. They will occasionally go for objectives and call in killstreaks much like a normal player.

The normal bots are pretty easy.

IMO, they are good for getting lots of kills. But if you only go against bots all the time, it can get kinda boring.
---
An AC-130's an AC-130, but the Care Package could be anything! It could even be an AC-130!
You know how much we've wanted one of those!
#3startedONatariPosted 2/15/2014 10:15:32 AM
bots will shoot down anything you put in the sky, quickly.
#4BgSoAPosted 2/15/2014 1:00:22 PM
Hardened and Veteran bots put up a good fight in Domination if you handicap yourself. It's much harder than one would think to beat 6 enemy bots while you only have 3 helping you.
#5FeelMyBladePosted 2/15/2014 3:04:23 PM
startedONatari posted...
bots will shoot down anything you put in the sky, quickly.

This is very true^.
---
An AC-130's an AC-130, but the Care Package could be anything! It could even be an AC-130!
You know how much we've wanted one of those!
#6f3rtilizerPosted 2/15/2014 7:02:08 PM
dont get close they are gods with the panic knife
---
90-2 M27 Nuclear/Triple swarm http://youtu.be/fvi62gA7Tiw
If you watch and have critique of any kind, please PM it to me. Shameless self promotion in this sig
#7Silver17Posted 2/16/2014 5:04:15 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Most of them are just simple bots that run around the map. They will occasionally go for objectives and call in killstreaks much like a normal player.

The normal bots are pretty easy.

IMO, they are good for getting lots of kills. But if you only go against bots all the time, it can get kinda boring.

^ That pretty much covers what I was gonna say...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
#8fatclemenzaPosted 2/17/2014 7:21:43 AM
Well there's no DarkSim speedstrafing backwards while cloaked and headshotting you with an RCP-120 across the map so there's that
---
http://i.imgur.com/zYPEYhl.png
#9startedONatariPosted 2/17/2014 9:08:37 AM
fatclemenza posted...
Well there's no DarkSim speedstrafing backwards while cloaked and headshotting you with an RCP-120 across the map so there's that

true.

but if you turn hardcore on they will one shot you from across the map. it's ridiculous.

oh, and they pre-fire around corners, like they know you are there.

and then there's that one bot who will go through three clips to destroy one shock-charge. .lol
#10FefnirOmega13Posted 2/17/2014 11:25:05 AM
they're alright to play against; if a bit heavyhanded than humans when it comes to dealing with some aerial killstreaks (I assume as soon as a UAV is launched they all just point their guns into the air and fire at it wildly until it falls out of the sky, because you can summon it and five seconds later it'll be ash on the breeze)

Besides, with bots you can do all sorts of 'fun' things that you probably wouldn't be able to accomplish against players; I find it fun to set up a little base at the end of Hijacked with Sentries and Guardians and see how long you can hold it before you die.

All in all they're not bad for a couple of rounds over playing with other people since:

-they're always there to play and don't require anyone else online
-they don't give you any lip or trash talk/hate messages if they lose
-you can make them as hard or as easy as you want
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!