3arc logic

#11flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 2:23:39 PM
I have no idea why but your post just made me think of the Angry German Kid...
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
www.facebook.com/ThatGuyGaming91
#12BipBapBamPosted 5/8/2014 3:53:45 PM
i hate that ski lift i never go a match on that map without dying to it at least 3 times

it was so much worse in snd too >______________>
---
Cowboy Bip Bop
#13LivingInPapayaPosted 5/8/2014 4:19:09 PM
BipBapBam posted...
i hate that ski lift i never go a match on that map without dying to it at least 3 times

it was so much worse in snd too >______________>

I can honestly say that I've lured other people into those things on SND more than once.
---
"The more wangs the better!" -LivingInPapaya
GT - Vanessa Magick
#14WorstSniperEverPosted 5/8/2014 4:24:53 PM
flame030191 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/M703oi9.jpg

I lol'd

<_<

>_>

What? It's a funny picture.
---
COD, FIFA, Battlefield, and Titanfall forums: http://www.completegaming.net/forums/forum.php
Come sign-up, and join us for some games!
#15Jumpman_8891Posted 5/8/2014 4:53:45 PM
LivingInPapaya posted...
The ski-lift thing is kind of comical, but the whole point is moot.

We get it. Call of Duty isn't realistic. If you want to be in a realistic war, get a gun and hunt the cops or something.

Fun fact about real warfare: it isn't fun, it isn't balanced, and it isn't easy. Any game developer with half a brain knows that realism doesn't equal fun.

Realism can add immersion, little details that make you feel so much more absorbed into the experience. But simply making a game realistic isn't fun. Imagine if falling ten feet broke your legs and stopped you from walking for the rest of the game. Imagine if copping one bullet in TDM downed you, like in Second Chance without being able to weapon, with all your character being able to do is roll around in agony and scream. Imagine that every time you get killed, your stats reset and you need to start all over. Amusing, briefly, maybe - but if this game was 'realistic', it just wouldn't be fun.

A "willing suspension of disbelief" is a must for almost any work of fiction. There are certain elements of story or gameplay where realism would simply make a work tedious, difficult, or confusing for the audience. Thus there are ways in which works will be blatantly, unabashedly unrealistic, and nobody really minds.

It's important to allow acceptable breaks from reality - that is, a lot of them because a considerable amount of video games involve stuff that might be harrowing, terrifying, or downright impossible for any normal human being - but that's okay, because it's a video game. If video games were just like real life, nobody would play them for escapism. The whole point of a video game is that it isn't like real life. So you couldn't dive out a first-story window and stand straight back up. Does that mean we can't pretend to in a game?

TL;DR Flame sucks so much d*** he now breathes spunk instead of air.

*slow clap*
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#16sbn4Posted 5/8/2014 5:09:57 PM
As someone who has served, I can vouche for what Vanessa says. Real war is not fun. There is actually a lot of paperwork. Imagine the perks you would need to get through it all. 0_0
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#17startedONatariPosted 5/8/2014 7:40:56 PM
sbn4 posted...
As someone who has served, I can vouche for what Vanessa says. Real war is not fun. There is actually a lot of paperwork. Imagine the perks you would need to get through it all. 0_0

vouche. lmao! x)
#18Silver17Posted 5/9/2014 4:48:46 AM
I've died a total of 2 times from the ski lift on that map.

One time was intentional trying the map out for the first time in a private match.

The other time was me being stupid, and then stopped playing for the day since I was embarrassed and pissed about dying from something that tops off at 2mph. <_<

IDK, I just don't get how people die constantly from that thing...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
#19CmoIsDaNam3Posted 5/9/2014 4:16:44 PM
I honestly found this funny. No idea why the hate. :P
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI