just a thought.....

#1auxpowerPosted 5/4/2012 8:51:21 PM
maybe we can hope.....that zenimax online will see all the negative feedback on what has been unveiled about the MMO and maybe change it to more peoples liking before release?

Its been in development for years and years now, maybe they should have released details about it earlier so they would have more time to react and adjust their game for all of our obvious criticisms?

at this point I could assume that we don't want a WoW clone (hotkey combat, third person only 'mongst other things) in the ES universe, but more like something that plays like elderscrolls with mutliplayer....with tweaked progression, class, and loot systems, of course

...I really want this game to be good but I know I'm probably going to be let down
#2FatalFraggerPosted 5/4/2012 10:02:40 PM
It will probably not be what we want it to be, but hopefully it will still be great. If it is a decent MMO with TES lore, it will still be worth playing, imo. I would prefer having a real TES game with online co-op elements, like Fable but not bad or rushed.
#3Iron_MosesPosted 5/4/2012 10:29:44 PM
The reason they did the hotkey combat is, not all players have a great connection and latency would give some players a big advantage over others. I can see them changing some things in the future like player housing and maybe giving more freedom to player classes but most of it is probably already set in stone for release.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MqTda.jpg
#4MephistotePosted 5/4/2012 11:55:04 PM
As much as I would prefer a true ES experience, I believe the game may be too far into development to change to things that need to be changed.
I still look forward to being able to travel through all over the map, but that may be the only thing I'm anticipating at this point.
---
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain.
#5auxpower(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 12:37:17 AM
Iron_Moses posted...
The reason they did the hotkey combat is, not all players have a great connection and latency would give some players a big advantage over others. I can see them changing some things in the future like player housing and maybe giving more freedom to player classes but most of it is probably already set in stone for release.

never thought of that, I guess that really does make sense....seems like 200ms or so is a normal ping for MMOs and you wouldn't be able to have good pvp with the regular ES system
#6Alucard1475Posted 5/5/2012 1:11:25 AM

We have seen nothing of the game to put any judgement upon it, but we already don't like it?

This is ridiculous.

#7MephistotePosted 5/5/2012 1:21:10 AM
It's not so much as what we have/haven't Seen, but what we've Heard.

Class based characters
A Hotbar with a Heavy attack, light attack, a couple of spells, and an 'Ultimate'-style attack.

Those two things right there severely subtract from what makes ES special and different than any other fantasy game - the ability to be what type of character you choose and to fight however you may choose to do so.

Now, IF the 'class' based system is simply: Mage gets extra Mana, Rogue gets Stealth bonus, Warrior gets extra Armor/HP, (etc), but any of them can mix/match their skills with the other classes; then, that's not too bad, and can be worked with.
But, we won't know exactly what they mean by "Class based system" until we see it.
---
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain.