Holy hell. After not playing online for a while and coming back...

#1mega_spitPosted 4/24/2014 12:23:32 AM
...This game has been completely dominated by quickscopers. It's extremely rare that I get into a match where both teams aren't entirely made up of them. Is this just bad luck or has the game really degenerated into this?
#2LivingInPapayaPosted 4/24/2014 3:17:45 AM
avoiding the usual comment... for now

The game's degenerated into this, I'm afraid. Fertilizer says that by playing with the DLC off you avoid a lot of them - but I'm heavily inclined to disagree.

Basically... you'll have to deal.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#3cifer520Posted 4/24/2014 5:00:24 AM
How long have you been gone? It's been like this for a while, months before Ghosts was released. It probably has something to do with the DSR being the best sniper rifle in the whole series.
#4sbn4Posted 4/24/2014 5:11:46 AM(edited)
Pretty much. I'm running into all sorts of snipers. Those who run around acting like their snipers are shotguns, CoD4 like snipers (sitting in corners with equipment surrounding them), trick shotters, fast hands B23 snipers, and those who just spray their snipers at all ranges like idiots. And literally every single one of my deaths are complete BS. How the EFF does a sniper get a quick scope on me when I'm head glitching with an LMG?

What's funny? The amount of them that play the objective, whether it be Domination or KC, is the same amount of times I've had a near death experience (which is once). I am completely convinced these nuisances are here just to be a bane on the community and nothing else. When I ready up and I see a bunch of sniper models spawning around me, I know we are going to lose. I roll my eyes when someone gets a sniper kill 5 feet away and runs the other direction of the tag.

These players need to go away. I really hope Vonderhaar doesn't cater to these "players" again in the next Treyarch game.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#5XLegionDoom420XPosted 4/24/2014 2:29:39 PM
What's that, you don't like my XxMLG420N0sk0p3zzZzZ? But everyone under 12 does it!
---
If you are a Jedi and 100% proud of it then put this in your signature.
#6mega_spit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 8:41:43 PM
It's not even that these guys are overpowered or anything. The majority of the time they go negative or barely scrape even. It's still annoying to get killed by one bullet from across the field that simply locked onto your head, though, no matter how badly they do overall.

That, and it kills any shred of originality that comes with a game having multiple classes and causes every single match to be the same repetitive boring chore of flanking behind the pile of tactical inserts, mowing them down, switching spawns, and repeating.
#7LivingInPapayaPosted 4/25/2014 3:04:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWtYNP_VaV4

There are always people worse than quickscopers.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#8sbn4Posted 4/25/2014 4:48:43 AM
^Wait what was that? You didn't even get hitmarkers.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#9LivingInPapayaPosted 4/25/2014 6:16:02 AM
sbn4 posted...
^Wait what was that? You didn't even get hitmarkers.

I don't like to throw around hackusations but I think he might have been cheating.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#10NerpraptorPosted 4/30/2014 4:27:50 PM
CoD is the only game where the players with the assault rifles sit in one room that they never move out of and the snipers run around the map... Feels like the total wrong way around.
---
What do you mean I ain't kind?
I'm just not your kind!