Splitscreening is really frowned upon???

#21dragnslayer573Posted 7/15/2014 6:31:26 PM
moon718 posted...
StraydoG posted...
Usually because one of the spilters goes 2-19 or both of them are quite bad. Basically feeds the other team score streaks and you have to suffer for it. You have to learn somewhere though, how do we solve that?

I think this seems to sum up the attitude that many people have towards split-screen players. Most people moan and groan when they see split-screeners in the lobby, because there is the assumption that both players will do badly - generally with one player doing far worse than the other. I don't think it has to do with the fact that you two are split-screening - they're just pissed because they lost, and probably *expected* you guys to provide them with an easy win.

I admire and respect you and your wife for doing well in this game, albeit with a limited field of vision lol. I play Core TDM with a boyfriend/girlfriend split-screen team from time to time, and they're also pretty good. It helps that they are super cool, which makes gameplay even more enjoyable.

No matter how you play the game, you are going to piss someone off and generate hate mail. I stroll around the map with a Dual Band MK48, and even that angers people.

story of my life when i play MW3 with my friend, i don't like playing war games that much, i'm more into RPGs but when i play a game online with him (at his house i don't have Xbox live) i suck, i act like i'm a noob, well what can i say, when people play they are out for blood, i just want to have a good time.
---
In the end, we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away, for the time I've been given, I am what I am.
#22Doktor_KaboomPosted 7/16/2014 8:34:27 AM
Just came out of retirement and tested out split screen and it didn't mess up my game a bit. The wife even had a few 10-1, 15-3 type games mixed in as well.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#23moon718Posted 7/16/2014 8:40:23 AM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
Just came out of retirement and tested out split screen and it didn't mess up my game a bit. The wife even had a few 10-1, 15-3 type games mixed in as well.

Good playing with you two last night. I'll be on later this evening if you folks plan to play. Hope you got the microphone issues worked out.
#24Doktor_KaboomPosted 7/16/2014 8:48:12 AM
moon718 posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...

Good playing with you two last night. I'll be on later this evening if you folks plan to play. Hope you got the microphone issues worked out.

We'll probably be on. I think maybe one of the USB ports on the xbox is busted or maybe having 2 sets plugged in doesn't work for some reason. We'll try to get it fixed.

It was good playing with you too.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#25WorstSniperEverPosted 7/16/2014 1:10:48 PM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...

Messes up my game a s*** ton.

:(
---
http://www.completegaming.net/forums/forum.php --- Come hang out with us!
ITT: WorstSniper is mad that he's spastic - flame030191
#26HamJabroniPosted 7/16/2014 3:37:30 PM
WorstSniperEver posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...

Errr how? I've SCed a few times, and I don't notice much of a difference
---
"People die if they are killed."
-Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night)
#27WorstSniperEverPosted 7/16/2014 4:56:35 PM
HamJabroni posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...

I have no idea. Basically, here's what happens:

Sniper plays MW3 Dom and rushes with the UMP.

By himself? Two-to-three Advanced UAV's a game, top of the scoreboard. Even if he's not at the top, he's second or third.

Split-screening? Bottom of the scoreboard, if he's lucky - and usually not even a single Advanced UAV despite it being Support.

Having only half of the screen makes me worthless.
---
http://www.completegaming.net/forums/forum.php --- Come hang out with us!
ITT: WorstSniper is mad that he's spastic - flame030191
#28StraydoGPosted 7/16/2014 5:54:11 PM
Last night was a good example, playing TDM. I was not paying attention to the scoreboard because I was on a roll. When the match ended I was certain we won but lost 54-75. I had achieved half of our team score by myself and of course the split screeners were on the bottom feeding the enemy.

There is the odd time theres good SS players, a few weeks back saw a pair playing Domination that were generally the top scorers of the team, really effective.

Bring on SS only lobbies! lol get rid of them that way.
#29weezygdPosted 7/16/2014 10:00:52 PM
Keeping your wife happy>>>>>>>>keeping random people on Xbox Live happy.
---
Gamefaqs logic: I'm "bad" if I disagree with your opinion.
#30HamJabroniPosted 7/16/2014 10:49:19 PM
HamJabroni posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...

I have no idea. Basically, here's what happens:

Sniper plays MW3 Dom and rushes with the UMP.

By himself? Two-to-three Advanced UAV's a game, top of the scoreboard. Even if he's not at the top, he's second or third.

Split-screening? Bottom of the scoreboard, if he's lucky - and usually not even a single Advanced UAV despite it being Support.

Having only half of the screen makes me worthless.

Half the screen=Half the performance?

I wonder what'll happen if you upgrade your TV size
---
"People die if they are killed."
-Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night)