Now I see why people rage about snipers

#1dark_lungPosted 8/21/2014 2:59:16 PM
I went back to MW3 just because my friends wanted to play infected for a couple of matches. After I switched to tdm and kc. I gotta say, big difference when sniping on BO2 and MW3. I was never a sniper in MW3 because I played mostly a 1887 runner on HC, so I tried sniping. Don't get me wrong, I was still top of the scoreboard, but my god it's challenging to snipe.

1) perk 2 choice of either keeping assassin pro or switching to quickdraw pro. W/O quick draw, QS isn't possible, but W/O assassin radar is always on. Yes, radar is always on. People don't need to play good to get UAVs. They just need 4 kills.

2) ARs are extremely OP. I know because I switched to them and played godly when I was going negative. No one snipes and if they did they'd usually switch to secondaries quick like I did most of the match.

3) Because I chose quickdraw over assassin, people can see your gamertag across the map with Marksman perk. It sucks being ADsed the entire match. You're quite visible w/o Assassin.

So, I know how some of you feel about snipers now. I'm a sniper in BO2, and if I hear you rage on me about it, I know how you feel. I have more skill than some of the ones you've proclaim to have no skill. Each CoD has its quirks to cheat on. This one is basically snipers. MW3 was shotties for me. BO1 was AK74u w/rapid fire.
---
xbl: ComeAtMeBrody
#2CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/21/2014 3:49:50 PM
Maybe I'm not reading this right, I have no idea what you are saying, explain?
---
GT: SouL C Mo
Still making montages for Conduit 2. Somehow. lol
#3OssimFacePosted 8/21/2014 5:55:12 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Maybe I'm not reading this right, I have no idea what you are saying, explain?

He says MW3 is harder to snipe than BO2.
#4HamJabroniPosted 8/21/2014 6:09:35 PM
Obviously, you didn't LT+RT
---
CoD solo is preferable to hell? What a joke. CoD solo is hell itself. There is no hope to be had in it, nothing but unspeakable despair.
#5Honourable_TeaPosted 8/21/2014 6:23:50 PM
DId..did you just say that MW3 sniping was..... hard?

LOL. LOL. LOL. All of my LOL.

Also MW3 had the 2nd worst gun balance in the entire

ARs: Type95 until patched, after the ACR pretty much kicked the living s*** out of every other AR.

SMGs: I'd say balance was pretty nice in this class.

Shotguns: Striker roflstomped all the others.

Pistols: Balance was ok in this class as well.

LMGs: Balance was ok here as well. Dem no recoil thermal scopes tho.

Snipers: MSR rendered the L118 useless. RSASS made dragunov useless. AS50=Barrett in effectiveness.
---
"Reasonable men adapt to the world around them; unreasonable men make the world adapt to them. The world is changed by unreasonable men."~Edwin L Cole
#6tryedhardPosted 8/21/2014 11:29:30 PM
Ive heard of that kids use modded controllers to quickscope, jumpshot and dropshot. Maybe LT-RT is harder then it looks.
#7CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/23/2014 10:27:19 AM
Honourable_Tea posted...
DId..did you just say that MW3 sniping was..... hard?

LOL. LOL. LOL. All of my LOL.

I think it is harder, only because i suck at MW3 sniping, its weird, but I do much better in BO2 than MW 3 sniping wise at least.

Not because BO2 sniping is easier, because its not, in BO2, the snipers are slower in ADS time, RoF, and sprint in and out times, MW3 snipers are much better.

But for some odd reason, I'm better in BO2, its weird, but its true.
---
GT: SouL C Mo
Still making montages for Conduit 2. Somehow. lol
#8EdwardDarkstarPosted 8/23/2014 3:33:17 PM
Honourable_Tea posted...

ARs: Type95 until patched, after the ACR pretty much kicked the living s*** out of every other AR.

Snipers: MSR rendered the L118 useless. RSASS made dragunov useless. AS50=Barrett in effectiveness.

ACR was nothing more than a laser.
The M4A1 more than gives it serious trouble. I know because I'm a person who only uses an Autumn M4A1 making ACR n00bs cry hacker. All the other ARs are pretty competitive too. Even the CM901, mainly for the overkill flinch it causes,

Model 1887 rolfstomps the Striker.
All the pump actions really, except maybe the KSG.

I do think the no recoil thermal scope LMGs are OP though.

I can't argue for snipers. I'm a terrible sniper in MW3. My crosshairs are never in the center of my screen when I ADS on someone.
---
GT: EdwardDarkstar
Be afraid, be very afraid of the Dark.
#9OssimFacePosted 8/23/2014 9:01:04 PM
EdwardDarkstar posted...
Honourable_Tea posted...

Model 1887 rolfstomps the Striker.

The Model can be a beast at times, but it's inconsistent which makes the Striker a lot better. I'd say the USAS is the closest to competing with the Striker.
#10HamJabroniPosted 8/24/2014 12:05:02 AM(edited)
Did someone just say the Model 1887 is better than the striker?

Anyway, isn't the USAS undeniably the best MW3 shotgun? It's not as spammable as the striker, but it's got a ton more damage/pellet count. Striker has 6, while the USAS has 8 IIRC.

On topic, I think MW3 sniping is harder than BO2 sniping. MW3 had quickdraw, but BO2's maps are better suited for sniping IMO. Also, the TTK is much slower, so BS snipes are more common.
---
CoD solo is preferable to hell? What a joke. CoD solo is hell itself. There is no hope to be had in it, nothing but unspeakable despair.