Possible console release?

#1wwinterj25Posted 5/4/2012 5:16:11 PM
Do you guys/girls think that has a possibility of been on consoles at some point?
I'm awe it's just been announced for the PC but I'm curious of other peoples opinions.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#2ATARIJAWAPosted 5/4/2012 5:18:54 PM
It won't happen with the current gen Consoles. We just don't know enough about the next gen consoles to say whether or not they could run it.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 57
#3CityLumbarPosted 5/4/2012 6:32:50 PM
Why exactly couldn't they run it?
---
My boredom has outshined the sun
#4ATARIJAWAPosted 5/4/2012 9:04:52 PM
For the same reasons this gen was supposed to be the "MMO on Consoles" generation, and it didn't happen. Out of 30 announced titles only a small handful made it to market. The architecture isn't made up for it and most people won't play one with a controller.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 57
#5auxpowerPosted 5/4/2012 9:12:24 PM
FF11 started as a PS2/pc title and then got added to 360 years later, its entirely possible...but we'll have to see what the game mechanics are like first, if theres a million hotbuttons you have to assign like in WoW I doubt it would be practical
#6Spartan_418Posted 5/4/2012 9:51:47 PM

Skyrim on 360 has Kinect voice command hotkeys, which work almost flawlessly. I could certainly see Kinect being used in an MMO in place of keyboard hotkeys

#7auxpowerPosted 5/4/2012 10:04:46 PM
Spartan_418 posted...
Skyrim on 360 has Kinect voice command hotkeys, which work almost flawlessly. I could certainly see Kinect being used in an MMO in place of keyboard hotkeys

now that I actually thought about it, (derp) FF11 used keyboards on console
#8ATARIJAWAPosted 5/4/2012 11:02:55 PM

FF11 started as a PS2/pc title and then got added to 360 years later, its entirely possible...but we'll have to see what the game mechanics are like first, if theres a million hotbuttons you have to assign like in WoW I doubt it would be practical

I never said it was impossible. It's certainly been done once or twice. It's also failed close to thirty times. They take so long to make and program on consoles that by the time they are ready for release the console is obsolete.
---
#9CityLumbarPosted 5/4/2012 11:22:45 PM

I never said it was impossible.

You said that you're unsure if even next-gen consoles could run it... I think that current-gen consoles could run it just fine. As stated previously, FFXI ran fine on the PS2 with a keyboard.
---
My boredom has outshined the sun
#10ATARIJAWAPosted 5/5/2012 12:00:38 AM(edited)

You said that you're unsure if even next-gen consoles could run it... I think that current-gen consoles could run it just fine. As stated previously, FFXI ran fine on the PS2 with a keyboard.

If current gen consoles could run them well than we would have had a lot of them. All those cancelled games would have come out. Instead, all we got was FFXI and DCUO (which was severely gimped when compared against the pc version). Conan, Marvel Super Heros, Huxley, The Agency,Champions Online and many many more were announced and then cancelled.

Trust me. WOW is 8 years old now. If they could find a way to port it to current gen consoles they would have.
---