How can I raise my SPM?

#1StraydoGPosted 7/13/2014 2:07:50 PM
Domination... Sitting stable at 484. 7000 kills, 3000 deaths, 1500 caps, 1000 defends.

Now there is a few things I do NOT want to do, that being tact insert quickscoping, just no. The other Im not going to throw EMPs everywhere (only for my engineer class). I have alot of aggression medals, prehaps going for more of those?
#2using_printerPosted 7/13/2014 4:41:21 PM
I don't know. I don't understand score per minute. I always focus on K/D. That's how matchmaking is decided anyway, in every mode, every time.

I've had 1200 SPM games when we're losing, because I'll bump the flag, kill 3 people and get 600 pts, and then 800 if I manage a capture, within 10 seconds. And since we never control a the B flag, I can do this over and over. But if we win big by locking them down, my SPM will be low because the game drags on and there isn't any one to kill, or I've gotten too many 25 pt kills with HS & LS streaks.

So, as I said, I focus on K/D.

Here're my stats for Domination (pretty much all solo groundwar):

360 SPM
37,262 Kills
17,820 Deaths
4397 Captures
4135 Defends
1.02 Win %

My SPM is WEAK. Yet, my SPM in TDM is 440 with a 2.30 K/D. So, basically, I couldn't tell you how.
#3Undy_BPosted 7/13/2014 5:00:58 PM
Rush, triple cap, kill things, don't die.
Proof: has 760spm
---
BADBearGaming
#4niquidsnakePosted 7/13/2014 5:14:34 PM
Git gud.
---
Official Drake Sword
#5StraydoG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 7:02:43 PM
Printer - To be honest I am really after a win more than anything, maybe should not care so much. Sitting at 1.3X win ratio at the moment. Its got to be the hardest mode to get a good win ratio since 50% of the team generally does not play the objective.

Undy - So your flipping spawns constantly to capture flags and kill?

Snake - Wow, so helpful. What a douche.
#6Undy_BPosted 7/13/2014 9:32:33 PM
StraydoG posted...

Pretty much.
Honestly, once your main focus of the game is to just min/max SPM then you realize that getting kills is just secondary. Course, you gotta be good enough to play the obj well to just rush into enemy flags over and over and cap them without dying.

idk what else to really tell you. if you want a high SPM you pretty much should always be moving around the map. also use support streaks. every point matters.

add me if you want to play sometime. gt in sig
---
BADBearGaming
#7moon718Posted 7/17/2014 7:07:21 PM
Some things that I have found to increase Domination SPM:

- Run scorestreaks that give you lots of assist points, like UAV, CUAV, and Orbital. If you're playing the objective and/or killing enemy personnel, these streaks can recycle themselves. Use Hardline to get you to that VSAT more quickly.

- In addition to capturing Dom points, defending flags and killing enemy personnel while capturing helps a lot.

- Teams spam UAV's and CUAV's a lot (at least in the Domination matches I've played), so pack a Stinger missile and keep shooting them down for an easy 175 points per missile.

- When enemy personnel set up Guardians or Sentry guns, take em out with EMP grenades for more easy points. You mentioned that you don't like spamming them, but keep an EMP class handy for when the streaks come out.

- Overall, stay mobile, because you want to be doing *something* to earn points.
---
GT: Father Moon B
#8SevenDayCandlerPosted 7/17/2014 8:37:14 PM
Undy_B posted...
StraydoG posted...

Pretty much.
Honestly, once your main focus of the game is to just min/max SPM then you realize that getting kills is just secondary. Course, you gotta be good enough to play the obj well to just rush into enemy flags over and over and cap them without dying.

idk what else to really tell you. if you want a high SPM you pretty much should always be moving around the map. also use support streaks. every point matters.

add me if you want to play sometime. gt in sig

Can confirm the beastlyness.
---
Call of Duty: Ghosts:
Where tea-bagging a corpse is powerful enough to end a 20ish gunstreak. - WorstSniperEver
#9using_printerPosted 7/18/2014 6:15:57 PM
I was think about this post again.

Let's say a game gets over in 600 seconds. You have 20 gun kills, and 5 deaths. That's 400 spm.

Let's say a game gets over in 600 seconds. You have 18 gun kills, and 3 deaths. That's 360 spm. BUT you have 10 vsat assists, 10 UAV assists, and 10 CUAV assists. That's 378 score per minute.

Or, in a 600 second game, you could have 14 (1400) gun kills, 10 UAV assists (100), and 6 Lightning Strike kills (150) and 6 Hellstorm kills (150), and 0 deaths. That's 26-0 but only 370 spm.

Which of these is the best? It seems to me that each one of these types of players could be more valuable in different games, depending on who your teammates are, and what streaks they're running.
#10Undy_BPosted 7/20/2014 12:59:07 PM
using_printer posted...
I was think about this post again.

Let's say a game gets over in 600 seconds. You have 20 gun kills, and 5 deaths. That's 400 spm.

Let's say a game gets over in 600 seconds. You have 18 gun kills, and 3 deaths. That's 360 spm. BUT you have 10 vsat assists, 10 UAV assists, and 10 CUAV assists. That's 378 score per minute.

Or, in a 600 second game, you could have 14 (1400) gun kills, 10 UAV assists (100), and 6 Lightning Strike kills (150) and 6 Hellstorm kills (150), and 0 deaths. That's 26-0 but only 370 spm.

Which of these is the best? It seems to me that each one of these types of players could be more valuable in different games, depending on who your teammates are, and what streaks they're running.

There isn't necessarily a "best" out of these since you're right, it certainly depends on the current game and is situational. Generally the one with the highest SPM was most beneficial to the team (more caps, assists, streak assists, etc.). But while there's one guy putting up useful uav/cuav/vsats up, there might be the guy who gets the clutch game turning lightning strike on B. Depends

If you want me to get really detailed there's different "roles" that should be fulfilled if you're playing squad vs squad (tryhards vs tryhards), kinda like in sports (forwards, defenders, etc.) and usually the team that has the better combinations win, not just best players.

I think ima make a whole topic about domination/ground war guide lol, one sec
---
BADBearGaming