A few thought provoking questions...

#1sbn4Posted 4/2/2014 6:33:19 AM
I have a few questions that have been on my mind.

- What's a semi effective riot shield class? Currently I have a class with a KAP40 (extended clip), lightweight/flak jacket, scavenger, and ex con. With C4 and a single EMP grenade as my equipment.

- How imperative is lightweight, toughness, and dexterity? Do you need all three in a class most of the time?

- Besides the FAL, M8, and AN94, what other Rifles are good? I'm currently liking the SCAR. I used to like the M27 but it feels like a pea shooter.

- How mandatory are stocks for ARs? Some swear by it and I find it to be really useful myself. But is another attachment a better fit?

- Why does Nuketown get voted EVERY. DAMN. TIME?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2f3rtilizerPosted 4/2/2014 6:40:48 AM
I dont go riot shielding enough to be any use suggesting a class for it.

You need toughness on any AR/SMG class. Obviously its not as helpful on something like a knifing class...but its basically a manditory perk.

I think the M27 is pretty good, but the type25 and MTAR are decent as well.

Personally I find stock on the AR's manditory and there is no other attachment I put on every single AR.

Good question.
---
90-2 M27 Nuclear/Triple swarm http://youtu.be/fvi62gA7Tiw
The 4 bar warrior.
#3LivingInPapayaPosted 4/2/2014 6:45:33 AM
sbn4 posted...
What's a semi effective riot shield class? Currently I have a class with a KAP40 (extended clip), lightweight/flak jacket, scavenger, and ex con. With C4 and a single EMP grenade as my equipment.

Your class is all right. Dual-wield KAP40's or B23R's might be more useful and Tactical Mask might fare you better than Ex. Con. The important thing to note is that you need to use your teammates, C4 or pistols to kill people - actually using the riot shield is generally not a good idea.

How imperative is lightweight, toughness, and dexterity? Do you need all three in a class most of the time

For a rushing class it's pretty damn mandatory, but resistance perks like Flak Jacket and Tac. Mask are more important to me. Given the choice between Lightweight and Dexterity, I'd honestly prefer Dexterity. Toughness should be on pretty much every class you have.

Besides the FAL, M8, and AN94, what other Rifles are good? I'm currently liking the SCAR. I used to like the M27 but it feels like a pea shooter.

None of them are really that bad! The M27 is my personal favorite, but a Select Fire SWAT-556 is one of the most underrated weapons in the game. Kills faster than any other AR.

How mandatory are stocks for ARs? Some swear by it and I find it to be really useful myself. But is another attachment a better fit?

In SND I actually use quickdraw over stock, given the option. However, if you want a Red Dot Sight, it's generally worth the extra 3 points for Quickdraw and Stock.

Why does Nuketown get voted EVERY. DAMN. TIME?

Hard to say. It's definitely a good looking map and it's certainly the best for levelling up and getting stuff done better. It's also good for quickscopers getting quickscoping clips for their quickscoping montage. But... I dunno. It's aggravating.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#4sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 7:08:05 AM
I think the M27 is pretty good, but the type25 and MTAR are decent as well.

I'm just tired of getting 3-4 hitmarkers on a guy with the M27 and not dropping him. I don't have these issues with the SCAR. I do like the Type 25 and MTAR quiet a bit though.

Your class is all right. Dual-wield KAP40's or B23R's might be more useful and Tactical Mask might fare you better than Ex. Con. The important thing to note is that you need to use your teammates, C4 or pistols to kill people - actually using the riot shield is generally not a good idea.

This is generally how I roll with the shield. I act as a distraction. I know using the shield is not a good idea as some of my weakest games come from using it. But its so damn fun to watch people scurrying around not knowing what to do. Maybe its just me, but it seems particularly effective against snipers. I ruined two quickscoper's games last night with this class. I'll try dual wields, but I was liking my TAC45 with the tactical knife since the knife seems more reliable if you use it this way.

For a rushing class it's pretty damn mandatory, but resistance perks like Flak Jacket and Tac. Mask are more important to me. Given the choice between Lightweight and Dexterity, I'd honestly prefer Dexterity. Toughness should be on pretty much every class you have.

I like flak jacket quiet a bit since I don't always have the best reaction time against bouncing betties. Plus nothing is more awesome than a guy chucking a C4 at you and me still pumping buckshot in his face. But I'm wondering if hardline is even worth it.

None of them are really that bad! The M27 is my personal favorite, but a Select Fire SWAT-556 is one of the most underrated weapons in the game. Kills faster than any other AR.

SWAT with select fire sounds fun. I tried the FAL with SF and I didn't really like it though. Single shot felt better.
---
#5BgSoAPosted 4/2/2014 10:17:31 AM
A select fire Swat carried me for my first couple of weeks with this game, but it statistically is basically the same gun as the Type 25 but with better irons. I'd advise against using any gun with SF myself.
#6f3rtilizerPosted 4/2/2014 11:45:41 AM
BgSoA posted...
A select fire Swat carried me for my first couple of weeks with this game, but it statistically is basically the same gun as the Type 25 but with better irons. I'd advise against using any gun with SF myself.

I was going to say this, but in close range the sf swat will outshoot the type because it has a 3 hit kill range.
The type's mobility bonus is nice, though.
---
The 4 bar warrior.
#7LivingInPapayaPosted 4/2/2014 12:16:28 PM(edited)
BgSoA posted...

The SF SWAT has noticeably better TTK than the Type 25, but the Type comes with a few other benefits to it - mobility, recoil, not using an extra attachment.

In a public match, I'd be inclined to use the Type 25 but in League Play or some other competitive environment I'd sooner use the SF SWAT.

Incidentally, the SF SCAR is worth trying as well - if you're good at keeping the rhythm it becomes a full-auto SCAR anyway, but with practically no recoil.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#8sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 12:44:32 PM
I should really get more creative in class building in this game. I never thought using a suppressed AR (unless its the AN94) to be a good idea. I tried a suppressed MTAR with stock and was doing consistentally well with it. In fact I had my second best game with the gun. 60 kills in KC with almost 40 tags. I got lucky a few times but there were some really awkward exchanges in the match that had me cracking up.

And the Type 25 gets a mobility boost? This is news to me. I thought it felt faster than other ARs. I just thought it was in my head. Does this mean that I don't need lightweight with it?
---
#9f3rtilizerPosted 4/2/2014 12:46:36 PM
Ehh lightweight still works on it (you still get the 7% mobility increase) but it also stacks 2.5% movement speed from the type onto that.
---
The 4 bar warrior.
#10LivingInPapayaPosted 4/2/2014 12:59:34 PM
sbn4 posted...

And the Type 25 gets a mobility boost? This is news to me. I thought it felt faster than other ARs. I just thought it was in my head. Does this mean that I don't need lightweight with it?

If anything, it's more reason to use Lightweight. I think the 9.5% bonus is enough to move at practically the base speed.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick