Had a question regarding the Multiplayer for Black Ops 2.....

#1ghostwarrior79Posted 4/15/2013 11:20:52 AM
Hi,everyone! How are you doin'? Anyways,I had a question about cod bo2 mp..

Here are my questions that need answers..

1. I heard it has OFFLINE AI BOTS!!! Is that true? You mean I can ACTUALLY PLAY WITH BOTS (OFFLINE) on all maps and modes?! I saw a video recently,forgot which one though,it clearly said bots. Also,do I need a permanent net connection to play with BOTS????

2.What does the cod BO2 mp menu look like,does it have options like

Create game/server
Join game/server
settings

etc.....?

3.What's the catch with the bots,I heard no XP.

P.S I'm not really gonna get this game for the SP,I'll get it just for the Offline Multiplayer (hopefully)

BYE and THANKS in advance for helping me!!!!!
---
IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AND YOU ARE 100% SURE AND PROUD ABOUT THIS, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG AND ADD ME AS A FRIEND!
#2voltaren101Posted 4/15/2013 9:23:00 PM
ghostwarrior79 posted...
Hi,everyone! How are you doin'? Anyways,I had a question about cod bo2 mp..

Here are my questions that need answers..

1. I heard it has OFFLINE AI BOTS!!! Is that true? You mean I can ACTUALLY PLAY WITH BOTS (OFFLINE) on all maps and modes?! I saw a video recently,forgot which one though,it clearly said bots. Also,do I need a permanent net connection to play with BOTS????

2.What does the cod BO2 mp menu look like,does it have options like

Create game/server
Join game/server
settings

etc.....?

3.What's the catch with the bots,I heard no XP.

P.S I'm not really gonna get this game for the SP,I'll get it just for the Offline Multiplayer (hopefully)

BYE and THANKS in advance for helping me!!!!!

Yes you can... go to multiplayer. Then press online and create a custom game, but be sure you add bots!
#3ghostwarrior79(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 10:08:10 PM
Thanks,mate!!! Yep,I'll be sure to add them BOTS!
---
IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AND YOU ARE 100% SURE AND PROUD ABOUT THIS, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG AND ADD ME AS A FRIEND!
#4podge16Posted 4/16/2013 1:17:57 AM
you still need to connect to the online server tho
---
steam user > wrong way up or bluewafflehax for me prfile
#5Re_AnimatorPosted 4/16/2013 1:37:01 AM
Yup...bots are there.

But to play offline with bots you still have to be online. Mighty smart of them folks over at 3arch, eh?
#6ghostwarrior79(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 10:51:38 AM
Re_Animator posted...
Yup...bots are there.

But to play offline with bots you still have to be online. Mighty smart of them folks over at 3arch, eh?

WHAT!!!??? Look at his video,dude....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsnoy7bwt64

It says OFFLINE with BOTS. And if you read the comments,the person who made the video and played the game is playing WITHOUT a net connection!!! So,I'm still not sure if I want the game because I don't know who to believe...1 person says you need a net connection,another person's video says I DON'T need a net connection!
---
#7podge16Posted 4/16/2013 1:59:55 PM
"Just installed Black Ops 2, figured I would test out the offline play with the Bots"

installed aka via steam thus having internet access he still connected to the trey arch server, you have to no matter what
---
steam user > wrong way up or bluewafflehax for me prfile
#8Re_AnimatorPosted 4/17/2013 8:47:17 PM
ghostwarrior79 posted...
Re_Animator posted...
Yup...bots are there.

WHAT!!!??? Look at his video,dude....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsnoy7bwt64

It says OFFLINE with BOTS. And if you read the comments,the person who made the video and played the game is playing WITHOUT a net connection!!! So,I'm still not sure if I want the game because I don't know who to believe...1 person says you need a net connection,another person's video says I DON'T need a net connection!

Incorrect.

If you took the time to read the comments you would have read this individuals comment followed by a response by the author of the video.

alex reigel 5 months ago

i bought BO2 for the PC off of Steam, the bots do not and entire multiplayer don not work at all unless im connected to the internet. Is there any way i could get bots working legitly offline or no?

Jaryth000 5 months ago

You could try entering Steams Offline mode.

While connected to the internet, open steam -> click on Steam in the top left corner -> Select "Go Offline...".

I have not tested to see if this will allow you to play with Bots on BO2, but it is worth a shot.
in reply to alex reigel

The author of the video itself has no clue if the game works actually offline by putting Steam in offline mode.

But guess what? I do know. It doesn't work. You HAVE to be online to even connect to the online portion of the game...this includes Custom Games with bots "offline".

Again....mighty smart of them folks over at 3arch.
#9Re_AnimatorPosted 4/17/2013 8:56:03 PM
It's so bad that lag comp can even affect a player during Custom Games "offline" with bots. Many times I've noticed myself shooting directly center mass at bots and the hit markers take at least a good second to start registering.

Only way this could happen if "offline" bot games are also partially hosted by 3arch craptastic excuse for "dedicated servers" (which they're not...not really at least). If a Custm Game was truly local...my ping should be 0. But it isn't. It fluctuates.

Any game from the past that allowed you to really play offline with bots (UT and CS for example) requires no connection...hence your ping will be at 0.

Not so with this game. This trash is such a mess that "offline" requires you to be online and even with bots, lag comp can still affect the game.

It's as laughable as it is pathetic.