So the day we been dreading for a decade is here...

#1wolfwingPosted 5/4/2012 1:58:26 PM
I just hope they don't screw it up, I know one of the big things fans have been concerned about is the multiplayer or online aspect will take away from the game itself...what do you guys think? If they do it good great...if not then I don't want to think how bad it could be.
---
Mithra 72 Paladin/36 Warrior Asura.
#2wwinterj25Posted 5/4/2012 4:13:28 PM
Not sure how having multiplayer or online in a game that is multiplayer or online based can take anything away from it.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#3wolfwing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 4:19:05 PM
IT's changed slightly but was mostly based upon the fact that when the move to online first came there were three kinds of online/multiplayer games that used to be single player.

2% games that worked and rocked.

49% games where the multiplayer was tacked off useless and a waste of time
49% games where single player suffered to get multiplayer there sacrifcing the main gameplay that sold the series.
---
Mithra 72 Paladin/36 Warrior Asura.
#495_EclipsePosted 5/4/2012 5:22:48 PM
But this is an entirely different game... So what are you on about exactly?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#5SkarynPosted 5/5/2012 5:11:48 AM
It's the day mouth-breathing, neck-bearded Luddites have been dreading.

Don't lump me in with you. I'm excited to see what this completely different game set in the elder scrolls universe will be.
---
{)xxx[]::::::::::::::::::::::::> 11.11.11 <::::::::::::::::::::::::))xxx()
#6Zelda_wood_elfPosted 5/5/2012 5:45:34 AM(edited)
Oh no we have to choose a actual class and actually make a choice!
Know longer being able to fast travel!
Know longer having the ability to pause the game and spam potions!
Know longer have the ability to pause the game and make time speed up with a wait system!

Gasp! Only being a able to join a guild such as mage only if u are actually a mage!

Not being the chosen one or being the dragon born but instead just a regular character and if u want to stand out you actually have to make a name for yourself!

No ability to use mods to make the game easy as dirt!

We have to actual make friends and worry about where we go because if we venture into the wrong territory we may get slaughtered lol.

This is elder scrolls all grown up but if u want safe travels stranger and fast travel and pause game potion spamming then u might wanna play the offline games.

By the nine stranger stay away from valenwood area, they have the best mages, the best archers, and the best thieves!

Simply walking by will get u blasted by spells, or filled up with arrows from behind trees, or you could catch a sneak attack by a khajit who can see u at night ,or all of the above!

******There are no guards here*************

We live by our on rules such as eating the body of whatever loser dared step foot in our territory .

Perhaps u are afraid because your faction sucks? If that's the case simply stay away from our territory or join us!
#7CthulhuDagonPosted 5/5/2012 5:46:16 AM
Zelda_wood_elf posted...
No longer being able to fast travel!

Actually there is fast travel in the form of waystones.

Not being the chosen one or being the dragon born but instead just a regular character and if u want to stand out you actually have to make a name for yourself!

Actually every player character had their soul stolen by Molag Bal and is "chosen". They must recover their soul and they can be the Emperor of Tamriel. So they are special, everyone is.

We have to actual make friends and worry about where we go because if we venture into the wrong territory we may get slaughtered lol.

It's not full world pvp. I'm sure there *might* be some servers like that, but otherwise it's restricted to certain areas similar to what DAoC was.

Perhaps u are afraid because your faction sucks? If that's the case simply stay away from our territory or join us!

The factions are more or less very similar to DAoC factions. Ablion is the Bretons/Hammerfell/Orcs similar enough to DAoCs races in that faction of Britons/Saracens/Half-Ogres. Hybernia is Wood Elves/High Elves/Khajit similar enough to Celts/Elves/ and well they have no cat race but still. And Midgard well, that's easy, the Nords are in the last alliance similar to Norsemen/Frostalf (dark elves).
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#8steker16Posted 5/5/2012 6:49:21 AM(edited)

Know longer being able to fast travel!
Know longer having the ability to pause the game and spam potions!
Know longer have the ability to pause the game and make time speed up with a wait system!

Gasp! Only being a able to join a guild such as mage only if u are actually a mage!

No ability to use mods to make the game easy as dirt!

This is elder scrolls all grown up but if u want safe travels stranger and fast travel and pause game potion spamming then u might wanna play the offline games.

By the nine stranger stay away from valenwood area, they have the best mages, the best archers, and the best thieves!

Simply walking by will get u blasted by spells, or filled up with arrows from behind trees, or you could catch a sneak attack by a khajit who can see u at night ,or all of the above!

******There are no guards here*************

We live by our on rules such as eating the body of whatever loser dared step foot in our territory .

you're attempt to be sarcastic and condescending pretty much loses its effect when you don't know the difference between "no" and "know"
---
nomnomnom
#9Kazagin_Posted 5/6/2012 8:55:02 AM(edited)
steker16 posted...
you're attempt to be sarcastic and condescending pretty much loses its effect when you don't know the difference between "no" and "know"

Your attempt to be sarcastic and condescending pretty much loses its effect when you don't know the difference between "you're" and "your"
---
I have no signature.
#10NerdyDude777Posted 5/6/2012 4:43:25 PM
Skaryn posted...
It's the day mouth-breathing, neck-bearded Luddites have been dreading.

Don't lump me in with you. I'm excited to see what this completely different game set in the elder scrolls universe will be.

Agreed.
---
I'm a nerd.