This game has 0 replay value after beating it?

#1Semi45aPosted 10/20/2012 4:14:56 PM
Is what I am hearing. I did enjoy Flower but is this true?
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2RadioOutriderPosted 10/20/2012 4:21:28 PM
No, it's not true. I've already played through it 3 times. You can run through collecting balloons, finding all the story segments, or just to play around with unlockables. I've replayed the ending a bunch, just for the sheer beauty of it. It is very replayable.
#3The_BoredomsPosted 10/20/2012 5:52:47 PM
"Very" is a bit of a stretch. Three playthroughs seems about enough, which with this game would put the average person at about five, maybe six hours of total game time.

That's still only like, $2.50 an hour, though, so still pretty worth it.
---
I fought Sugar Ray so many times, it's a wonder I don't have diabetes.
#4spike17spiegelPosted 10/20/2012 11:57:56 PM
It's not 0 but it's not high either. Balloons, story pages, trophies will keep you engaged for a little while longer.
---
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
#5PsySonicPosted 10/24/2012 7:05:26 AM
Might be possible that flower is more enjoyable to replay because you can fly and are a bit more flexible on how you play through the game - like switch between progressing and just playing around with the wind as a gimmick from time to time. Also, playing flower is very relaxing, you literally can't do anything wrong in that game. At least those are the reasons why I come back to flower every now and then and it always feels fresh.

As for the Unfinished Swan, it's a bit more linear, you'll always walk the same path, and you're bound to platforming. I'll probably not return to it as often as to flower or Journey, but things like the unique architecture and art styles will drag me back in more than once, I'm sure!
#6mxyzptlk999Posted 10/27/2012 1:23:51 PM
Maybe as much as Portal... a bit less. You beat the game, then there are balloons to collect. Once you've collected all the balloons, there are storybook pages that convey the plot and if you get them all you get a trophy... but if you don't have them all, unlike the balloons, there's no telling what part of the game they're lost in, so... IMO they can stay missing. There's also a trophy for launching a block into the air over a certain height, but there seems to be no mechanic for actually doing that so I guess you could fool around with that for several hours doing the same thing and hoping for a different result.

The artistic effect of the painting is really cool, but IMO it wears off before the game is finished the first time, so replaying for it isn't really likely. Still, worth buying, worth playing.
#7thewhitelightPosted 10/28/2012 1:19:09 PM
Just played through the game and enjoyed it, but I don't really have any desire to go back through it again.
#8vegafooPosted 10/31/2012 7:59:59 PM
Do movies have no rewatch value after viewing them? Can books only be read once?

I hate that "replay value" has come to mean extras and bonus levels and new game pluses and unlockables and such.

I miss when people played games over and over again simply because they enjoyed the experience of playing them.

Sorry for the rant. I'm old and grumpy.
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlP_UK6LEFc
#9Nick_AtreidesPosted 11/14/2012 8:19:23 AM
vegafoo posted...
Do movies have no rewatch value after viewing them? Can books only be read once?

I hate that "replay value" has come to mean extras and bonus levels and new game pluses and unlockables and such.

I miss when people played games over and over again simply because they enjoyed the experience of playing them.

Sorry for the rant. I'm old and grumpy.

I agree. I have a ton of PS3 games that I've played through several times. It was the same when I had my PS2. I also do not trade anything in. My brother-in-law says I hoard my PS3 games LOL. But what is the point in buying a $60.00 game, playing it for a week, beating it... and then trading it back in at a fraction of the cost? That's money lost.

If I am going to purchase a game, I will def play it more then once simply because I want to get lost in the story again, just like any good book or film :)
---
"This town... there's something wrong with it" - Angela Orosco Silent Hill 2