Why can't I make an Imperial???

#21CrazyFool319Posted 12/31/2012 4:12:31 PM
UgandaPrez posted...
Ishagu posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Ishagu posted...
I understand that it might not fit as well in the story, but I have played as an imperial in every ES game since Morrowind.

For me, personally this is a huge negative. I invest time, effort and emotion in to characters I make and the Imps have always been my favourite race...

Nobody gives a f***.

Learn the lore before b****ing about it.

I know the lore. I want to play as an Imperial. Its not unreasonable.

If you knew the lore, then you'd know it's unreasonable.

Explain this. I know the lore and its not unreasonable to ask for imperials. Just because the imperial is using undead to bolster the ranks of their army doesnt mean that you shouldnt be able to be imperial. Hell most MMOs let you be the bad guys.
---
SEAHAWKS
#22SephirothSamaPosted 1/1/2013 10:03:34 AM
Yeah, Cyrodiil being torn apart by war doesn't mean you can't have any Imperials outside its borders at all (or living outside). I guess it is the easier route to restrict it, though. You don't want them being the most popular race, and it wouldn't be could to set a cap on how many can be created.
---
"Then I'll put it another way. I'm clever, and you are unspeakably stupid!"- Takuan
The Official FŽanor fanboy.
#23CrazyFool319Posted 1/2/2013 11:08:03 PM
SephirothSama posted...
Yeah, Cyrodiil being torn apart by war doesn't mean you can't have any Imperials outside its borders at all (or living outside). I guess it is the easier route to restrict it, though. You don't want them being the most popular race, and it wouldn't be could to set a cap on how many can be created.

Yeah, think about all the imperials in Skyrim. Of course this is hundreds of years later. Restricting it is the easy way to do it, but people saying that others dont know the lore and are stupid for asking are just plain wrong. Its totally possible given the info we got that they could have made imperials work.
---
SEAHAWKS
#24blkshdoPosted 1/6/2013 8:10:07 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Ishagu posted...
I understand that it might not fit as well in the story, but I have played as an imperial in every ES game since Morrowind.

For me, personally this is a huge negative. I invest time, effort and emotion in to characters I make and the Imps have always been my favourite race...

Nobody gives a f***.

^^ What a nerd
---
Xbox Live: blkshdo
BF3 Master. Add me and come get some.
#25KaliestoPosted 1/7/2013 1:30:27 AM
I like the lore not to be **** on either....that's what ruins a game-series.

This is one reason people feared some games going mainstream.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#26bathamaelPosted 1/7/2013 2:31:36 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Ishagu posted...

Nobody gives a f***.

Are you high? What does it have anything to do with lore? Did Imperials go extinct?

They must have hide them for the expansion 'Rise of the Imperial' <.<
#27ArcvalonsPosted 1/9/2013 11:49:20 AM
iirc imperials didnt even exist then, i mean there is no empire
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#28CrazyFool319Posted 1/9/2013 9:14:17 PM
For anyone that doesnt know, or those that know but are too lazy to simply provide the actual info...

The imperials arent playable because three factions around the world are all rising up basically to get their independence. The imperials are all alone in their fight so they have chosen to raise the dead to fill the ranks of their armies. So imperials are basically flagged as buttholes and they dont want anyone playing a butthole.

The reason you cant be imperial is because they are essentially the bad guy.
---
SEAHAWKS
#29RetneugPosted 1/13/2013 10:15:51 PM(edited)
The reason TES Online does not allow players to make Imperial characters is this:

Imperials as you know them do not exist in 2E 582, which is when the events of TES Online take place. At this time, and for many hundreds of years prior, they were identified simply as Cyrodiils or Cyro-Nordics.

The moment in TES history that distinguishes Imperials from the other men of Tamriel once and for all begins at around 2E 800, when Talos the man ascends to the throne of Cyrodiil and wages a campaign that eventually brings all of Tamriel under Imperial rule.

There were actually two largely human "Empires" in Cyrodiil before this, but the Third empire is the first to encompass all of Tamriel, which is why the Imperials are distinguished from the other flavours of human forever afterward.

My guess is that the Cyrodiils and Cyro-Nordics are mixed in with the other humans for the purposes of TES Online, since its events precede the moment when they gain much of their cultural distinctiveness.
---
I tend to go on.
#30asdam_teabagPosted 1/14/2013 9:02:52 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Ishagu posted...

Nobody gives a f***.

Rage.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dD8yx.gif