Splitscreening is really frowned upon???

#1darthdaddy81Posted 6/12/2014 4:24:56 PM
So my wife and I have been splitscreening since release. I will happily admit she's better than me, we typically own every map and we've been getting some hilarious hate mail for doing so. I'm wondering why all the hate?
#2PancakeLolPosted 6/12/2014 6:11:47 PM
LOL, I honestly dont know why but I recieve hate mail too!
#3StraydoGPosted 6/12/2014 8:58:33 PM(edited)
Usually because one of the spilters goes 2-19 or both of them are quite bad. Basically feeds the other team score streaks and you have to suffer for it. You have to learn somewhere though, how do we solve that?
#4moon718Posted 6/13/2014 6:26:04 AM
StraydoG posted...
Usually because one of the spilters goes 2-19 or both of them are quite bad. Basically feeds the other team score streaks and you have to suffer for it. You have to learn somewhere though, how do we solve that?

I think this seems to sum up the attitude that many people have towards split-screen players. Most people moan and groan when they see split-screeners in the lobby, because there is the assumption that both players will do badly - generally with one player doing far worse than the other. I don't think it has to do with the fact that you two are split-screening - they're just pissed because they lost, and probably *expected* you guys to provide them with an easy win.

I admire and respect you and your wife for doing well in this game, albeit with a limited field of vision lol. I play Core TDM with a boyfriend/girlfriend split-screen team from time to time, and they're also pretty good. It helps that they are super cool, which makes gameplay even more enjoyable.

No matter how you play the game, you are going to piss someone off and generate hate mail. I stroll around the map with a Dual Band MK48, and even that angers people.
#5kingbahamut83Posted 6/15/2014 1:42:14 AM
I think some believe that you should just buy a second Xbox for the second player instead of splitscreening. Most of the time I see the guest do better or both doing super horrible. Now I usually back out when I see them unless I get put in a match in progress.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#6SevenDayCandlerPosted 6/15/2014 10:25:28 AM
9/10 they go 5-30 in a game.
---
Call of Duty: Ghosts:
Where tea-bagging a corpse is powerful enough to end a 20ish gunstreak. - WorstSniperEver
#7WorstSniperEverPosted 6/15/2014 7:01:43 PM
Having only half of the screen as your field of vision can really throw some people off of their game. I've split-screened with a buddy online before and split-screen offline with my girlfriend against bots - there is always a noticeable difference in my performance between full and half screen.

In MW3 I tend to rush with a UMP; but if I'm split-screening I'll take a more defensive roll with a Scar. Rushing in split-screen only gets me killed.
---
http://www.completegaming.net/forums/forum.php --- Come hang out with us!
ITT: WorstSniper is mad that he's spastic - flame030191
#8weezygdPosted 6/16/2014 3:25:40 PM
People are mad others have wives and girlfriends in real life that want to play and have fun, while their social life exists on the Internet.
---
Gamefaqs logic: I'm "bad" if I disagree with your opinion.
#9PancakeLolPosted 6/20/2014 9:54:08 AM
weezygd posted...
People are mad others have wives and girlfriends in real life that want to play and have fun, while their social life exists on the Internet.

---
http://youtu.be/rNwjbRh5j4g
#10dr_zombergPosted 7/2/2014 3:26:59 PM
it doesnt make me angry, but just uncomfortable. 9 times out of 10 the splitscreeners are downright terrible. sometimes its even the same guy using two controllers (as said so by themselves when they have a headset). which potentially gives the enemy a free kill on the idle character, and naturally, prevents and actual player from joining, effectively making the game 6 v 5.
---
GT: Titanic Toddler PSN: KRISHANKO
Most recently purchased game: psychonauts, xbox