Kevin sent me.
PSN: Tigermisu
#4podge16Posted 3/17/2013 2:16:11 PM
depends EU or us side of things

cd key house or warehouse is ones ive used in the past
---
steam user > wrong way up or bluewafflehax for me prfile
#5CardigansFanPosted 3/17/2013 10:13:41 PM
I personally wouldn't trust any of those CD key resellers, they usually border on sketchy (ex. possibly selling stolen keys, requiring a VPN or different region to activate, etc.) - and thing is, if Steam doesn't like it and revokes the game from your library, you're SOL; appealing either to the seller or Steam basically never results in getting the game back.

IMO, just wait for a Steam deal, or something more likely, a deal on Amazon or Newegg.
---
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB Samsung DDR3-1600 | 256GB Samsung 830
M11x R1 * Note II * AKA Magus77 * See profile for game mods and more specs
#6podge16Posted 3/18/2013 1:51:40 PM
CardigansFan posted...
I personally wouldn't trust any of those CD key resellers, they usually border on sketchy (ex. possibly selling stolen keys, requiring a VPN or different region to activate, etc.) - and thing is, if Steam doesn't like it and revokes the game from your library, you're SOL; appealing either to the seller or Steam basically never results in getting the game back.

IMO, just wait for a Steam deal, or something more likely, a deal on Amazon or Newegg.

i bought a russian key for mw3 for 13 as apposed to 40 steam can not legally do anythig as youve purchased the game legally some site yes are fishy but sme like cdkeywarehouse is legit. But steam has cracked down on russian key if you use a russian key you have to play via a russian ip same as activating the key
---
#7CardigansFanPosted 3/18/2013 3:09:00 PM
podge16 posted...
steam can not legally do anythig as youve purchased the game legally

Nope. I know for a fact Steam revoked a lot of keys for Dead Island, purchased or not, that were actually stolen from some database leak or something. And that's not the first time they've done stuff like that IIRC. Steam basically owns the games regardless of where or how you bought them, and they can revoke your entire account on a whim (ex. if they find out you're trying to sell your account).
---
Posted using GameFlux
#8mkshifteuphoriaPosted 3/18/2013 9:24:19 PM
CardigansFan posted...
<Steam basically owns the games regardless of where or how you bought them, and they can revoke your entire account on a whim

Scary, isn't it? When you "buy" a game on steam you're basically renting it indefinitely. I've heard tales of people losing their ENTIRE Steam library over a single game activated via Russian VPN.
#9podge16Posted 3/19/2013 1:29:29 AM
by law steam has to have a good enough reason, i know several people who have activated via russian vpn. steam will give you several warnings before revoking a game or an account, unless its hacking then buh bye
---
#10Gojak_v3Posted 3/19/2013 1:40:03 PM
mkshifteuphoria posted...
CardigansFan posted...
<Steam basically owns the games regardless of where or how you bought them, and they can revoke your entire account on a whim

Scary, isn't it? When you "buy" a game on steam you're basically renting it indefinitely. I've heard tales of people losing their ENTIRE Steam library over a single game activated via Russian VPN.

It's been like this forever. It's nothing new with Steam. You never actually buy a game. You buy a license to play it.