snipers are just right

#1tryedhardPosted 8/14/2014 2:14:25 PM
Not overpowered or underpowered and that makes me smile :)
#2PancakeThe2ndPosted 8/14/2014 2:19:50 PM
Burn in the pits.
---
Cut deeper.
#3Honourable_TeaPosted 8/14/2014 3:07:26 PM
They were fine before the patch.
---
"Reasonable men adapt to the world around them; unreasonable men make the world adapt to them. The world is changed by unreasonable men."~Edwin L Cole
#4f3rtilizerPosted 8/14/2014 3:22:44 PM
Honourable_Tea posted...

i think they're more balanced after the patch, but they were *fine* beforehand as well.
---
I'm looking to do worse to ghosts than to bo2. I have a few ideas, but if you have a request/suggestion please lmk via pm.
http://i.imgur.com/1cBQJo1.png
#5Honourable_TeaPosted 8/14/2014 3:29:50 PM
f3rtilizer posted...
Honourable_Tea posted...

i think they're more balanced after the patch, but they were *fine* beforehand as well.

There really was no reason to change the sprint out times and bolt cycle speeds. That was just 'Haar catering to the ADD lightweight SMG scrubs who can't aim worth a damn.

Same with ghosts, where the sniper is at an even larger disadvantage due to how ridiculously fast the guns kill.
---
"Reasonable men adapt to the world around them; unreasonable men make the world adapt to them. The world is changed by unreasonable men."~Edwin L Cole
#6White_Knight_01Posted 8/17/2014 3:44:03 PM
snipers will never be fixed in cod until the ads time is significantly slower that what it is now.
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD
#7HamJabroniPosted 8/17/2014 5:43:36 PM
White_Knight_01 posted...
snipers will never be fixed in cod until the ads time is significantly slower that what it is now.

Snipers really shouldn't be in CoD to begin with, but making them ADS really slow is terrible gun balance.
---
CoD solo is preferable to hell? What a joke. CoD solo is hell itself. There is no hope to be had in it, nothing but unspeakable despair.
#8f3rtilizerPosted 8/17/2014 6:46:29 PM
Honourable_Tea posted...
f3rtilizer posted...
Honourable_Tea posted...

There really was no reason to change the sprint out times and bolt cycle speeds. That was just 'Haar catering to the ADD lightweight SMG scrubs who can't aim worth a damn.

Same with ghosts, where the sniper is at an even larger disadvantage due to how ridiculously fast the guns kill.

i have no problem with the sprint out times being changed. It just makes it so a sniper is like a "heavy weapon", similar to an LMG, as opposed to lighter weapons with faster sprint out times like SMG's and shotguns. This change makes sense.

As far as changing the bolt cycle speed, i'm honestly not sure how I feel.
It didn't really change their overall competitiveness, because if you are any good and sniper misses a shot on you, they shouldn't be able to rechamber before you kill them, and if they do, it's really your own fault. So considering it that way, it's kind of unnecessary. On the other hand, it was a little bit crazy how quickly snipers were able to kill, and the amount of sniping in pubs was getting a little out of hand, so I don't disagree that they had to do something, and i like the choice they made.

The nerfs they chose were good, because they didn't affect the DSR competitively -- in competitive, you aren't going for 420kushfeedz with the sniper, and if you miss, you will die. In pubs, if you wanted to go for the 420dankkushyyladderstallxXxfeedz, you had to make a choice. Either use a sniper with huge one hit kill potential, but slow everything else, or use a gun with relatively quick aim in, rechamber, and sprint out, but smaller one hit kill.
---
I'm looking to do worse to ghosts than to bo2. I have a few ideas, but if you have a request/suggestion please lmk via pm.
http://i.imgur.com/1cBQJo1.png
#9tryedhard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 7:32:48 PM
Just went 38-16 dsring in multi team tdm. My team lost.
#10CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/17/2014 7:32:58 PM
True Fert, but also, why should a bullet based weapon have a significantly less chance of getting feeds, its kinda stupid how you can even reach the in game standards of a weapon with out reload canceling (Which is a glitch btw...) or getting some type of collat.

I think they should of left the RoF for Ballsita alone, but changed to DSR RoF to the post patch ballsita, because not that many people really used it compared to the DSR-50, which, in my head at least, would of made everyone happy and just not had the drama that was on Twitter.
---
GT: SouL C Mo
Still making montages for Conduit 2. Somehow. lol