BADBearGaming's Domination/Ground War Analysis Guide

#1Undy_BPosted 7/20/2014 2:37:16 PM
Decided to make a topic compiling everything I've learned from playing only Ground War Domination and 6v6 Dom.
Going to break up my post into multiple parts:
1) How to read stats
2) How to read the lobby leader boards
3) Parties vs parties
4) Team roles when against tryhards

~~~~ How to read a person's stats ~~~~

As we all should know, it's a combination of 3 stats: K/D W/L and SPM.

[Score Per Minute]
0-100 Dead Weight: can't get at least one kill every minute, really?
100-200 Very Slow Player: still not contributing towards the team at all, mostly useless.
200-300 Below Average: easy to take out but might get a lucky shot on you or kill you from behind.
300-400 Average Joe: his name's probably Joe.
400-500 Above Average Player: has a sense of the game and actually moves around the map (most of the time).
500-600 Good Player: Plays the objective and actually does it well. Usually one 500 can take on a team of 6 300s.
600-700 Great Player: Should be a threat to you in the lobby. Usually can carry a team solo granted they aren't all dead weights.
700-800 Strong Player: Game changer for a team (though so are 500+'s). Most likely runs support streaks and plays obj. well.
800+ Rare Player: If you find a legit one (not boosted, k/d and w/l match their spm strength) these guys are ridiculous.

[Kill Death Ratio]
<1.0 Bad Player: I'm sorry. Not to sound harsh but you have no thumbs.
1.0-1.5 Average Player: They play the game and shoot stuff.
1.5-2.0 Annoying Player: I personally find this range of players to be the most annoying. Either too campy or unpredictably aggressive.
2.0-2.5 Good Player: Not much more to ask for, a 2k/d is good in my book (ignoring w/l and spm anyway).
2.5-3.0 Great Player: Should be a threat to you in the lobby, obviously knows what they're doing.
3.0-3.5 Strong Player: Same as above only more so.

[Win Loss]
-Low W/L (<1.0) but high SPM/KD is sign of a player who either 1) Dashboards 2) Backs out a lot or 3) Runs solo frequently. He's still a game changing threat but will probably dashboard or leave the game if not doing well.
-High W/L (over ~10) with a high SPM/KD is a sign of a player who 1) Only plays in a party and 2) Cherry picks the hell out of lobbies (are scared of tryhards). Most of the time when you run into somebody with a ridiculous like this, they usually only run in big parties and dashboard a lot. These guys are usually worse since they're inexperienced towards actual competition.
-People will have win loss ratios of all kinds but only the above combinations are red flags regarding W/L.

[K/D and SPM Combined]
-Low K/D Low SPM Garbage Player: Sorry, but you smell. Please don't be on my team.
-High K/D Low SPM Campy Player: it shows you don't move around the map or play the objective at all. imo, if you have above a 2 k/d you should at least around a 450 SPM. Anything less means you'd get slaughtered against real players. Stop camping for your loadstar and play the game!
-Decent K/D High SPM Great Player: most likely always playing the obj. and contributing to the team. The reason I didn't put "low" k/d high spm is because it's a rare combination to have. Usually people with 500+ SPMs don't have <1.25 k/ds. The more of these players on your team, the better.
-High K/D High SPM Strong Player: Able to rush and play the objective while maintaining their k/d, not bad.

*The relationship between K/D and SPM is the best variable to measure how good a player is than any other stat alone. Remember: Win Loss doesn't give much information except in the extreme cases or outliers above.
---
BADBearGaming
#2Undy_B(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 2:37:36 PM
~~~How to read the lobby leaderboard~~~

-The general rule of thumb is that the team with highest average SPM combined usually wins (with the assumption that higher the SPM also means higher the k/d).

-You're as good as your weakest player.
Deadweights usually have a bigger effect on the game than star players do. They're just that bad. It won't matter if you somehow manage to do well and put up streaks while capping flags vs a party of 6 when your deadweight teammates gives them the vsat to change the tide of the game. You just never know.

-Masters Rank League Play players are harder to read when it comes to stats. Since the combat record combines both pubs and LP, it's harder to accurately predict how good a person is. I'll never forget getting my butt kicked by a party of 3 with 1.25 k/ds but all were masters rank.

-The weekly stats filter is the best measurement and also alleviates the league play problem. You can find the persons current SPM and also K/D in the weekly LL for Dom.

-The team with the most 500+ players is favored to win. 500 SPM is a good cut off to tell if a person will have any real influence in the outcome of a game. This point especially comes into play when parties face each other. Going to go more into this now:

~~~ Parties vs Parties ~~~

Or in other words, tryhards and pubstars facing each other. Usually this is how it works: the squad with the most people usually wins. But of course it's not just quantity but quality. When comparing squads, the idea is to just cancel each other out and see what you have left.

-Example 1
Team A consists of 3 500's, and 1 600.
Team B consists of 1 400, 2 500's, and 1 600.

Team B is favored to win.

-Example 2
Team A consists of 9 300's.
Team B consists of 2 700's.

Team B is expected to win.

-Example 3
Team A has 2 700's, 1 600, and 2 500's.
Team B has 1 700, 1 600, and 3 500's.

Team A is favored to win.

And so on...
It's a little bit harder when it comes to uneven teams with varying stats.

-Example 4
Team A has 1 800, 2 700's and 1 600.
Team B has 1 600 and 5 500's.

While Team A has better players, team B simply out numbers them and is most likely to win.

Again, 500+ SPM players are enough to be game changing. When it comes to tryhards facing each other, the team with the most 500+'s usually win since they have an easier time control the map/spawns and less fodder on their team (randoms).

If a team is evenly matched (5 600's vs 5 600's), some big factors that change the game are 1) which team has the most deadweights 2) which scumbag team is using tac inserts. And 3) which team has an even role distribution. I'll go more into this next.
---
BADBearGaming
#3Undy_B(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 2:50:37 PM(edited)
~~~ Team roles when against tryhards ~~~

