Used Blops game value

#1beerhammer1Posted 7/24/2014 4:59:45 PM
My friend was going to trade her Ghost in at Gamestop and found it was only worth $8 in trade in value. I was just curious what Amazon had for values and a quick search I found used Ghost going for $9.99 while used Black ops were $16.99.

Just thought that was kinda funny.
#2WorstSniperEverPosted 7/24/2014 5:08:42 PM
It's because Ghosts sucks the big one. Consumers know it, retailers know it. Seems the only ones who don't know it are IW and a select few GFAQs users.

I mean, I've liked plenty of bad games in the past, but I can still admit they're bad. Duke Nukem: Forever, for example - game was atrociously bad, but I still thought it was fun.

Ghosts is atrociously bad. I can't even begin to understand how IW could have ruined a COD title so badly, what with all they had to build off of. But then again, these are the mental giants who think it's cool and hip to slather your soldier's gun in Weed camo, so go figure :p
---
http://www.completegaming.net/forums/forum.php --- Come hang out with us!
ITT: WorstSniper is mad that he's spastic - flame030191
#3PancakeThe2ndPosted 7/24/2014 5:42:02 PM
What it is with everybody hating on Ghosts?

If it wasn't for Infinity Ward we wouldn't have COD to begin with.
And don't hit me with the overused excuses "You die so fast aw my gawd!" "Maps are too big aw my gawd!" etc.

In fact, I didn't realize people hated Ghosts until I checked YouTube only to find out that everyone was complaining. I loved what it brought to the table by removing crap upon crap. Very well executed especially with the sniper rifles which I love.

The hate Ghosts absorbed was ridiculous, and let me say if you Truly hate the game and it's not an excuse for social status because it's "cool" to hate it just like hating JB or because some YouTuber said so. Good for you.

22 unhappy devs.
That's why we have COD.
And if you haven't yet, as a COD fan you have to see this.

http://youtu.be/Bsg18eDqgmA
#4Doktor_KaboomPosted 7/24/2014 6:17:18 PM
Ghosts is the ONLY call of duty game that I have traded in. I didn't much care for waw. I'm not trying to be cool. It really sucks cause I like watching competitive so much and ghosts ruins it.
---
Now I lay me down to sleep, Bottle of whiskey by my feet. If I die before I wake, tell my friends I drank it straight.
#5PancakeThe2ndPosted 7/24/2014 6:24:59 PM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
Ghosts is the ONLY call of duty game that I have traded in. I didn't much care for waw. I'm not trying to be cool. It really sucks cause I like watching competitive so much and ghosts ruins it.

So does Vonderhaar.

Speaking of Waw, I love that game.
#6beerhammer1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 7:13:52 PM
My disliking of Ghost has nothing to do with "trying to be cool"- I've been play COD since 4 came out so I'm not "new" to the game. I made a real effort to like Ghost, but it's just so freaking terrible!! It's a combination of things that make it (IMO) the worst COD ever made. The maps are to large, to many dark hidey holes for "corner Timmies" to crouch in etc.... The game itself is mechanically sound, but the fact that the game designers seemed to actually cater to and encourage people to camp it up make for a terribly boring "unfun" game.
#7PancakeThe2ndPosted 7/24/2014 7:27:53 PM
beerhammer1 posted...
My disliking of Ghost has nothing to do with "trying to be cool"- I've been play COD since 4 came out so I'm not "new" to the game. I made a real effort to like Ghost, but it's just so freaking terrible!! It's a combination of things that make it (IMO) the worst COD ever made. The maps are to large, to many dark hidey holes for "corner Timmies" to crouch in etc.... The game itself is mechanically sound, but the fact that the game designers seemed to actually cater to and encourage people to camp it up make for a terribly boring "unfun" game.

I think everything is well balanced. As for the campers, I don't see much of those to begin with even on Bo2. I've been playing since Cod 2
#8WorstSniperEverPosted 7/24/2014 8:27:04 PM
PancakeThe2nd posted...

And don't hit me with the overused excuses "You die so fast aw my gawd!" "Maps are too big aw my gawd!" etc.

In fact, I didn't realize people hated Ghosts until I checked YouTube only to find out that everyone was complaining. I loved what it brought to the table by removing crap upon crap. Very well executed especially with the sniper rifles which I love.

The hate Ghosts absorbed was ridiculous, and let me say if you Truly hate the game and it's not an excuse for social status because it's "cool" to hate it just like hating JB or because some YouTuber said so. Good for you.

22 unhappy devs.
That's why we have COD.

You do realize that the IW that developed Ghosts is not the same IW that developed COD4/MW2, right?

And I don't hate on Ghosts to be 'cool'. I developed my hate for it within maybe forty minutes of playing it, and realizing it wins the honor of being 'Worst COD title on my shelf'.
---
#9PancakeThe2ndPosted 7/24/2014 8:57:27 PM
WorstSniperEver posted...
PancakeThe2nd posted...

22 unhappy devs.
That's why we have COD.

You do realize that the IW that developed Ghosts is not the same IW that developed COD4/MW2, right?

And I don't hate on Ghosts to be 'cool'. I developed my hate for it within maybe forty minutes of playing it, and realizing it wins the honor of being 'Worst COD title on my shelf'.

West and Zampella were fired by Activision for "breaches of contract and insubordination", they soon founded a game studio called Respawn Entertainment. On May 3, 2014, Neversoft was merged into Infinity Ward (which included Neversoft's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series and the Guitar Hero series).
#10WorstSniperEverPosted 7/24/2014 9:23:55 PM
PancakeThe2nd posted...
WorstSniperEver posted...
PancakeThe2nd posted...

22 unhappy devs.
That's why we have COD.

West and Zampella were fired by Activision for "breaches of contract and insubordination", they soon founded a game studio called Respawn Entertainment. On May 3, 2014, Neversoft was merged into Infinity Ward (which included Neversoft's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series and the Guitar Hero series).

Yes. Old IW was the original design team plus West and Zampella.

New IW is parts of the original design team minus West and Zampella, plus Neversoft.

Old IW =/= New IW
---