A few thought provoking questions...

#11f3rtilizerPosted 4/2/2014 12:59:48 PM
LivingInPapaya posted...
sbn4 posted...

And the Type 25 gets a mobility boost? This is news to me. I thought it felt faster than other ARs. I just thought it was in my head. Does this mean that I don't need lightweight with it?

If anything, it's more reason to use Lightweight. I think the 9.5% bonus is enough to move at practically the base speed.

IIRC, with an AR your movement speed goes down to 92% of base speed.
So with lightweight and type 25, you move at 101.5% base speed.
---
90-2 M27 Nuclear/Triple swarm http://youtu.be/fvi62gA7Tiw
The 4 bar warrior.
#12Doktor_KaboomPosted 4/2/2014 2:44:48 PM
The only thing that is mandatory is stock on ars. Toughness is a close second. Lightweight is nice but I find that flak jacket preserves streaks better. The m27 seems to be a beast silenced but otherwise it's a bit subpar. I only use the shield for camping and find it otherwise useless.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#13f3rtilizerPosted 4/2/2014 3:24:54 PM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
The only thing that is mandatory is stock on ars. Toughness is a close second. Lightweight is nice but I find that flak jacket preserves streaks better. The m27 seems to be a beast silenced but otherwise it's a bit subpar. I only use the shield for camping and find it otherwise useless.

the silenced m27 is a beast for sure :p not so stealth brag about sig
I find toughness > stock with AR's, but I use both almost 99% of the time.
---
The 4 bar warrior.
#14Doktor_KaboomPosted 4/2/2014 3:45:03 PM
f3rtilizer posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...

the silenced m27 is a beast for sure :p not so stealth brag about sig
I find toughness > stock with AR's, but I use both almost 99% of the time.

I still think stock is better on ars than toughness. The movement is in slow motion without it. Toughness is a very close second though unless you're camping pretty hard.

I saw that video. Very nice ;-). It does seem like the m27 suffers less than ars with silencer. Almost like a long range smg with that fire rate.

tried to mimic the video and failed miserably
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#15Jumpman_8891Posted 4/2/2014 3:58:25 PM
The real question is why literally every AR I pick up off the ground Stock-less? Never fails.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#16Doktor_KaboomPosted 4/2/2014 4:09:56 PM
I have the same problem
---
#17f3rtilizerPosted 4/2/2014 4:10:01 PM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...

I still think stock is better on ars than toughness. The movement is in slow motion without it. Toughness is a very close second though unless you're camping pretty hard.

I saw that video. Very nice ;-). It does seem like the m27 suffers less than ars with silencer. Almost like a long range smg with that fire rate.

tried to mimic the video and failed miserably

I dunno, with just stock you depend on enemies being horrible and you dropping them before you get shot once. With toughness and no stock you depend more on you being able to hit your shots before they hit you with enough to get a kill. I don't really see the need to discuss this, though, because you should always just run both if you are using an AR...

m27 is eh...most of the time it'll be alright, some games it will shoot snowflakes at enemies, and other games it will lasermelt them...

Jumpman_8891 posted...
The real question is why literally every AR I pick up off the ground Stock-less? Never fails.

noitrez can educate you on how most common bads do not use decent attachments on their guns

apparently I'm a special kind of bad that manages to use good attachments but still be worse than other bads etc
---
The 4 bar warrior.
#18Jumpman_8891Posted 4/2/2014 7:09:26 PM
I'd take Toughness over Stock on AR's every single time (if I had to, obviously).

Nothing like random flinch throwing your gun to the sky when you get shot. Of course, when enemies aren't using Toughness against me, it's EZ viewkick headshotz all day, m i rite? Anyway.

Toughness > Stock > Quickdraw
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#19sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 5:18:57 AM(edited)
I also find it rare to pick up an AR with a stock as well. Its usually quickdraw or suppressor that seems to get the most use. I can't believe some people need a RDS on a gun like the AN94.

I also have more questions. Are dexterity and quickdraw redundant? I know both do different things, but if you have one, do you need the other? Is overkill a needless perk? I am really enjoying my LSAT class with the Remington as a secondary. I tried to use a TAC45 in CQC but I love the Remington.

And on a side note, I gave MW3 a try last night as I was able to get it super cheap. After a few games, I've come to the conclusion that I wasted $5.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#20LivingInPapayaPosted 4/3/2014 5:33:38 AM
sbn4 posted...
I also find it rare to pick up an AR with a stock as well. Its usually quickdraw or suppressor that seems to get the most use. I can't believe some people need a RDS on a gun like the AN94.

I also have more questions. Are dexterity and quickdraw redundant? I know both do different things, but if you have one, do you need the other? Is overkill a needless perk? I am really enjoying my LSAT class with the Remington as a secondary. I tried to use a TAC45 in CQC but I love the Remington.

And on a side note, I gave MW3 a try last night as I was able to get it super cheap. After a few games, I've come to the conclusion that I wasted $5.

Dexterity and Quickdraw, actually, work in perfect tandem - you'll need them both to go from sprinting to aiming in the fastest possible time.

Overkill is a perfectly decent wildcard. It's often more useful than putting on a secondary with an attachment (also, two LMG's is a fun as heck class).

Jokes on you, I spent $90 on MW3 and I'd sooner have spent the money on a ton of alcohol to try and forget Dead Man's Hand.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick