MW3: $60. BOII: $60. Discuss.

#1swordinmyeyePosted 5/4/2012 5:53:27 PM
How do they charge so much on a yearly basis (not counting DLC) for the same product?
And why do we keep purchasing it? My issue is that it's become like mainstream music- without a soul. I feel like games are made by my friends, whether or not I actually know the people. I feel like we gamers are a tight-knit group, and we're all connected.
But this Call of Duty monster feels... Well... Like a monster, created by mad scientists.

I don't like this yearly IP thing games have turned into. I liked the idea of games not always having a sequel. I like 3-4 years between releases. Alas, those days are behind us.

It's kind of sad... I used to take pride in being a gamer, but it seems like big companies like EA and Activision are more about big business now.

Discuss. Tell me I'm wrong.
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2252/sime.png
#2WCK619Posted 5/4/2012 6:23:02 PM
swordinmyeye posted...
Tell me I'm wrong.
---

You're wrong.
#3pokemonblackftwPosted 5/5/2012 5:15:57 AM

you're wrong its not the same game. you know nothing

#4erMonezzaPosted 5/5/2012 7:41:07 AM

Why discuss this any further.

There are a couple of topics like this in every CoD forum after MW1.

Activision, EA are business! They want to make more money. They will continue to release CoD games yearly unitll people will buy them.

I assume that sooner or later is bound to stop as  a new FPS will come. Something that will offer deeper MP gameplay. I guess.

cheers

#5swordinmyeye(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 11:27:20 AM
erMonezza posted...
Why discuss this any further.There are a couple of topics like this in every CoD forum after MW1. Activision, EA are business! They want to make more money. They will continue to release CoD games yearly unitll people will buy them.I assume that sooner or later is bound to stop as a new FPS will come. Something that will offer deeper MP gameplay. I guess. cheers

You're correct. Locking it down. This thread is superfluous and there's nothing to be done :(
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2252/sime.png
#6animanganimePosted 5/6/2012 2:47:40 PM
Nothing wrong with 3 - 4 years between games, but if the team is 1.5 to 2 times larger you can make the development time 2 years. And if you have 2 teams they you have 1 game every year. You make money twice as fast, and you still pay the same amount of money to develop the games.

Not saying these games are good or not. But if people keep buying the games, they are sending signal to Activision that they're doing the right thing, the money the games make speaks louder than any internet forum just saying.
---
WC i5 2500k @ 4.8 ghz, WC Asus GTX 590, Corsair P128 SSD, 16gb G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS
#7NemesisOgreKingPosted 5/6/2012 3:49:10 PM
Sadly, simply because they can, just like the DLC prices.
The love is gone from gaming.
It's all about being safe, turning a profit, and paying the dev's as little as possible.
They want to appeal to the 13 to 25 year old male demographic, because they are the dumbest consumers in human history. Their are no real regulations for pricing games and there related add-ons. Activision and EA both know they can get away with price gouging, the consumer just does not care anymore. They want their instant kills and level grinding, so they can do that for a whole year and repeat the whole process next year.
My best advice on this is to simply stop buying them.
---
[You fail to grasp the true form of this Sig]
#8dnmtPosted 5/19/2012 3:04:53 PM(edited)
$60 once a year ain't bad for the hundreds of hours of fun that each game gives me. And if you buy COD DLC for PC then you're dumb.
#9TPulla02Posted 5/24/2012 2:09:22 PM
Gaming has always been about big business. Anything that accrues costs, investors, and profit margins is business. Sure, the game's may be $60 every year but you don't have to buy them. I don't have to buy them. I buy them because I enjoy them. I agree, $60 every year is ridiculous, but until the millions of people buying them up first week decreases significantly we won't see a change. 10 years ago games were mostly story-driven and relied on their campaign to move units, nowadays everyone needs to be satisfied. Single-player fans, multiplayer fans, co-op fans, zombie fans, etc... Do I like $60 DLC? No. But these games will run their course. People are finicky. They'll tire of Call of Duty like they do most everything else.
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Mhz | Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1333 MHz | Galaxy GTX 580 @ 850/1700 (1.5 GB) | Windows 7 64-bit