How do you deal with these kinds of players?

#1sbn4Posted 4/14/2014 7:01:05 AM
I'm talking about people who like using riot shield, camp in a room with a single entry point, trophy system, sentries, and guardians.

Been running into this more lately in Kill Confirmed. I generally avoid them like the plague, but it doesn't stop my team-mates from constantly trying to go after them and keep getting killed. I mean, these kinds of players should be doing lousy in KC.

I usually try to drop a lightning strike on them. I managed to take out this guy's guardian and sentry with a lightning strike at the end of the game, but as I said, team-mates kept going back to revenge kill him. We won handily, but is there anyway to flat out stop them?

Oh and dumb question, but how exactly do you plant a riot shield in the ground?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2f3rtilizerPosted 4/14/2014 8:04:12 AM
To plant the riot shield just hit "RT" (the fire button).

An EMP grenade tossed at a wall near them (never into their actual room because trophy systems) will take out all their equipment. On many maps, if you put on an MMS AR, or just engineer, you can try to shoot behind the shield through the floor or walls.

Honestly, after a few EMP's, most dudes just quit the absurd camping.
---
90-2 M27 Nuclear/Triple swarm http://youtu.be/fvi62gA7Tiw
The 4 bar warrior.
#3LivingInPapayaPosted 4/14/2014 9:02:02 AM
EMP's are the obvious choice - but I find that an enclosed room full of riot shield, trophy system, target finder LMG's can be thwarted by pure gunskill like any other moppet. Think of literally any angle where you can put your shots on target without being shot - and if that doesn't work, strafejump in with a Remington and clean up before they can react.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#4sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 12:32:57 PM
Ah, I never actually thought of throwing an EMP near the area they are in. I almost always run EMPs because I hate equipment in this game. I've always wondered why I almost never see claymores in this game. BB can be avoided while claymores really can't. Yeah you can see the laser, but i figured claymores were more effective.

And as far as pure gun skill goes, it just seems like these campers have all angles covered. I was able to take down this one person who was doing this with a TF LMG because they were camping on rooftops. So the LS took care of them. I also slapped on a lightweight SMG and just rushed them, so I can see how this might work.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#5f3rtilizerPosted 4/14/2014 12:47:03 PM
Honestly, any camper using this strategy in close range is probably using a remington, so rushing them might not be a good idea -- regardless of how good your gunskill is.

If they are locking down long sightlines with a target finder LMG (such as house to house on nuketown) you can try to kill them with an M8, fal, or sniper, but only if you are really confident in your shot.

As far as bouncing betty vs claymore, claymores have a much smaller kill area and can't be thrown. You have to put much more thought into claymores, and most people who use this type of equipment arent really the types to put serious thought into the game.
---
90-2 M27 Nuclear/Triple swarm http://youtu.be/fvi62gA7Tiw
The 4 bar warrior.
#6BipBapBamPosted 4/14/2014 2:36:15 PM
emp their stuff every now and then for free points and never actually engage them
---
Cowboy Bip Bop
#7WariofanaticPosted 4/14/2014 4:39:49 PM
I just use EMP + Engineer + MK48/Target Finder.
#8Jumpman_8891Posted 4/14/2014 5:40:41 PM
Yeah, I've run into those types in KC as well.

EMP + C4 is the answer. If they're wearing Flak Jacket, they're one-shot for easy mop up.

The idiot teammates are the problem here, but you should always be taking it upon yourself to protect them from themselves. I look at it like a shepherd leading his sheep through a minefield.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#9TheRisingSonPosted 4/15/2014 8:44:54 PM
There's an easy solution to this. MMS + smoke grenade. Toss the smoke grenade close to the entrance, get a bead on their location and then HEAD SHOT!
#10TheRisingSonPosted 4/15/2014 8:45:52 PM
Jumpman_8891 posted...
I look at it like a shepherd leading his sheep through a minefield.

LOL that's exactly what it feels like when a little over half of my matches I'm teamed up with seemingly brain dead randoms.