Max Level? Max Skill Points?

#1bloodsaberPosted 2/12/2014 2:21:41 PM
If anyone knows,

What is the max level?

What is the max number of skill points?
( Just in case I got the name wrong, I'm referring to the points acquired by leveling up, used to unlock skills and abilities ).
#2SackBoiPosted 2/12/2014 2:29:48 PM
50 is the max level, you get one skill point per level. Then you get skill points for every three skyshards you collect (I was level 6 not even looking for them and got I think 2 skill points worth).

They haven't released how many skyshards there are.
---
GTA V: XBL Gamer Tag: The_Koolaidman0 ---Feel free to add
3DS: Koolaid 3024 5113 5894, feel free to add
#3bloodsaber(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 2:37:44 PM
Thanks for the answer,
I don't suppose anything in game keeps track of where the shards have been found at?
Sounds like something one might want to write down, to keep from having to check them all to find the couple missed.
#4SackBoiPosted 2/12/2014 2:40:38 PM
On the beta there wasn't however for reference, they is a beaming light that goes down on them, so while you won't always stumble upon them all; if you are close to one you can see it (if you are on the same height).
---
GTA V: XBL Gamer Tag: The_Koolaidman0 ---Feel free to add
3DS: Koolaid 3024 5113 5894, feel free to add
#5AnnuvynPosted 2/12/2014 2:50:49 PM
"I don't suppose anything in game keeps track of where the shards have been found at?"

you are supposing incorrectly so cheer up !. can't tell you specifically due to the NDA.
---
I lost my signature.
#6ZergmoneyPosted 2/12/2014 2:57:39 PM
I hope there is a ton of skill points, because there is a ton of builds I want to play on the same character.
#7WynnSilvergazePosted 2/12/2014 3:21:03 PM
You could see how many skyshards there were, and riddles to where they were hidden in the Achievements page. There's well over 200 shards, closing in on 300. You could probably divide it by 3 to get a rough estimate on how many shards one faction can get. So 100 for the sake of easy math. Then divide that by 3 again to get how many skill points you can get since it takes 3 shards.

So 33-ish extra skill points added onto the 49 you get from leveling up to 50.
---
You know how it is...Cows go "moo", Dogs go "woof" and MMO Players go "the pvp is unbalanced"
#8VanishingSkillPosted 2/12/2014 3:54:57 PM
Except that you can get every shard, because once you hit level 50 you can go through other factions zones and do their quests and get their shards.

Certain quests, especially side quests, also award skill points.
#9ObreckPosted 2/12/2014 3:59:39 PM
You also get rewarded with skill points for completing major quests and for certain PvP achievements.

Its probably going to be a while before anyone comes up with even a rough estimate of the maximum number of skill points due to liberally the game hands them out.
#10VanishingSkillPosted 2/12/2014 4:01:14 PM
Maxing out a skill line takes about 20 skill points, if you purchase and morph every active, and if you max every passive.

With 50 levels, dozens of skill point awarding quests, and hundreds of skyshards, it should not be difficult to max out 4-6 skill lines. Or partially invest in twice that much. I doubt it will be advantageous to max out many lines. Probably only your armor, primary weapon, and one class line. Everything else can just be picked through.