best way to counter sniping/quick scoping

#1ningtangPosted 7/14/2014 5:41:21 AM
Just came back to the game after about 6 months... Seems to be more snipers in general than before. Found some topics about snipers but not specific ways to counter... loadouts, perks, general tactics. Not doing well when there are lots of snipers on the opposing team, so I need to change up. Thoughts?
#2moon718Posted 7/14/2014 6:03:18 AM
ningtang posted...
Just came back to the game after about 6 months... Seems to be more snipers in general than before. Found some topics about snipers but not specific ways to counter... loadouts, perks, general tactics. Not doing well when there are lots of snipers on the opposing team, so I need to change up. Thoughts?

I find that using smoke with a Stock + Dual Band LMG (my fave is the MK48) seems to really piss off snipers. They either quit or send hate mail. It's hilarious seeing like a party of 3 (out of 5 or 6) rage quit after maybe 1 or 2 minutes of gameplay where they are losing. Sometimes, they switch to SMG or assault rifle classes.

A few general tactics I use:

- Always throw smoke as an opening move. Snipers like to rush to their spot and scope in, and I almost always get at least a First Blood with a Double Kill on maps like Raid, Studio, Encore, and Slums.

- Use EMP grenades in conjunction with Engineer (and the Tactician wildcard), as many of these snipers rely on Tac Inserts to stay where the action is. You get free points towards your streaks, and you throw a damper on their play style.

- Run team oriented scorestreaks like UAV, CUAV, and Orbital (or Lightning Strike, if it's harder for you to get a VSAT) to give your teammates an edge in finding and killing enemy snipers.

- Many of my friends rush and flank snipers with with Stock + SMG or assault rifle classes, and also do really well against snipers when we team up. Some of my friends even switch to their own DSR/Ballista classes and rain havoc on the enemy snipers.

- If you can, try to play with friends (even one other competent teammate can make a big difference). Coordinating your movements, calling out locations of enemy snipers, and setting up complementary scorestreaks helps a lot.

Sniping has most definitely become a popular style of gameplay, but there are definitely methods to counter it.
#3EdwardDarkstarPosted 7/14/2014 6:41:04 AM
Use the riot shield.
Have it on your back and it'll prevent you from getting sniped from your rear. Yet amazingly most quickscopers are stupid enough to keep shooting your shield as if it's doing anything.
---
GT: EdwardDarkstar
Be afraid, be very afraid of the Dark.
#4MCcakePosted 7/14/2014 8:51:27 AM
I flank them with Ballistic Knives and c4, since most quickscopers only run 3 perks they usually don't have Flak Jacket.
---
3DS FC:4570-8680-3113/Pepper
msg me if you add me(and say why) or I won't know you exist!
#5PancakeThe2ndPosted 7/14/2014 11:10:03 AM
Double C4
Smoke
Rpg
Fast hands
Light weight or Flak jacket
Marathon
#6dr_zombergPosted 7/14/2014 2:42:05 PM
shoot first.
problem solved.
---
GT: Titanic Toddler PSN: KRISHANKO
Most recently purchased game: Rez, ps2
#7DeWan47Posted 7/17/2014 1:51:28 PM
As one of said quickscopers, I would say the best way to counter them is to:
Dropshot
Flash
Hope they miss
you can try c4 if they don't have flak jacket

Hope this helps
---
A real soldier can only be crafted with two ingredients: Mud and Blood
#8Silver17Posted 7/18/2014 6:17:44 AM
Make sure that you are running stock (especially on your ARs).

Smoke & EMP spam helps a lot too since they rarely run Hard Wired for the latter.

If you are playing "Search", use EMP and rush kill when they are dazed...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
#9ningtang(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 4:37:58 AM
Thanks for the tips...

Will try using flashes... have always used emp, will try it next time Nuketown comes up!