man, quick scopers just make me want to quit the game entirely....

#41f41lurizerPosted 3/18/2014 10:24:27 PM
LivingInPapaya posted...
f41lurizer posted...
Why are you prepared to defend your position on this if nobody is questioning that position?

That's the question you should be asking...

Well - I don't know if you've noticed - but this is a forum for discussion of CoD. When somebody makes a topic that I have an opinion on, I'm going to add my opinion. That is the FUNCTION of a forum.

I'm going to make this post at the cost of possibly being a big douche.

First, to clarify one thing. I'm talking about this post you made.

LivingInPapaya posted...
f41lurizer posted...
the main thing here is nobody is telling you to like quickscoping, though

I didn't mean to imply anybody was?

You can add your opinion to topics all the time. As you say, that's the function of a forum. For example, I deem "Call of Duty: Ghosts" pukes the abomination, and state this in every topic ever. I do not go into every topic ever saying "I will list the reasons I believe this atrocious excuse of a pile of steaming s*** abomination is such a calamity". I just say "it's an abomination". If I get into reasons, it's because somebody is questioning the reasoning in some way, or I have to explain the reasoning. But again, I don't launch right into "I can explain why the abomination is the worst thing that has ever happened to my xbox".

If you have shown that you are able to back up your position (in this thread, as well as countless others on this board, why do you have to state it)? It kind of makes you look like you aren't really confident in it. Like the guy who goes "I'll fok u up m8 fite me", all bark and no bite, and gets his ass kicked by some random. Note: I'm not saying your position on qs is like this. But that's the impression a post like that gives off.

What I'm really trying to say here is that you aren't, as you say, only "adding your opinion". You are adding the opinion that your opinion is one you can back up.

It might go like this:
me: "death to abomination long live vonderhaar and bo2 goat game"
random: "i don't see why you think it's such a bad game bo2 is the true abomination"
me: "look here you idiot here is ABC reasons vonderhaar is love and vonderhaar is life, and here is XYZ reasons the abomination should be quarantined in its special version of hell"

If I was to start with a post like yours, it would go something like
me: "I am prepared to defend teh bo2 goat game to the death against abomination sheep devil worshipers"
*them*: "so eager to argue your position young one? why not just state your opinion with civility"
me: "I see what you are saying but will never agree with an ABOMINATION WORSHIPPER! DIE!"
gamefaqs mods: "warnings and karma loss for all!"

tl;dr better to state the opinion rather than state that you are prepared to defend it, especially if you already have explained your position before.

tl;dr the second: I wrote you a f***ing book u happy now? :p

tl;dr the third: jeez i really wrote this behemoth about a forum post jeez i must really have no life i cri eritiem. I'm can explain for hours why I have no life

:)
---
NaCl back by popular demand http://tinyurl.com/3npncs3
I'm gonna be that one annoying guy who uses x/80 to express my relative approval of posts or topics...
#42LivingInPapayaPosted 3/19/2014 12:11:50 AM
f41lurizer posted...
Some stuff.

I try to be a bit... in-depth. If I see a post saying "QUICKSCOPING SUCKS", I wouldn't be the type of person to reply to that with "YES QUICKSCOPING IS FOR GAYLORDS". It's laconic and gets to the point, but it opens itself up for a lot of strawman arguments. It's not that anyone's challenging the opinion, but if someone were to challenge it, it'd be harder to defend afterwards.

So I clarify myself. I elaborate, even when nobody's asking me to. Doesn't mean I have to write a book just yet, unless I feel I have to - but I feel that "QUICKSCOPING IS FOR WANGBLIMPS" is a waste of space on the board when I can say "ONLY WANGBLIMPS QUICKSCOPE and this is why I believe this blahity blah blah".

I mean, having a long post with a lot of opinions is still a lot better than off-topic irrelevant crap like "when i type black ops 2 sometimes i type black pos 2 and it makes me a sad panda".... no offense.
---
You paid for your whole seat... but you'll only need the EDGE.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#43f41lurizerPosted 3/19/2014 1:10:12 AM
LivingInPapaya posted...
f41lurizer posted...
Some stuff.

I try to be a bit... in-depth. If I see a post saying "QUICKSCOPING SUCKS", I wouldn't be the type of person to reply to that with "YES QUICKSCOPING IS FOR GAYLORDS". It's laconic and gets to the point, but it opens itself up for a lot of strawman arguments. It's not that anyone's challenging the opinion, but if someone were to challenge it, it'd be harder to defend afterwards.

So I clarify myself. I elaborate, even when nobody's asking me to. Doesn't mean I have to write a book just yet, unless I feel I have to - but I feel that "QUICKSCOPING IS FOR WANGBLIMPS" is a waste of space on the board when I can say "ONLY WANGBLIMPS QUICKSCOPE and this is why I believe this blahity blah blah".

I mean, having a long post with a lot of opinions is still a lot better than off-topic irrelevant crap like "when i type black ops 2 sometimes i type black pos 2 and it makes me a sad panda".... no offense.

i was trying to make a positive topic :(
---
NaCl back by popular demand http://tinyurl.com/3npncs3
I'm gonna be that one annoying guy who uses x/80 to express my relative approval of posts or topics...
#44Astro_B0mbPosted 3/19/2014 9:25:31 AM
fatclemenza posted...
If you're getting beat by sniper rifles consistently when you have a machine gun then the only problem is you

I'm starting to remember why I stopped coming to this forum

BABY COME BACK
---
#lilbismyfriend2014
#45f3rtilizerPosted 3/19/2014 1:09:47 PM
Astro_B0mb posted...
fatclemenza posted...
If you're getting beat by sniper rifles consistently when you have a machine gun then the only problem is you

BABY COME BACK

I don't think he's coming back.
you can find him on /r/codcompetitive though
---
90-2 M27 Nuclear/Triple swarm http://youtu.be/fvi62gA7Tiw
I have 4 xbox controllers and have only played splitscreen for maybe a total of 16 hours. Fedora life
#46Astro_B0mbPosted 3/19/2014 8:15:04 PM
f3rtilizer posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...
fatclemenza posted...

BABY COME BACK

I don't think he's coming back.
you can find him on /r/codcompetitive though

But reddit is ass cheeks
---
#lilbismyfriend2014