Interesting debate in lobby, what side would you guys/gals take

#1jazsper77Posted 3/5/2014 7:51:47 PM
Was in a lobby for a couple of hrs and listened to the same two guys going at. Basically one guy called the other out for using TF, saying he needed his hand held. While the other moaned about him using engineer , saying he to needed a BINKIE to play.

I told them they were both right, don't call out somebody for using something to help themselves. Then in turn do the same.
#2Jumpman_8891Posted 3/5/2014 8:03:33 PM
When did using engineer become a crutch?
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#3jazsper77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 8:08:23 PM
Why I said they were both rite in the debate was simple.
One guy starts with you can't find enemies on your own.
Second guy goes back with,you can't spot equip on your own.

There both rite, one lets you see player and the other there equip.
#4LivingInPapayaPosted 3/5/2014 8:59:19 PM
Neither of them are crutches.

The Target Finder highlights enemies that don't have Cold-Blooded, at the cost of peripheral vision (which is a big cost).

Engineer shows equipment, which can be nullified and then some anyway - with Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask.

Neither of them are particularly overpowered - those two people weren't arguing against what they were using at all. They were just insulting each other, and used the only thing they knew about them: how they play the game.
---
You paid for your whole seat... but you'll only need the EDGE.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#5smashthesmurfsPosted 3/5/2014 10:10:13 PM
How are you supposed to spot equipment when it's behind a wall? That's where engineer is nice.
---
GT: papa cashwads
#6WorstSniperEverPosted 3/5/2014 10:33:44 PM
smashthesmurfs posted...
How are you supposed to spot equipment when it's behind a wall? That's where engineer is nice.

Same with spotting players behind walls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf13dxWlu-0

That's where Target Finder is nice.
---
Call of Duty and FIFA forums, and eventually competitions and prizes! http://www.prestigeclubgaming.com/forums/forum.php
Come help us bolster our numbers!
#7FeelMyBladePosted 3/5/2014 11:30:24 PM
I don't find engineer as hated as TF.
It helps detect camping equipments, and TIs.

Either way, people will always complain about something.
---
An AC-130's an AC-130, but the Care Package could be anything! It could even be an AC-130!
Brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs: 48
#8InsaneriderPosted 3/6/2014 6:13:05 AM
Honestly the fact that Engineer delays equipment activation as well as highlights them is more OP then just highlighting them.

As for TF, it creates a gigantic red diamond on someone who doesn't have cold - blooded. Anyone who says it's useful for finding non cold - blooded players is wrong, pure and simple. It's a camper sight and even Treyarch admitted that it was put in to help bad players do better.
---
The word of the day is "Legs." Spread it around.
GT: TimoInsano. FC: 0232 - 9166 - 5477
#9sbn4Posted 3/6/2014 7:18:43 AM
Who even uses Cold Blooded anyways? Toughness is down right mandatory on nearly every class. And even then, scavenger is far more useful. Not to mention, even if you use CB, its not like you are invisible. The player can still kill you with TF. I've had TF users EMP'd but are still able to kill me without the diamond on me.

I find TF to be a huge crutch. But its not as stupid as some of the other things in the series. I had no idea Engineer delayed fuses on betties, claymores, and charges. I may use it more now.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10Jumpman_8891Posted 3/6/2014 10:17:04 AM
In any case, if you truly believe Engineer is a crutch, I feel bad for you.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.