Are the rest of the levels less nauseating?

#1SuperSocratesPosted 1/22/2013 10:43:29 AM
There's going to be a PS+ discount on this game and I wanted to buy it, but after trying out the trial, I'm not so sure.
---
Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
#2NSYNCPosted 1/22/2013 2:04:47 PM
I felt the same way. Incredibly boring and lifeless.
#3RocketJessPosted 1/23/2013 4:28:18 AM
Only the first part of the game is all-white. After that, you reach another area that has already been "painted in" (properly, not paint-splodged) and most of the game runs on variations of the paint-throwing mechanism. The second chapter gives you water instead of paint, and a lot of that part is spent making vines grow so you can climb around the walls. The third part is in darkness - making your paint useless - and mostly involves seeking out light sources. And a few more variatons towards the end...
---
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles
#4SuperSocrates(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:38:34 PM
Thanks for the info. It seems I won't be getting it, as I don't think I'll be able to stomach the experience. It does sound interesting however.
---
Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
#5triple_leiPosted 1/24/2013 1:06:27 AM(edited)
I should've just tried the demo before buying. I thought the YouTube vids looked cool, but I only played a few minutes before I had to turn it off.

That's $3.75 I'll never see again. I'll keep an eye out for a price drop on the soundtrack, though.

-

EDIT: Just to be clear, I had to turn it off because it was literally making me sick. If not for that, I think I could've really liked this game.
#6TheAxeMurderer1Posted 1/24/2013 2:33:12 AM
triple_lei posted...
I should've just tried the demo before buying. I thought the YouTube vids looked cool, but I only played a few minutes before I had to turn it off.

That's $3.75 I'll never see again. I'll keep an eye out for a price drop on the soundtrack, though.

-

EDIT: Just to be clear, I had to turn it off because it was literally making me sick. If not for that, I think I could've really liked this game.

Making you sick...? Why?
#7triple_leiPosted 1/24/2013 11:33:49 AM
Trying to find your bearings in an all-white setting. I'm already no good with shooters, but the white made the effect 1,000 times worse.
#8CBratePosted 1/31/2013 6:24:06 PM
triple_lei posted...

-

Making you sick...? Why?

triple_lei posted...

-

Making you sick...? Why?

Nauseating, literally. Motion sickness.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie
#9blackskorpionPosted 2/16/2013 2:46:09 PM
I also felt some motion sickness while playing the game. 1st person games don't usually bother me, but something about the first level made me nauseous. Hopefully, it will get better now that the levels have some color in them.