Good LSW class?

#1sbn4Posted 2/24/2014 9:05:17 AM
This is turning into my favorite LMG at the moment simply because of its RoF. But what's a good class for an LMG in general?

Right now its:

LSW (grip/FMJ)
EMP/C4
lightweight/flak jacket
toughness
dexterity
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2LivingInPapayaPosted 2/24/2014 11:34:04 AM
sbn4 posted...
Good

sbn4 posted...
LSW

Pick one.

Just chuck a damn target finder and FMJ on, you'll probably do fine. Or, if you want to exploit its high rate of fire - put mobility stuff on. Quickdraw, Stock, Lightweight, et cetera.
---
You paid for your whole seat... but you'll only need the EDGE.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#3BgSoAPosted 2/24/2014 1:13:06 PM
The LSW is the worst lmg in the game; it has low damage and short range, meaning it does best at close range. Unfortunately, smgs, shotguns, pistols and some assault rifles do better up close. This severely limits this weapons potential.

Fortunately, it can be made powerful. When I was getting this thing gold, I used this class, and played aggressively.

LSW + QD + Stock + Suppressor
LW
Toughness + Scavenger
Dexterity

The suppressor barely hurts this weapon since its range is already bad. It helps keep you off the radar. Alternatively, Laser Sight is a decent attachment on this gun due to its rate of fire. Stock + QD are mandatory on any lmg in my opinion, but then I like to strafe with this weapon, and often move from cover to cover, making these attachments more useful. You can drop them if you prefer to play a more defense role with this gun. I'd use this class in that case.

LSW + Target Finder + Extended Clip + FMJ(optional)
Kap 40 + Extended Clip(If no FMJ)
FJ
Toughness
TM
Betty
Tac Insert

This class is ineffective compared to the other lmgs, and will even lose to most assault rifles(only the Type 25 and M27 are less effective) at mid range. However, if you head glitch and have your sights aimed down before hand, you should be able to take people out from a distance. Just make sure your TI is put somewhere safe, because without stock and QD you won't be very effective at close ranges.
#4sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 3:51:02 PM
I figured the LSW was the weakest. I personally liked the LSAT but I wanted to try a different LMG. I hate the HAMR, and the MK48 is okay though I hear its the best statistically.

I will definitely try the class recommendations made here. They seem like fun.

BTW, is there such a thing as a good S12 class? Currently I have:

S12 (extended mags, long barrel)
KAP40
Semtex/emp
lightweight
scavenger
dexterity
---
#5BgSoAPosted 2/24/2014 7:06:20 PM
The S12, unlike the LSW, is actually not a bad weapon in certain situations. Against a single enemy, its less effective than the R870, and at ranges greater than 10 feet, its inferior to the KSG. It excels at clearing out rooms with 2 or more enemies. It's good for hardpoint on small maps like Hijacked and Nuketown, and is functional on any map with close ranges.

The most important thing to remember is to aim down the sights. It tightens up the spread on your shotgun, and makes it much more powerful; the difference will be noticeable. Because of this, I like this class.

S12 + Fast Mags + QD(optional) + Long Barrel
Lightweight + ghost(if no QD)
Scavenger
Dexterity + ExCon

Patrol an area where you have the advantage. Force the gun fights to be on your terms, and if you can't, then hit them from their blind spots. Ghost vs Quick Draw is tricky to decide on; you get the advantage of flanking and ambush with Ghost, but QD lets you react more quickly. The choice is yours. ExCon is excellent for shotguns, and combined with Dexterity it makes you very offensively mobile.

To use the S12, you want to aim, and then spray, spamming the trigger until they die. Don't be afraid of wasting ammo. Scavenger is there for a reason. The guns biggest weakness honestly is its slow reload and small magazine. Fast Mags mitigates this to a degree.
#6FeelMyBladePosted 2/24/2014 8:41:34 PM
I dunno, I like it with dual band sight.
---
An AC-130's an AC-130, but the Care Package could be anything! It could even be an AC-130!
You know how much we've wanted one of those!
#7Jumpman_8891Posted 2/24/2014 10:42:36 PM
If you wanna piss people off, rapid fire + laser sight + stock. Mixed in with Lightweight. Use it like a shotgun.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#8sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 11:19:26 PM
Thanks for the comprehensive loadout advice BgSoa. I had some of my best games with your LSW class setup (quick draw, stock, and suppressor). I had 4-5 really good games in a row. Which is rare for me. I play KC mostly, and I had my first 50+ kill game (with only like 5-6 deaths) with 35 tags I believe. I will definitely try the S12 setup as well.

I have the game recorded and can upload it if anyone is interested.
---
#9LivingInPapayaPosted 2/25/2014 2:06:53 AM
BgSoA posted...
(some stuff about the S12 all but stolen from XboxAhoy)

I found the S12 is a brilliant secondary weapon for things like LMGs or sniper rifles. A Remington is by far the most powerful shotgun but it's not consistent and I find when panic-switching, being able to spray ten rounds of buckshot in the general area of a bad dude is a lot more consistently effective.
---
You paid for your whole seat... but you'll only need the EDGE.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#10Jumpman_8891Posted 2/25/2014 3:24:02 AM
sbn4 posted...
Thanks for the comprehensive loadout advice BgSoa. I had some of my best games with your LSW class setup (quick draw, stock, and suppressor). I had 4-5 really good games in a row. Which is rare for me. I play KC mostly, and I had my first 50+ kill game (with only like 5-6 deaths) with 35 tags I believe. I will definitely try the S12 setup as well.

I have the game recorded and can upload it if anyone is interested.

Lemme see the goods.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.