When playing vs other parties you should have the mindset that there are different roles people on your team have. Like in sports where there are forwards, defenders, etc. there are certain roles in a team that when filled can really control games.

Back to the 5 500 players vs 5 500 players example... they are both statistically evenly matched. And lets assume so are the randoms on the team and nobody is using tac inserts. The team with a good balance of roles is most likely to win.

For example, a team of 5 rushers isn't as good as a team of 3 rushers and 2 who play a little more conservative. The team with the 2 laid back guys can better defend A or C and middle map, as well as catch the other team's rushers off guard ending their streaks.

Which brings me to my next point: streak distribution. Ideally, you want a couple people who always brings up the support streaks. Constant UAV and even CUAV is invaluable. But also, you want somebody going for lightning strikes or hellstorms, which are great at removing people set up somewhere or pushing/defending B. Even a sentry gun is a great distraction, even if only for a minute cause lolEMPs.

Personally, I always run UAV/CUAV/VSAT but I switch to UAV/HunterKIller/CUAV when vs tryhards. I don't expect to get the vsat too often vs good tryhards and value consistent hunter killers more than possible vsat's (although vsats certainly ARE game turners). Still, the hunter killer is great cause it's cheap and may kill someone off their own vsat or someone capping a flag. Best offensive streak in my opinion.

Ideal Streaks
These are the best combinations when facing tryhards imo but I suppose use whatever you can get.
uav/cuav/vsat
uav/hunter killer/vsat
uav/lightning/vsat
uav/cuav/lightning
uav or cuav/hellstorm/lightning
hellstorm/lightning/sentry

Roles
SMG rushers: somebody that pushes into their spawn a lot and causes distraction.
AR rushers: pushes out but mainly controls mid map keeping an eye on B.
Control: Usually the one headglitching at B with the M8A1. Annoying and cheap as hell but works sadly.
Lame LMG: hate to say it but in tryhard vs tryhard games, one LMG user does change things. They piss off the other team so much and you waste resources [time/players/strat] to remove them when posted up.
Conservative players: a party needs to have at least one or two of them since they can kill off the other team's rushers and are most likely to get the vsat for the team.
Randoms: their role should be shooting down streaks in the air which is how they'll be most useful... but they never do.

General obvious stuff
- when facing a party USE FLAK JACKET!
- also I've found having one Cold Blooded class is handy vs annoying EMP tossers.

End
Well I think that's everything, thanks if you bothered reading! Hopefully you got something out of this. Good luck!

Feel free to add me, always looking for other people to play with. gt in sig.
---
BADBearGaming
#4PancakeThe2ndPosted 7/21/2014 2:12:42 AM

I don't expect to get the vsat too often vs good tryhards

Um, wtf is a "tryhard"? I'm serious.
#5FefnirOmega13Posted 7/21/2014 2:26:16 AM
PancakeThe2nd posted...

A somewhat derogatory insult for someone who plays to win the game, and a term generally used by people to self-assuage their broken egos when they lose games to superior play or tactics, rather than congratulating them on the victory.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#6PancakeThe2ndPosted 7/21/2014 2:53:18 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
PancakeThe2nd posted...

A somewhat derogatory insult for someone who plays to win the game, and a term generally used by people to self-assuage their broken egos when they lose games to superior play or tactics, rather than congratulating them on the victory.

Ah, yes. That's what I thought.
#7Doktor_KaboomPosted 7/21/2014 5:00:23 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
PancakeThe2nd posted...

Best definition I've heard of this.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#8WorstSniperEverPosted 7/21/2014 8:22:41 AM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
PancakeThe2nd posted...

Best definition I've heard of this.

Wow. Yeah, that's the best definition for it that I've ever heard too.
---
http://www.completegaming.net/forums/forum.php --- Come hang out with us!
ITT: WorstSniper is mad that he's spastic - flame030191
#9Undy_B(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 11:23:58 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...

Pretty accurate but I disagree with the last bit. I've always just used the term when describing anyone that is a threat in the lobby (2+ k/d, 500+ SPM). Even teammates and myself I would consider a tryhard. People do use it as an insult but I've just taken it to mean "good player" nowadays.
---
BADBearGaming
#10WorstSniperEverPosted 7/21/2014 11:40:21 AM
Undy_B posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...

Pretty accurate but I disagree with the last bit. I've always just used the term when describing anyone that is a threat in the lobby (2+ k/d, 500+ SPM). Even teammates and myself I would consider a tryhard. People do use it as an insult but I've just taken it to mean "good player" nowadays.

I just call those people 'good players'.
---
http://www.completegaming.net/forums/forum.php --- Come hang out with us!
ITT: WorstSniper is mad that he's spastic - flame030191