This game makes other CoDs unplayable...

#1sbn4Posted 4/27/2014 12:35:23 AM
Unplayable might be stretching it, but they don't seem as fluid. I recently tried MW3 again, and aside from it being an abysmal game all around, the pacing feels slow and sluggish. Not just the amount of corner hugging losers there are in the game, but the aiming and movement don't feel as fluid as they do in BO2.

MW2 is in a similar boat. That game is unplayable because of all the BS in that game for me. And the flinch is ridiculous. Even BO1, which I liked quiet a bit feels slow and not as fun. When I tried to mantle over something and it took my character like a day to do it, I was missing BO2. The Ghost perk really hurts that game though. I think stock, dexterity, and quickly mantling over things have spoiled me in this game. I'm aware MW3 had the same movement perks, but the game still didn't feel as fluid.

Anyone else feel this way?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2LivingInPapayaPosted 4/27/2014 1:43:56 AM
Yeah. It's partly just the difficulty adjusting, and even the slight changes can be incredibly jarring.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#3flame030191Posted 4/27/2014 11:02:11 AM
This game and the other CoD games have one major thing making adjusting between near impossible. The other CoD games, generally, have much better hit detection. This game doesn't require you to hit your target because that's not actually where their hit box is thanks to an issue with the engine making it drag behind the player models. I'm wondering if they were trying to make it to where you needed to lead your shots and somehow it fell apart, but it seems like a major oversight that forces anyone who can do well at the other games to do terribly in this game and vice versa. The only exception, of course, is if you come in knowing what to expect, but that is much easier said than done.
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
www.facebook.com/ThatGuyGaming91
#4Jumpman_8891Posted 4/27/2014 4:10:28 PM
The aiming in Blops 2 definitely feels more fluid and spot on than some of the other CoD's, that's for sure.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#5sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 4:23:04 PM
I tried replaying MW2 just recently. I have no idea why many Youtubers say this game is fast paced and catered to rushers. I spent a good 90 seconds in Quarry without seeing someone. And the game is still super lame (filled with M203 spam, commando lunges, slow gameplay, etc). I also cannot do as well with an MP5K rushing than I do playing cautiously with an AR.

Going between this and MW2 is day and night. I'll deal with crappy hit detection and BS over dealing with anything from MW2. I literally made it past three minutes before I had to turn off the game. Three kill cams within a kill came within three minutes of themselves is unacceptable.
---
#6LivingInPapayaPosted 4/27/2014 6:28:59 PM
sbn4 posted...
I tried replaying MW2 just recently. I have no idea why many Youtubers say this game is fast paced and catered to rushers. I spent a good 90 seconds in Quarry without seeing someone. And the game is still super lame (filled with M203 spam, commando lunges, slow gameplay, etc). I also cannot do as well with an MP5K rushing than I do playing cautiously with an AR.

Going between this and MW2 is day and night. I'll deal with crappy hit detection and BS over dealing with anything from MW2. I literally made it past three minutes before I had to turn off the game. Three kill cams within a kill came within three minutes of themselves is unacceptable.

I don't mind MW2, even today, but I feel like I have to camp and be lucky enough to not play against a OMA/Danger Close user. Quickscoping is still there, but it's less engregious 'cause the weapons kill so quickly that quickscoping isn't quuiiite as obnoxious.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick
#7sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 9:50:45 PM
I have no idea why I hate it so much then. I tried giving it an honest shot as the games was less than 6 dollars. But I get so annoyed with it so quickly. I don't know if I'm missing something or do you have to just play cautiously all the time? I like running around with the MP5K and SPAS12.

I know I don't like most of the maps. And I find it very difficult to flank players because most people love to camp lines of site. I had a BO2 moment in the game where I shot someone with a SPAS12, got a hitmarker and he quick scoped me. I just ejected the game after that because I had 4-5 straight BS deaths in a row.

I want to give the game one more shot. You have any thoughts on some class setups to make the game less aggravating Vanessa?
---
#8f3rtilizerPosted 4/27/2014 9:52:03 PM
sbn4 posted...
I have no idea why I hate it so much then. I tried giving it an honest shot as the games was less than 6 dollars. But I get so annoyed with it so quickly. I don't know if I'm missing something or do you have to just play cautiously all the time? I like running around with the MP5K and SPAS12.

I know I don't like most of the maps. And I find it very difficult to flank players because most people love to camp lines of site. I had a BO2 moment in the game where I shot someone with a SPAS12, got a hitmarker and he quick scoped me. I just ejected the game after that because I had 4-5 straight BS deaths in a row.

I want to give the game one more shot. You have any thoughts on some class setups to make the game less aggravating Vanessa?

as someone who has only played that game for about an hour
oma
dc
commando
ACR/FAL
claymores
---
90-2 M27 Nuclear/Triple swarm http://youtu.be/fvi62gA7Tiw
The 4 bar warrior.
#9flame030191Posted 4/27/2014 9:56:48 PM
f3rtilizer posted...
sbn4 posted...

as someone who has only played that game for about an hour
oma
dc
commando
ACR/FAL
claymores

The ACR and FAL weren't ever gripes of mine in that game. Claymores weren't that bad, either, unless they had Danger Close.

I did also hate Scavenger. Bags everywhere all the time that replenish a clip of ammo for everything you have as well as a lethal and tactical for each bag collected.
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
www.facebook.com/ThatGuyGaming91
#10LivingInPapayaPosted 4/27/2014 10:47:54 PM
sbn4 posted...

A silenced UMP is nice - keep your backup weapon a pistol or SPAS-12.

I like to camp. Not in corners like a little b****, just hang around one area of the map and nurse your streaks.
Something that's always fun is Harrier-Chopper-Nuke.

In MW2, almost everything is overpowered. It's almost comical. Keep getting Danger Close'd or LMC'd? Do it right back! Quickscope until you forget how to snipe! Abuse claymores with Scavenger!

And don't use the Blast Shield. I've tried it, it doesn't work.
---
The One Bar Warrior.
GT - Vanessa Magick